• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Who knows, maybe one day we will have an ex-actor for president. :rolleyes:

Nuge is most likely unelectable because of how he expresses his views.

There was a long haul between Reagan the actor and Reagan the president, and he used it to prepare himself. I believe he got "politically aware" when he was elected president of the Screen Actors Guild (twice); shortly after his second term he switched to the Republican Party and supported Barry Goldwater and conservative causes generally with his speeches and activities. Got elected as Governor of California, ran twice for Republican nominee for POTUS before he made it.

I can't see that for the The Nuge to move from....spokesman... to senator would be any worse than Al Franken going direct from comic to senator. Better, in fact. I think it would be more fun if Pres Trump had nominated The Nuge for Secretary of the Interior tho. The histrionics and splodey-heads would be awesome.

Maybe ATF.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While some may like Nugent's views now, he has a history with his past. A history that would surely be exploited in a campaign. He should just drop the idea and save himself the embarrassment.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll admit, I was more fond of the old Motor City Madman wailin' on guitar than I am of hyper-patriotic Uncle Ted wailin' on politics.

But, it should be entertaining. ;)

Meh...I never liked that style of music much.

Ted may not be the perfect candidate but if I were a Michigander, my decision to vote for him or not would be based largely on who was running against him. And since both of their senators are democrats, I would be leaning towards Ted.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ted Nugent? The same guy who stopped grooming himself, crapped and pissed in his own pants just to avoid the draft? Yeah...NO. He sounds all high and mighty now but I wonder if that is all talk and the pants crapper still lurks inside that brain of his. I'd rather not find out.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    aa4f479d36c9911bd539fa86ce832e933a472ced8c3760c6bad63a17ba87a8bc.jpg

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    In MIchigan I assume???

That would be interesting, but I wonder about the Indiana seat?? I heard on a sport radio program that Payton Manning was thinking about getting into politics.....He tends to support the conservative side, could he run for the Senate in 2018?? Wonder if he still owns a residence in Indiana???
    I think uncle Ted lives in Texas. Thought I saw somewhere he has season tickets to watch the Cowboys.

With that being said, I'd vote for Uncle Ted

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While some may like Nugent's views now, he has a history with his past. A history that would surely be exploited in a campaign. He should just drop the idea and save [STRIKE]himself[/STRIKE] [us] the embarrassment.

It is a mistake to think that because Trump got elected, any 'conservative' with a pulse can ride his coattails

Top Bottom