• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At that level do you get a big ass gold ring and people have to bow and kiss it? :bow:

571-3AVLG2.jpg
    LOL i wish. Im not even close to the top levels. Im a baby. But i have a voice and thats what I wanted. And im glad my money goes to protect the 2nd!
    I wanted to know what it takes to get a yellow jacket. So being the non shy person I am, i walked up to a man wearing one and I asked, hey how much does it take to get one of those? Im thinking maybe 10k a year still Waaaaaaaay over my budget
    His reply, without blinking, $1,000,000. Yep, 1 Million dollars (in a doctor evil voice with pinky finger to the mouth. Ok maybe no dr evil, but the amount is real

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    LOL i wish. Im not even close to the top levels. Im a baby. But i have a voice and thats what I wanted. And im glad my money goes to protect the 2nd!
    I wanted to know what it takes to get a yellow jacket. So being the non shy person I am, i walked up to a man wearing one and I asked, hey how much does it take to get one of those? Im thinking maybe 10k a year still Waaaaaaaay over my budget
    His reply, without blinking, $1,000,000. Yep, 1 Million dollars (in a doctor evil voice with pinky finger to the mouth. Ok maybe no dr evil, but the amount is real

I've saw that when I looked at the different levels of membership! :faint:
    It's listed on the website.The NRA Golden Eagles.
    For that price you better be able to give orders to all the other members "bellow you", and they should act as your butler during the different NRA events.

I'm not sure how many NRA members are at that level.
    The CEO of Smith&Wesson is one of those dudes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    B&T is the best, and I skipped a lot booths.

I spent a long time at Silencershop booth to get re-educated on post 41F NFA transactions. I think I'm finally recovered from 2017(paid for 11 stamps that year)

Bought couple 600 lumen Streamlight Polytac rechargeable 18650 flashlights for $50 each.

The lost time when NRAAM was here, I picked up a lot of swags, hats, patches, even T-shirs. This time, nothing but stickers.

I'll probably go back tomorrow, need to get more info on eForm Form 1 lowers.

Interesting. I didn't get a chance to look at any lights today, but I'm in the market for one and considering going back tomorrow.

I've been to both days so far and the only time I pulled out the wallet was for a Wall of Guns raffle ticket.

I did ask the kids if they had fun today and they said "yes". I asked if they wanted to go back tomorrow for youth day and they said "yes" to that too. :alright:

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Saw a Yellow Jacket walking down the hallway to Lucas Friday morning. Must have had to sell the shirt off his wife(?)’s back to afford it. She was only wearing a tasteful blazer with nothing underneath except what the plastic surgeon installed. She was a bit younger than him, perhaps he was her daddy.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I went yesterday with my Dad, BIL, and a IDPA buddy. Today I went with my 10 yo Son. Saw way less today than yesterday but had so much more fun. Watching his eyes light up when I was looking at some of the wild rifles was absolutely priceless. The best was when we were at a sight booth and he picked up a blue gun and the first thing he did was tried to clear the weapon. The sales guy said it's fake you don't have to do that. He said yes I do or my Dad will never let me touch another gun again. We went to Hooters for lunch and went back to the show. Had a wonderful Father Son day. -Jason

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I went yesterday with my Dad, BIL, and a IDPA buddy. Today I went with my 10 yo Son. Saw way less today than yesterday but had so much more fun. Watching his eyes light up when I was looking at some of the wild rifles was absolutely priceless. The best was when we were at a sight booth and he picked up a blue gun and the first thing he did was tried to clear the weapon. The sales guy said it's fake you don't have to do that. He said yes I do or my Dad will never let me touch another gun again. We went to Hooters for lunch and went back to the show. Had a wonderful Father Son day. -Jason

:yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    BRAVO!!! These are the traditions we MUST defend.
    I want this for my son & daughter also.
    Way to go Dad!!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Awesome job Dad. I made sure to check clear on every gun my kids and I touched today too. My son turns 4 next month and he wants to pull every single trigger, so I want to be sure he sees me checking clear every single time I touch a gun.

We had a funny moment in the SIg Sauer booth today while checking out the 365s. My boy is tall enough to reach most of the guns, but too short to pull them up and off the post that runs through the barrel. While I was paying attention to my daughter, he grabbed a SIg by the grip and pulled it down so hard it snapped the post right off. Thankfully he did it right in front of the sales rep who laughed and said, "he must really like handguns."

I replied with, "yeah and he has expensive taste. I couldn't even get him to touch anything in the Glock booth."

That earned a hearty laugh from the SIg rep, but unfortunately did not result in him offering me a free gun.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've gotten well over 20,000 steps in at NRAAM so far. My dogs are barkin!

Thursday night was unusual in that a large number of vendors didn't hang around to get their weapons safety tagged. The place was close to empty of booth employees by 6:30. I've stayed past 10:30 several times before. The crunch was on to get done before the exhibition hall opened Friday morning.

Open carry? Me. Steyr M9-A1 on Thursday, Friday and an M9A3 today.

Booth babes? IMO, down this year. There's still some lovely ladies worthy of a mention though. A gal at the Border Crossing Guard booth for one. :drool: Maggie Reese was looking nice. Casey Cook was looking nice (buff cookie on IG).

Everytime I saw Kristy Messenger (Tactissy), I let her flip my switchblade. Microtech yesterday, Protech today (she lives in a no auto knife state).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hope for the future. I was in a meeting earlier this pm, I met three VERY impressive young people working in support of campus carry. Two of them are current students and are planning empty holster events. The biggest problem they have: getting holsters.

After the meeting I spoke with both. I told them I was partial to my leather and Kydex but I’d be happy to send them $10 holsters I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing.

Hopefully more to follow on this.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Noticed that the swag was at a very low today. Did manage to snag a couple of nice black CZ hats, a few patches and a pile of stickers and propaganda

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hope for the future. I was in a meeting earlier this pm, I met three VERY impressive young people working in support of campus carry. Two of them are current students and are planning empty holster events. The biggest problem they have: getting holsters.

After the meeting I spoke with both. I told them I was partial to my leather and Kydex but I’d be happy to send them $10 holsters I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing.

Hopefully more to follow on this.

You could probably start a thread about that and collect unewanted holsters from INGOers.
    I bet some folks have boxes full of cheap old holsters they no longer need/want.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'll be back all day tomorrow. I took my 4yo daughter and 6yo son all day Friday and my plans were to go with a good friend all day Sunday and leave the kids with mom this time. Well my son has been talking about our experience Friday nonstop since we left. He really had a great time. I was tucking him into bed tonight and he looked at me with teary eyes and said "I know you want to spend adult time with your friend tomorrow but I really wish I could go again." I could see and feel how much he enjoyed the event and our time together. I looked back at him and said "goodnight buddy get your rest because you are going to be walking a ton again tomorrow!" His face lit up and he said "Oh my God I'm going again!?!" I might have gotten a little teary eyed myself. Best feeling in the world to see your kid that happy and engaged in something that so important to me as well.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'll be back all day tomorrow. I took my 4yo daughter and 6yo son all day Friday and my plans were to go with a good friend all day Sunday and leave the kids with mom this time. Well my son has been talking about our experience Friday nonstop since we left. He really had a great time. I was tucking him into bed tonight and he looked at me with teary eyes and said "I know you want to spend adult time with your friend tomorrow but I really wish I could go again." I could see and feel how much he enjoyed the event and our time together. I looked back at him and said "goodnight buddy get your rest because you are going to be walking a ton again tomorrow!" His face lit up and he said "Oh my God I'm going again!?!" I might have gotten a little teary eyed myself. Best feeling in the world to see your kid that happy and engaged in something that so important to me as well.
    Warms this grandpa's heart (not a Fudd!!, as was discussed other places) and gives hope to the future.
    Being a good dad is the best thing in the world you can do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We missed each other again Cm. I was OC most of the day. Kirk was OCing a 1911 this pm.

Haven and I missed both of you. Apparently unbeknownst to us, when we stopped by the ISRP booth to finally meet Kirk FTF he was actually down the hall with Guy at his table getting ready for the broadcast. (saw the note from Guy after the fact about his show location and that Kirk was a guest)

Missed seeing you guys. Hope to see you at the June match. Got to say hi to Larry Whitesides on Friday at the IDPA booth so at least got to see one of the usual crew.

Anyone know of any links to official NRA feedback pages about the show? Because I have a yuuuuge beef with them.
    Whatever moron thought that giving Dr Lott a half room for his talks was a good idea needs to find a new job. (Or do the speakers pay for their rooms?) Holy crap. Waved off his morning talk because it was out the door when we arrived 5 minutes to showtime. Haven secured us seats early at the afternoon talk and once again, out the door. yet I was at several other double room talks and they were barely half full.

That gentleman is the best thing we have going for our cause and is a near celebrity because he preaches the truth not what somebody in the media wants to hear! I'd argue he is one of the most important people on our side. EVER. We could possibly survive without the NRA. Without Lott and his research that proves everyone else's [STRIKE]research[/STRIKE] bull**** as a fraud we wouldnt stand a chance.

CSB: He isnt even a gun guy! He mentioned he didnt even own a gun until recently, and doesnt carry! He just saw others in his profession doing a disservice and wanted to do what was right and publish accurate data for the sake of integrity.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Went today saw Hickok and his son. Taran Butler and his angels and Colion noir. I agree the swag wasn't as good as 2014 (Sunday Attendance) maybe tomorrow will be better. Had a good time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Went today saw Hickok and his son. Taran Butler and his angels and Colion noir. I agree the swag wasn't as good as 2014 (Sunday Attendance) maybe tomorrow will be better. Had a good time.

Agreed. Swag in 2014 was better.
    BUUUUT...

Friday swag was still pretty good. Saturday swag was noticibly down over Friday. Friday AM I saw one vendor giving away blue hard shell waterproof cases about 8"x4"x2" but I didnt feel like standing in line to get one. Didnt see anything like this Saturday.

Some of the perception is based on timing.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

He ain't lyin' I pretty sure I heard the guy before he did, a d I choked on the Black Rifle Coffee sample.

Top Bottom