• ...and so much more!
  • SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    I have been into guns and self defense for a few years now and not until today had I signed up for my NRA membership.

Today, I received a survey in the mail along with an application for membership to the NRA and I decided, for the fact that they fight for our 2nd Amendment Rights alone, that it is well worth the $25. But, what else is in it for me? What should I expect as a new NRA Member? What are the perks? Besides that cool Rosewood NRA pocket Knife. :D

Oh, and I have seen some people are life members. How does one obtain that?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Greene County
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]NRA Membership Benefits [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]These basic membership benefits are automatically included with your NRA Annual Membership or Life Membership, along with special members-only discounts and services. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]An official NRA Membership ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom,[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Junior members receive a subscription to Insights, [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membership.)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$2,500 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage. [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For purposes of insurance, NRA members must be current active members of the NRA whose name appears on the NRA membership list.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call Toll free 1-877-NRA-3006 (1-877-672-3006.) New Commercial Property Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members, visit on-line or call Toll Free 1-877-487-5407. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member. For information regarding legislative action or to become an ILA grassroots volunteer, call 1-800-392-8683. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If you have questions about your NRA membership, please send e-mail to membership@nrahq.org [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Contributions, gifts or membership dues made or paid to the National Rifle Association of America are not refundable or transferable and are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes. [/FONT]

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The main benefit is the HUGE lobby effort for pro gun laws nationwide. You can sign up as a life member easy enough; their web sight is very easy to navigate.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Congratulations and welcome. Now take the next step and join the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. The NRA fights in the National capital and each State has a Rifle and Pistol Association that is the local arm of the NRA which is the presence in each State Capital.

Here is our State Association website. www.isrpa.org

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    All that plus: 1st Freedom Magazine is worth more than the price of membership.
    I'm a Life member of both the NRA and the ISRPA and can't imagine why EVERY gun owner and freedom loving American is Not a member. People cry about rights but many don't support the very organizations who's main purpose is to fight for those rights and advance the shooting sports. Welcome aboard.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I recently signed up since I'm hoping to join a range that requires an NRA membership. I got a free hat sent to me along with a letter telling me how happy they are I joined, they hope I enjoy the hat they just mailed to me, but if I would get the digital version of the magazine, they'd save money by not printing and shipping it to me. I found this to be a tad ironic.

I am wearing the hat tonight though.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been into guns and self defense for a few years now and not until today had I signed up for my NRA membership.

Today, I received a survey in the mail along with an application for membership to the NRA and I decided, for the fact that they fight for our 2nd Amendment Rights alone, that it is well worth the $25. But, what else is in it for me? What should I expect as a new NRA Member? What are the perks? Besides that cool Rosewood NRA pocket Knife. :D

Oh, and I have seen some people are life members. How does one obtain that?

Another good organization to support is the 2nd Amendment Foundation

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another benefit is a lot of mail! Wow do I get a large amount of mail form them.

That said, I do believe in the NRA being a good and necessary organization. I'm a member.
    Also, on some occasions they allow someone to sponsor you and offer a huge discount for lifetime membership.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    Another benefit is a lot of mail! Wow do I get a large amount of mail form them.

That said, I do believe in the NRA being a good and necessary organization. I'm a member.
    Also, on some occasions they allow someone to sponsor you and offer a huge discount for lifetime membership.

Thanks for the info. I would like to get a lifetime membership, but on their site it says $1000. Sooo... I decided to go with the $25 and wait for a sale. Thats how I do all my shopping...

Except my guns unfortunately.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    They will call you for donations. You can ask to be placed on the do not call list. I've been a member since the 80's.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    While i like the idea of the nra, i cant say im a member any longer. Ive heard of a lot about people who did not get help from the nra when it came to gun problems with the law. Although i did enjoy getting the magazine. But its hard for me to support a washington d.c. based organization.

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    N.n
    While i like the idea of the nra, i cant say im a member any longer. Ive heard of a lot about people who did not get help from the nra when it came to gun problems with the law. Although i did enjoy getting the magazine. But its hard for me to support a washington d.c. based organization.

^^^^^^^^agreed. Most everything in Washington is corrupt. Also it seems that as large of an organization that they are, they should be able to get more done. I smell shill........I would rather support a grassroots type of movement.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    N.n

^^^^^^^^agreed. Most everything in Washington is corrupt. Also it seems that as large of an organization that they are, they should be able to get more done. I smell shill........I would rather support a grassroots type of movement.

Guys, with all due respect, the NRA can't do a lot about an individual who has a run in with the law.

The Grassroots organization is our NRA affiliated Indiana Rifle and Pistol Association.

A common misunderstanding is the structure and mission of the NRA and its affiliates. If you have a problem with the law in your hometown, this is who you call:

www.isrpa.org

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Didn't some big wig at the nra (like the vp) make some kind of statement supporting reduced capacity magazines because we didn't need high capacity ones for sporting purposes? I recall some big hullaballooo about it a few years ago.

Came across this site while looking for that article (haven't found it yet):

http://www.nrawol.net/Compromising_Strategy.html

Maybe consider joining the Gun Owners of America (instead or in addition).

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Didn't some big wig at the nra (like the vp) make some kind of statement supporting reduced capacity magazines because we didn't need high capacity ones for sporting purposes? I recall some big hullaballooo about it a few years ago.

Came across this site while looking for that article (haven't found it yet):

Compromising Strategy

Maybe consider joining the Gun Owners of America (instead or in addition).

I think you might mean Joaquin Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Another former member of the NRA BoD seemed to consider him to be on our side. I have not met him, but the statements I read that he supposedly made are not pro-2A, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    They do beg rather a lot, don't they?

Solution - ask to be placed on the reduced mailing list, or limited mailing list.. I forget what exactly it's called. Then you'll receive the magazine only.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I haven't been with the NRA for a couple years. I got tired of the phone calls and mail asking for more money. It was just flat out aggravating!

Top Bottom