• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Article cites a few different sources that point to the same thing. Repubs are seriously disappointed in the NRA and their backing of dem politicians in the November elections. From their monetary gifts to Harry Reid to the endorsements of a number of dems, some old school gun grabbers. All of these are really rankling the gop and their supporters. Guess that's what happens when you've got a powerful "single issue" lobbying group. At least GOA tries to look at the big picture and how it all relates when they grade.

NRA may shoot down Republican dreams to win back House | Raw Story

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    charlton heston is the only NRA member i have any respect for.

god rest you, chuck. you tried. and we failed. not your fault.

rest in peace, friend.

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    I got a call from the NRA yesterday about my purposeful laps in dues.

I told them I did not like them supporting Harry Reid.

They said Harry Reid was Pro Gun.

I said Jim Zumbo is "pro gun" but both Zumbo and Reid
    are Anti Second Amendment...

Pro gun and Pro 2nd are 2 different things entirely....

I'm not a hunter, I have NO need of a "sporting" firearm..

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Fast forward to a time ...

NFA repealed.
    GCA repealed.
    2A critics quieted.
    No more ATF.
    No more contributions.
    No more NRA.

Who in the NRA really wants that?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Fast forward to a time ...

NFA repealed.
    GCA repealed.
    2A critics quieted.
    No more ATF.
    No more contributions.
    No more NRA.

Who in the NRA really wants that?

That belies a reality that leaves room for the NRA as a relatively non-political animal though.

Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.

It didn't start that way and it doesn't have to end that way. There's lots of room for the NRA's existence sans political lobbying. In fact, I'd say there's room for more non-political "activities" in a freer USA than not.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    charlton heston is the only NRA member i have any respect for.

god rest you, chuck. you tried. and we failed. not your fault.

rest in peace, friend.

I prefer Nuge and Tom Selloc personally ;)

In any event, a republican congress stymies the nra's funding raising. They've got a golden goose and they are going to for the gold. :xmad:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I got a call from the NRA yesterday about my purposeful laps in dues.

I told them I did not like them supporting Harry Reid.

They said Harry Reid was Pro Gun.

I said Jim Zumbo is "pro gun" but both Zumbo and Reid
    are Anti Second Amendment...

Pro gun and Pro 2nd are 2 different things entirely....

I'm not a hunter, I have NO need of a "sporting" firearm..

I think everyone needs to look a little deeper as to why the NRA is supporting Reid. Reid is currently the majority leader of the senate. If he is defeated and the GOP doesn't take the majority in the senate (the GOP should take the house with ease, but the senate is probably a long shot).....who will be the next majority leader of the senate? Answer- Chuck Schumer who is one of the most anti-gun, anti-2A people walking the planet. Yes, most of us don't like the fact that Reid supported all of Obama's agenda, but he is pro-gun/pro-2A. So the question is: If the Dems remain in control of the senate after the election, who would you rather see as the majority leader, Harry Reid or Charles Schumer? I believe this is the angle or the reason that the NRA is supporting Reid. Remember, the NRA is a single-issue organization. :twocents:

Last edited:

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I think everyone needs to look a little deeper as to why the NRA is supporting Reid. Reid is currently the majority leader of the senate. If he is defeated and the GOP doesn't take the majority in the senate (the GOP should take the house with ease, but the senate is probably a long shot).....who will be the next majority leader of the senate? Answer- Chuck Schumer who is one of the most anti-gun, anti-2A people walking the planet. Yes, most of us don't like the fact that Reid supported all of Obama's agenda, but he is pro-gun/pro-2A. So the question is: If the Dems remain in control of the senate after the election, who would you rather see as the majority leader, Harry Reid or Charles Schumer? I believe this is the angle or the reason that the NRA is supporting Reid. Remember, the NRA is a single-issue organization. :twocents:

You are saying,

Better the Devil you know than the Devil you may get.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have about as much respect for the Republican party as I do the NRA... and that aint much.

I couldn't care less who the NRA supports or doesn't support. All I know is that I don't support them.

Thanks to the NRA we have things like the GCA of 1968. If that wasn't enough, their recent behavior and attempts to derail Heller should have sent anyone serious about their gun rights into a tizzy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think everyone needs to look a little deeper . . . If the Dems remain in control of the senate after the election, who would you rather see as the majority leader, Harry Reid or Charles Schumer? I believe this is the angle or the reason that the NRA is supporting Reid. Remember, the NRA is a single-issue organization. :twocents:

Ahh there you go injecting logic into this.

Don't you know the people who hate the NRA are too superficial to look at any sort of long term strategy?

The election is like a chess game. Make a move today to block what will come at you 7 moves later. Reid has, in fact, been a friend of gun owners. He may be a total douche on other issues but he has a very strong pro-gun record. Schumer, on the other hand, is a solid friend of the anti-gun Brady Campaign and a total tool for the gun ban crowd.

The President of the Senate sets the agenda of which bills get pushed, which are tabled, which never see the light of day. Schumer would kill any pro-gun bill that ever reached the floor, further he would work tirelessly to insert anti-gun amendments into bills that are supported by conservatives giving them very tough choices.

The logic of the GOA is sort of like the logic of of the angry many people here, they stockpile food. The logic of the NRA, at least in this battle, seems to be one of stockpiling both food & toilet paper. Think long term folks.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Don't you know the people who hate the NRA are too superficial to look at any sort of long term strategy?
    Really? What was their "long term strategy" when they ignored the events in NOLA? Well, that is until the GOA filed a lawsuit to stop the illegal confiscations, then the NRA jumped in and claimed victory.

What was their "long term strategy" in supporting the GCA of 1968?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Its not 1968 anymore. Its 2010.

Wake up and get real. The NRA may not be perfect, but their are a far better group today than they were. The GOA is nothing more than the 6# yappy dog in the corner, no member of congress is afraid of them, let alone respects them. They are as impotent as their yappy bark.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Its not 1968 anymore. Its 2010.

Wake up and get real. The NRA may not be perfect, but their are a far better group today than they were. The GOA is nothing more than the 6# yappy dog in the corner, no member of congress is afraid of them, let alone respects them. They are as impotent as their yappy bark.
    Was NOLA in 1968? Was Heller in 1968?

The only reason a real gun rights group like the GOA isn't viable is because people like you who are content pandering to the NRA vs. getting off your rearends and actually taking up the fight for our rights by supporting a group that actually care less about profits and more about our rights.

You're the problem, not the solution.

Top Bottom