• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    ---DAM I hate to see responses like this-------
    ----if you dont want to get any harassing from(your number one RIGHTS fighter)the NRA----turn your card over--call the number on the back---tell them to stop sending the "harassing requests"--THEY WILL
    I am a BENEFACTOR LIFE member of the NRA--been a member for 55 years----I have NEVER received a phone call from the NRA asking for anything....

tallend

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    glad I just did a 5 year membership last week. Although, it's a pretty minimal increase and seems completely reasonable.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    If a person doesn't stand up for something, chances are they will fall for about anything. The 2nd amendment is a pretty good place to make a stand. In D.C. money is the spoken language, support the NRA, each dollar gives you about $3 worth of voice and ticks off the liberal party which is about priceless.
    Also stop complaining about the extra phone calls and mailings. if they bother you, OPT OUT , it's very easy and lets them focus on people who may be interested in such things.
    Just some random thoughts from a NRA Patron Life member.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Guess I could have gotten the Distinguished Life member ship but chose to pay the full amount because they do good work. I am thinking I should probably give some more to become one of the 'other' life members. They don't bug me that much, no more than the huge amount of junk mail I already get and I don't have a home phone so no calls.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    At the time I belonged, there was no "opt out" option. And i was trying to raise a family on scant dollars. I told them quite clearly I didn't appreciate it, and if the mailings continued, I'd quit. They called my bluff, but it was no bluff. Perhaps that's why the option to "opt out" of excessive mailings exists now. Don't waste my money on mailings asking for more money, or I'll quit giving it to you. And don't tell me you CAN'T stop, or I'll simply drop you. Apparently they've gotten the message. Yeah them.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Benefactor Life member here.
    That should tell you where I stand.

I worked my way from Life to Benefactor using their special pricing. I thought Benefactor was the top membership, but after that they sell a premium yearly membership. I miss the alphanumeric membership numbers.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As a life member, I told them to stop sending the magazine, send it to someone else! They don't bother me except at the annuals, to upgrade. They are the only real voice we have, even though I disagree with some of the concessions they've allowed. They are the ONLY voice that is listened to in regards to PRO 2nd issues! Cry all you want, but prove that wrong!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In today's crazy assed political environment, any gun owner caring about keeping our rights would be foolish not to be an NRA member.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Attended a membership meeting this morning in Kalamazoo, was considering joining there. Listened to an hour all about the club and what it had to offer. Then listened to an hour all about their rules and regs. No open carry anywhere on the grounds, even tho it's legal in Michigan. No 50 yd. pistol range available except at the rifle range, no idea how one would hold a Bulls Eye match, 25 yd. & 50 yd. range needed.

Final straw was when the Safety Director, who also holds a position on the Board because of being Safety Director is not a member of the NRA, to political he tells me. Typical Liberal comment, at least IMO. I mentioned they were the Big Dog on the Porch, shook my head and left.

If this is the clubs stance regarding the NRA either they are way to arrogant for me or just plain stupid. Now arrogance can be fixed, but as the old saying goes, "You can't fix stupid".

Oh well it is what it is, and its more than obvious they likely won't be holding any NRA sponsored matches there.

Guess I'll just stay a member at the 3 local ranges.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If anyone thinks I'd ever pay $1500 for a life membership knowing many who paid $500, well, that ain't gonna happen. Show me one for $500, I'll do it if I can afford it at the time.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    If anyone thinks I'd ever pay $1500 for a life membership knowing many who paid $500, well, that ain't gonna happen. Show me one for $500, I'll do it if I can afford it at the time.

They have a special program where one makes $25.00 quarterly payments. That comes out to just over $2.00 a week. If one is so strapped they can't afford $2.10 a week, I really don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They have a special program where one makes $25.00 quarterly payments. That comes out to just over $2.00 a week. If one is so strapped they can't afford $2.10 a week, I really don't know what to tell you. Go to the food bank.

How I spend my money and where I find value is my decision, not yours.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I upgraded to Life for $300 and Endowment for $250, if I recall correctly. Got lucky, I guess.

All the hate for NRA proves we sometimes are our own worst enemy. With all the gun owners in this country NRA should have 25 million members, at least. The liberal gun-haters would really freak out then.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I upgraded to Life for $300 and Endowment for $250, if I recall correctly. Got lucky, I guess.

All the hate for NRA proves we sometimes are our own worst enemy. With all the gun owners in this country NRA should have 25 million members, at least. The liberal gun-haters would really freak out then.
    ^^this.

I am a Life member. I got mine a few years ago, for $300. That option is still open, if you have a "friend or family member" who is a Life member sponsor you. I signed up for that to avoid the constant renewal hassle and also to get the firearm insurance that comes with membership. I opted out of mailings. I think they're sometimes in favor of things I don't support, but by and large, they get attention inside the Beltway and in Indianapolis as well.

The question I have, for Endowment/Benefactor/Patron members... is there any benefit (other than knowing you sent money to help fight for our rights) to upgrading from Life to one of those levels? (and no, I don't consider the backpack or a jacket or whatever to be a benefit)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom