Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    2020 Nashville TN April 16-21
    2021 Houston TX May 13-18
    2022 Louisville KY May 19-24
    2023 Indianapolis IN April 13-18

That is a pretty short list of cities to rotate through. The options for any large convention based on facilities and lodging is already limited. Throw in the taint of guns and the NRA and I am sure there are some cities that say "No, we don't want to support our local businesses with your dirty blood money." Then there is the challenge of finding cities and facilities that are carry friendly and it looks like you are down to rotating through the same four +/- cities. Trouble is, that with such a short list the supply/demand dynamics will drive the venue pricing higher, ultimately impacting the cost of vendor booths and their level of participation. Maybe that is why there were fewer booth girls and schwag this year.

Awan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Boone County
    A couple of pics.
    Col. Allen West
    CCfD4Zl.jpg

Greg Kinman and is son John. The pic was taken by Zeke Stout from Discovery Channel's "Master of Arms." Zeke is a giant, too!
    e8eoGcq.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Is there an official nose count of attendees yet? I did a brief internet search and didn't find anything, nor on the NRAAM app.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I wonder if that is badges issued? If so its at least 3 higher because my family didnt join even though I ordered credentials.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Also are they trying to take into account repeat visits?

For instance I ordered 3 badges. One for me and two for my kids. I attended all three days. They were each there for two days. That's a total of seven visits.

I don't see how there's any way to get an accurate head count.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Here's my highlights: Met Robert Vogel, chatted about several things, mainly grip and dry firing, as well as grip strengthening. Robert is down to earth, pragmatic and easy to understand.

Hornady engineer Nick and I discussed 190 gr. Sub round from them as a potential home defense option. They developed it for the FBI's 7.5" supressed Blackouts. Happy I own a Blackout pistol. :) Got 4 free Hornady hats.

Discussed Speer Gold Dot Rifle ammo with Speer product manager. Obtained free Speer reloading manual because he wasnt sure what powder would be good for low flash with the projectile.

Spoke with everyone at Kel-Tec, great folks and love their innovation. Point Blank and other ranges will be getting a call from me requesting they start the range program.

Sar-USA, met owner. Great guy. Same with EAA. EAA made frames universal for swapping slides and calibers. Bonus. Chiappa USA makes $500 "Shockwave" size "Other fiream". It's semi-auto. What a sick idea. Caracal USA - Finally got to hold one. Very usable 18 rd semi auto 9 for small hands. Also calling dealers to get products from these companies. We all need more options.

Primary Arms, nice guys, tons of free schwiggy schwag.

Saw Hicock. Didnt say hi, was late surprise and I was running the other way.

Mec Gar, free magazine zipper pulls.

UTG, discussed bipods and the man was generous enough to give me one for an unmentionable deal "We don't want to take anything home with us" he said. They guarantee their stuff, win-win.

Free CZ hat. Free HK hat.

Met the Miculeks. Met Tactical Rifleman, Met Yeager. Jerry said he still does treadmill a couple times a week and recommended I run if I want to compete. Yeager wants me to attend a class (of course). Karl (Tactical Rifleman) would love to come teach one.

Free Eotech 512 given to me in a giveaway from Eotech. Made my year! Pictures as soon as I can.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Also are they trying to take into account repeat visits?

For instance I ordered 3 badges. One for me and two for my kids. I attended all three days. They were each there for two days. That's a total of seven visits.

I don't see how there's any way to get an accurate head count.

Since they were not really checking badges who knows how many people without them got in

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Since they were not really checking badges who knows how many people without them got in

I actually found ICC staff fairly attentive. My trips out and back for lunch were each scrutunized by staff watching for badges. Not as aggressive, but getting into the hall was also watched closely.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I actually found ICC staff fairly attentive. My trips out and back for lunch were each scrutunized by staff watching for badges. Not as aggressive, but getting into the hall was also watched closely.
    First day i didn't realize my badge was under my coat until after i was inside. The second day I had it flipped over so it just showed black and the 2 guys I walked past didn't say anything.
    I agree it is probably the easiest show for the cops to work, I saw no troublemakers outside and only one nutty looking guy inside that was wearing red and white 1970's basketball shorts and a white T shirt and looked to not be right in the head.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I went part of the day Friday and today. Middle aged guys don’t get offered swag so I had to buy stuff.
    If by middle aged you mean 47, and by swag you mean 40% off VIP cards from Safariland, Surefire, 5.11, or discounts on Resco watches, or Emerson knives, or a ton of 25 year anny. Magpul swag, you’re right?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    First day i didn't realize my badge was under my coat until after i was inside. The second day I had it flipped over so it just showed black and the 2 guys I walked past didn't say anything.
    I agree it is probably the easiest show for the cops to work, I saw no troublemakers outside and only one nutty looking guy inside that was wearing red and white 1970's basketball shorts and a white T shirt and looked to not be right in the head.

Did he have long sideburns? That look isn't complete without the burns.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.

It was interesting going over to the mall, which is a “No Weapons” zone. Given the amount of booth staff and attendees over there for lunch and dinner on Saturday, I’m pretty that was pretty much ignored by the security (who probably just didn’t want to mess with it, and I don’t blame them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I completely understand.
    Yeah it was a good show. Lots of good deals to be had. I was proud of myself because overall i didnt spend a lot of money. I bought a new emerson knife, a apex trigger, I used my geissele coupon online because i wasnt sure which rail i wanted at the show, upgraded to patron life member. Had a blast so the pain and stiffness was worth it. I did a lot better than i thought i would. I did get to the point saturday where i knew i had just enough gas if i stopped to get back to my truck and i just couldnt do sunday i was so stiff, so i missed some of the booths.

What Emerson model did you get?

I didn't know they were selling stuff like a regular gun show.

Top Bottom