• ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    What: NRA Defensive Pistol class.
    When: Two-day split: Wednesday, July 8th from 5:30PM-8:30PM and Sunday, July 12th from 3:00PM-8:30PM.
    Where: Marion County Fish and Game Association
    How Much: $150. No other fees. Click here for discounts and cancellation policy.
    Note: This class is essentially the same as our Defensive Handgun 101. If you previously attended the DH-101 class, the 50% repeat-a-class discount applies to this class.
    Description: An intermediate class that teaches: psychology and mindset for criminal attack; situational awareness; physiological changes under high-stress; retention-ready position; drawing a handgun(s); clearing stoppages; loads/reloads; and more. The course culminates with a Tueller Drill which is an eye-opener for many students.
    Prerequisite: NRA Basic Pistol or equivalent/superior class or waiver from me. This is NOT a basic class, safe gun-handling and basic accuracy is a MUST.

What to bring
    :
    Required:
    1. A Good attitude and willingness to learn.
    2. The handgun(s) you plan to use for defense. Click here for a list of approved cartridges.
    3. A holster made to fit your gun(s). Most IWB and OWB holsters are fine. No shoulder-holsters or cross-draw holsters are permitted. Ankle and purse holsters are permitted but not recommended. Pocket holsters are permitted.
    4. At least 150+ rounds of ammunition. More ammo is always better than not. I've never heard of someone that won a gunfight say, "Gee, I wish I didn't bring so much ammo."
    5. At least 3 magazines. More mags are always better than fewer...see above.
    6. Eye/ear protection.
    7. Refillable water bottle. STAY HYDRATED!

Optional:
    1. Back-up gun (BUG). Even the unstoppable Glock DO STOP...on the range and on the street. If you plan on using a BUG, 50+ of the 150+ rounds of ammunition will be for it and you will need a permitted holster for the BUG as well.
    2. Sun-block, insect repellent, etc.
    3. Snacks/protein bars, etc.
    4. Cleaning/maintenance equipment just in case.

Learn more about us and what we do: Train To Be Safe Academy - TrainToBeSafe.com
    Email me with any questions: chris@traintobesafe.com

Take care and BE SAFE!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom