• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You are correct. We do need them in a huge way. I hope that somehow, new leadership is put into place and they can rebuild greater than they were before. GOA, 2AF and state groups are all needed too.
    As I recall, we all are innocent unless, and until PROVEN guilty in a COURT of LAW. I would hope to NOT be tried in the press, and the court of public opinion. Especially not on the word of liberal pigs. Liberal pigs have zero redeeming value and zero substance to their word.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As I recall, we all are innocent unless, and until PROVEN guilty in a COURT of LAW. I would hope to NOT be tried in the press, and the court of public opinion. Especially not on the word of liberal pigs. Liberal pigs have zero redeeming value and zero substance to their word.
    I, for one, do not disagree. That said, I do reserve the right to use my own observation without due process to determine what I am willing to subsidize. I find it very distressing that the 2A organization with by far the greatest potential has been resting on its laurels with little else for decades.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Again, I agree. But after what came out in the bankruptcy case, in my opinion, it doesn't look good.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Again, I agree. But after what came out in the bankruptcy case, in my opinion, it doesn't look good.
    It would be prudent to wait for the legal system to work as intended before we side with liberal scum in attacking an organization that has done so much to protect the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I don't think that wanting the NRA to be better is bashing it. I usually pass on the premiums, but to each their own. A lot of NRA members, if not most are supporters of America First and Make America Great Again and Keep America Great, etc and sometimes it's hard to understand why one group doesn't emphasize several of our ideas. While most of these ideas overlap to the individuals, we need to understand the NRA is concerned with the second amendment, gun rights and gun safety. That's their mission and they need to stay on mission. While there is some debate to be had on their effectiveness, strategies, timing, etc, it should be an internal debate and not public, lest it be misrepresented as weakness among the members. Write them a letter with your concerns and ideas, the board publishes their addresses. I have received a response to every inquiry made,some I liked some, not so much, as to be expected as every one is a little different. They are the biggest name in town and when they speak, they get press. This is not always the case to the other groups. I wish they did everything like I wanted, but so does every other member. Great place for a civil discourse, but we need to keep in mind what we say here doesn't stay here.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I don't think that wanting the NRA to be better is bashing it. I usually pass on the premiums, but to each their own. A lot of NRA members, if not most are supporters of America First and Make America Great Again and Keep America Great, etc and sometimes it's hard to understand why one group doesn't emphasize several of our ideas. While most of these ideas overlap to the individuals, we need to understand the NRA is concerned with the second amendment, gun rights and gun safety. That's their mission and they need to stay on mission. While there is some debate to be had on their effectiveness, strategies, timing, etc, it should be an internal debate and not public, lest it be misrepresented as weakness among the members. Write them a letter with your concerns and ideas, the board publishes their addresses. I have received a response to every inquiry made,some I liked some, not so much, as to be expected as every one is a little different. They are the biggest name in town and when they speak, they get press. This is not always the case to the other groups. I wish they did everything like I wanted, but so does every other member. Great place for a civil discourse, but we need to keep in mind what we say here doesn't stay here.
    It has nothing to do with "wanting NRA to be better" whining about where the gifts they give come from. NRA is a Second Amendment rights org. That`s the ONLY way and place they need to "be better".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just another thought on this. The Chinese Communists own over 2500 large to small American companies and that includes the companies those companies own. So buying American is in many cases is actually buying Chinese now days in a lot of cases.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    It has nothing to do with "wanting NRA to be better" whining about where the gifts they give come from. NRA is a Second Amendment rights org. That`s the ONLY way and place they need to "be better".
    While observing a group that one supports has a policy that many members find unwanted may seem like whining, it can be more of a way of beginning the conversation of changing or deleting that policy. If you find you are the only one uncomfortable with the policy, maybe you are whining. If you opened the door to find there are many members that share your desire to change that policy, it can be the beginnings of change. If any group has a policy that a large group of their supporters find distasteful, and after research finds that removal or changing said policy did not detract from the satisfaction or any or almost any members, then the change did make the group better. I would argue that there would be very few who would quit any group should they change their policy on membership renewal or joining premiums to include a $5.00 increase in an individuals dues for the optional made in USA gift. This puts the additional burden on the individual. Those who forgo any gift, those who want the cheap Chinese premium, and those who will add $5.00 for the made in USA premium. After a small implementation cost, it would be income neutral. This idea is probably flawed and minds much smarter than mine could develop a better program change to appease the most members while displeasing the least number of members. As stated before, one mans whining is another mans opening of dialog.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    While observing a group that one supports has a policy that many members find unwanted may seem like whining, it can be more of a way of beginning the conversation of changing or deleting that policy. If you find you are the only one uncomfortable with the policy, maybe you are whining. If you opened the door to find there are many members that share your desire to change that policy, it can be the beginnings of change. If any group has a policy that a large group of their supporters find distasteful, and after research finds that removal or changing said policy did not detract from the satisfaction or any or almost any members, then the change did make the group better. I would argue that there would be very few who would quit any group should they change their policy on membership renewal or joining premiums to include a $5.00 increase in an individuals dues for the optional made in USA gift. This puts the additional burden on the individual. Those who forgo any gift, those who want the cheap Chinese premium, and those who will add $5.00 for the made in USA premium. After a small implementation cost, it would be income neutral. This idea is probably flawed and minds much smarter than mine could develop a better program change to appease the most members while displeasing the least number of members. As stated before, one mans whining is another mans opening of dialog.
    The NRA`s mission NOT to supply you with a gift. The NRA`s mission is to support and defend the Second Amendment. In spite of the whining over the gift.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The NRA`s mission NOT to supply you with a gift. The NRA`s mission is to support and defend the Second Amendment. In spite of the whining over the gift.
    Exactly. This is why I am not interested in gifts, empty posturing, or seeing that Wayne LaPierre never has to wear the same $5,000 suit twice, nor am I interested in paying for these things in the absence of a vigorous defense of the 2A.

Mauser Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    Fishers
    When I walked into this chatroom, it almost felt like I've walked into a couple having an end of a relationship fight.... I kind of want to do that thing when they both see you walk in and you slowly walk backwards and exit... lol

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    In other words, yeah, the NRA has problems, but our biggest problems are what the 3D's in Washington want to do to our rights.

Question to OP: are there reasonably priced US hat and duffle bag manufacturers that the NRA could use?

Perhaps a price break for acknowledging "XXXX Textile, INC proudly supports the NRA, it's members and the Second Amendment with our quality USA made products"

Top Bottom