• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    This Instructor course has been canceled. I had several people asking for a course and none signed up. So we will do a Utah CFP on that Saturday instead.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    just an FYI:

in this economy, not everyone has a couple hundred bucks just laying around and needs a payday or two to put aside the money....

Let alone trying to find a place to stay for those driving from out of town.

you sure didn't give much time to sign up before cancelling.

:twocents:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    just an FYI:

in this economy, not everyone has a couple hundred bucks just laying around and needs a payday or two to put aside the money....

I appreciate your frustration. Imagine mine after spending $500+ on course materials! I was not planning to do another Instructor course for a while but I had 6 people (Including yourself) that contacted me certain that they would attend if I offered another course. (I had just done one) I set aside a weekend to do one and published it here and every person but you said they couldn't make it. Your eamil response to me was:

"Thank you, I'll get signed up ASAP!"
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    I took that to mean your registration was imminent. When people contact me repeatedly to express interest in a course I assume they are ready to go. Regardless, I can't do a course with one person. The NRA requires AT LEAST 6 people for an instructor course because of the teaching exercises and "buzz group" work required in class.

I try to do an instructor course quarterly. I can get the minimum that way and have 2-3 months to get there. I never would have considered scheduling a course less than a month out if I didn't have serious interest. As it happens the dates I could be off from my regular job to do the course did not work out for the intended participants. So we'll try again at a later date. I'd rather cancel early than take people's money and cancel at the last minute AFTER students have saved the money and made time off and travel/lodging arrangements. :twocents:

This was maybe the second course in 10 years that I've had to cancel, including weather cancellations. While it's a rare event, these things do happen. We'll try again later in the year. It's not easy for me to find an entire weekend off to teach two full days (Given my monthly work schedule comes out 2 weeks in advance and changes daily!) AND get the pre-course assessments done. I do the best I can. It just didn't work out the way anyone intended because of the date. I hope to see you in a future course. If not, no hard feelings and best wishes. :ingo:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    just an FYI:

I appreciate your frustration. Imagine mine after spending $500+ on course materials! I was not planning to do another Instructor course for a while but I had 6 people (Including yourself) that contacted me certain that they would attend if I offered another course. (I had just done one) I set aside a weekend to do one and published it here and every person but you said they couldn't make it. Your eamil response to me was:

"Thank you, I'll get signed up ASAP!"
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    I took that to mean your registration was imminent. When people contact me repeatedly to express interest in a course I assume they are ready to go. Regardless, I can't do a course with one person. The NRA requires AT LEAST 6 people for an instructor course because of the teaching exercises and "buzz group" work required in class.

I try to do an instructor course quarterly. I can get the minimum that way and have 2-3 months to get there. I never would have considered scheduling a course less than a month out if I didn't have serious interest. As it happens the dates I could be off from my regular job to do the course did not work out for the intended participants. So we'll try again at a later date. I'd rather cancel early than take people's money and cancel at the last minute AFTER students have saved the money and made time off and travel/lodging arrangements. :twocents:

This was maybe the second course in 10 years that I've had to cancel, including weather cancellations. While it's a rare event, these things do happen. We'll try again later in the year. It's not easy for me to find an entire weekend off to teach two full days (Given my monthly work schedule comes out 2 weeks in advance and changes daily!) AND get the pre-course assessments done. I do the best I can. It just didn't work out the way anyone intended because of the date. I hope to see you in a future course. If not, no hard feelings and best wishes. :ingo:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I was not one of the people asking for one. However, I would have signed up had it not coincided with the Indiana Firearms Law Seminar in Ft. Wayne(posted in another thread).

Top Bottom