• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I received a mailing today from the NRA with a check made out to the NRA for $400. It says I can become a life member for only $600. Anyone else get one of these mailing or is anyone else familier with this offer?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Got it. Caressed the check for a little while since I don't often see that much "money" in one place. Glanced at the offer. Into recycling it went.

If I had $600 laying around I would use it on ammo, Grabill meat or another AK.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I think they've been offereing $600 lifetime memberships for awhile. My brother told me about it around 2 years ago & I called them up. It was $600 for a lifetime membership & you only had to pay $25 every quarter. I went ahead & paid it in full within a few months & then I received an offer to recommend other people for lifetime members for a much better price - I think it was only $300 for a life membership for those that I recommended within a certain time period.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I just sent my paperwork in, my dad paid for my legacy lifetime membership, and it was a crazy cheap price (compared to the regular price of a lifetime membership).

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I just sent my paperwork in, my dad paid for my legacy lifetime membership, and it was a crazy cheap price (compared to the regular price of a lifetime membership).

Got mine this spring for $300 with the family referral.

I just got a "check" from the NRA for $700, making it only $300 of MY money to become an Endowment member...

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Do the same generous benefits accrue to a one-year-at-a-time member as tgo a life-time ticket? I ask because those bennies do look good, if totally equitable. But at age 74, a one-year membership just might BE a lifdetime! !

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I think they've been offereing $600 lifetime memberships for awhile. My brother told me about it around 2 years ago & I called them up. It was $600 for a lifetime membership & you only had to pay $25 every quarter. I went ahead & paid it in full within a few months & then I received an offer to recommend other people for lifetime members for a much better price - I think it was only $300 for a life membership for those that I recommended within a certain time period.

After reading your post, I opted to send the $25 and wait and see if during the quarterly payments they make me a better offer. I dont want to sound cheap by this... but hey... everyone is watching what they spend right now!!

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    After reading your post, I opted to send the $25 and wait and see if during the quarterly payments they make me a better offer. I dont want to sound cheap by this... but hey... everyone is watching what they spend right now!!

The better offers didn't come to me as I was paying, they came to people I recommended AFTER I'd paid my $600 in full. Good luck.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    $300 for a life membership would be a pretty good deal. That's what I paid back when I bought my life membership in 1981. I forget what it cost me to upgrade to endowment, I got it when they were having a fire sale on upgrades back in December 1996.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Got mine this spring for $300 with the family referral.

I just got a "check" from the NRA for $700, making it only $300 of MY money to become an Endowment member...

I got the same thing in the mail yesterday.

What's the difference between Life and Endowment? Aside from the new stickers and decals?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

They have a "drive" every year where they offer the life memberships for $300 on the "family" plan. But it doesn't really have to be a family member...and they wouldn't know anyway.

You might wanna check the fine print and make sure payment doesn't lock you in on a given amount due. I don't know that it does, but for record-keeping purposes, I wouldn't be surprised.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I got the same thing in the mail yesterday.

What's the difference between Life and Endowment? Aside from the new stickers and decals?

I think that's about it. Endowment and Benefactor and such are just "levels" of Life membership meaning you've handed them at least X dollars...

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    I received a mailing today from the NRA with a check made out to the NRA for $400. It says I can become a life member for only $600. Anyone else get one of these mailing or is anyone else familier with this offer?
    If one is going to be a member of such a group, join the Gun Owners of America. The NRA is the king o compromise and there is no room for that when it comes to that which is a right. If you are a duck hunter join the NRA, if a liberty lover than the GOA. Or just spend the money on ammo and call it a day.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Actually, the Second Amendment Foundation is the group that put up money and lawyers for Heller and McDonald while the NRA was still trying to torpedo the cases. They are a tax-deductible non-profit, plus they are demonstrably doing real good for all of us with the money they get. I think they are helping push for Illinois carry as well, along with the local orgs.

Top Bottom