• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I was wondering if anyone knew anyway to opt out of the pounds of mail I get every week from the NRA?

I'm a proud member and donate with my annual membership but every week I get a large envelope containing 4-5 pieces of paper asking me for more money. More money to send me more mailers!?!?

Anyone else sick of this?

Thanks,

FG12351

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Mine comes in the form of Email most of the time. I too think it is way too much mail. I would also like it to stop.. :)

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I really only get mine thru email. I am a lifer so I dont know it that makes a difference. :dunno: I only get something about once a month or so.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    My take on it is, "please use my donation to fight the good fight... not to send me more mail!"

Direct mail pieces are not cheap. And the high gloss heavy paper is even more expensive. Image the postage costs alone. The fact is that they must receive more in donations per direct mail blast then it costs them to produce it, or they wouldn't do it. So... whatever. But they could save the cost for mine if they wanted to give me the opt out option (or I could write to them and tell them to stop, but I'm lazy like that)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    You can call them and opt out of their mailings or you can write to them and ask in writing to opt out.

I wrote to Wayne LaPierre (sp?) questioning why it seemed my membership dues for the year were being eaten up by mass mailings back to me to ask for more monies to help the NRA-ILA smooze the legislators and never got a reply back. I informed them in writing that I was willing to continue my membership but to stop all the mass mailings to me. They did, finally.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's one of the biggest reasons I didn't renew my American Legion membership. I'm not paying to be spammed with junk mail. I let my membership go several months ago and got more junk mail from them yesterday.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    That's one of the reasons I like the GOA, they seem to make better use of my yearly contributions by not flooding my mailbox with insurance offers and such each week. They send a quarterly black & white flyer with updates, as well as opt-in or out emails whenever anything significant is taking place or about to happen. I was die-hard NRA all the way until I learned about the GOA here on INGO. They're the only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington.

Their link is located in my signature if anyone is interested in learning more.

Top Bottom