• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    To me it doesn't. I have one that never leaves the safe. The single stack is where it's at for a backup gun. The 26 is too wide for that, plus it's down on rounds for a main carry gun when I can carry my 19 or 17 instead. The 26, to me, has become pretty much useless waste of space in my safe. The 43 will conceal much better and fit in places more discretely that the 26 can't.

So a 26 with 10 rounds and the options of 10, 15 or 17 extra in a spare mag is "down on rounds" but the 43 with 6 rounds is fine?

I've never understood this mentality personally but to each their own. My 26 has become my EDC and I don't feel under gunned with 21 rounds of 9mm ready to go.

Nutn' is annoying but I usually enjoy watching them run through the courses he sets up. I just hate waiting 30 mins before someone pulls a trigger.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    IMO, realistically the 43 is not really pocketable, at least not to the point where it's not obvious you're carrying a handgun in your pocket. So that makes it a belt gun. So that means your choosing what is essentially a new platform. It may be a glock, but you have to buy new mags and holsters for it. On top of that, you lose the ability to use the larger mags. Its just pointless to sacrifice all that for a width reduction of .15"

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    IMO, realistically the 43 is not really pocketable, at least not to the point where it's not obvious you're carrying a handgun in your pocket. So that makes it a belt gun. So that means your choosing what is essentially a new platform. It may be a glock, but you have to buy new mags and holsters for it. On top of that, you lose the ability to use the larger mags. Its just pointless to sacrifice all that for a width reduction of .15"

I respectfully disagree that it is pointless, and I think it makes a significant difference. It is a VERY comfortable gun to wear as a CCW, and in the right holster, is unlikely to show. Much more than the other guns I have, even the SR9c, which is similar in size to the G26. It is so, comfortable, in fact, I don't even think about it when I'm wearing it. It is especially good for light summer clothing. I really enjoy shooting it, and at the end of the day, confidence and comfort with a particular gun is important, IMHO.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'll be picking one up as soon as I find one in my local area. As far as pocket carry, I'm a smaller guy so i wear smaller jeans and it's just not do able with the 42 or 43. If I was going to pocket carry I'd go back to a PM9. But for IWB and shooting comfortably at the range the 43 will be perfect for me.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008

The reduction in width is massive and makes the gun so much more useable as a backup piece, especially in tighter/class A uniforms.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I can see that. I'm also not trying to say its pointless to you. Just to me. I am aware the comfort will be better, but I personally find my 23 to be comfortable to the point of forgetting I have it, so the 27, while not any thinner, is better still. To me, your giving up one of the best things about glock, the mag interchangeability. I have the mags already, and who wants to pay probably close to the same amount as I paid for my 22 round glock mags, for 6 rnd mags. It has its place, as all firearms do. Its just not for me. But everyone has different needs. That's why its awesome all the choices we have.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    So a 26 with 10 rounds and the options of 10, 15 or 17 extra in a spare mag is "down on rounds" but the 43 with 6 rounds is fine?

I've never understood this mentality personally but to each their own. My 26 has become my EDC and I don't feel under gunned with 21 rounds of 9mm ready to go.

Nutn' is annoying but I usually enjoy watching them run through the courses he sets up. I just hate waiting 30 mins before someone pulls a trigger.

I would only carry the 43 as a backup. I've tried to carry the 26 as a backup, but it's hard to conceal anywhere and too thick to put in most places I would carry it. The 43, on the other hand, is slim enough that I would actually be able to use it as a backup.

...and, yes, 10 rounds with a 17 round spare is down on rounds compared to 15 rounds and two (or one) 17 round spares. The 26 stays in the safe.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would only carry the 43 as a backup. I've tried to carry the 26 as a backup, but it's hard to conceal anywhere and too thick to put in most places I would carry it. The 43, on the other hand, is slim enough that I would actually be able to use it as a backup.

...and, yes, 10 rounds with a 17 round spare is down on rounds compared to 15 rounds and two (or one) 17 round spares. The 26 stays in the safe.

To each their own. I'm glad you found a system of carry that works well for you. Me personally I wouldn't carry a BUG. Just not enough belt space. So I'm not sure the 43 would really work for me or fill any roll that my J-frame doesn't.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not trying to argue with you at all. We just have different needs in carry guns. I want the 43 for work. I just couldn't ankle carry the 26. It looked like I had a brick duct taped to my leg.

Not trying to argue either, just understand better. Sorry if it sounded that way. I've learned an EDC system is pretty much in a state of constant evolution, insight on how and what others carry gives me ideas and new things to try. For instance AIWB, last year I would have said it was crazy, now I pretty much exclusively carry my J-frame AIWB. But I'd still never carry anything bigger AIWB. As a BUG the 43 makes, I'm assuming your LEO of some sort? But as a main gun I would most likely choose my J-frame over it. So for me a 43 would live in the safe. I am glad to see Glock FINALLY put out a single stack 9mm though and would like the chance to shoot one.

:cheers: Cheers brother and be safe out there.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Not trying to argue either, just understand better. Sorry if it sounded that way. I've learned an EDC system is pretty much in a state of constant evolution, insight on how and what others carry gives me ideas and new things to try. For instance AIWB, last year I would have said it was crazy, now I pretty much exclusively carry my J-frame AIWB. But I'd still never carry anything bigger AIWB. As a BUG the 43 makes, I'm assuming your LEO of some sort? But as a main gun I would most likely choose my J-frame over it. So for me a 43 would live in the safe. I am glad to see Glock FINALLY put out a single stack 9mm though and would like the chance to shoot one.

:cheers: Cheers brother and be safe out there.

I'd rather AIWB carry a G43 than a Jframe.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd rather AIWB carry a G43 than a Jframe.

It's actually not bad at all. Mine is hammerless and conforms to the shape of my body quite well. Some part of any auto in that location that I've tried ended up poking me somewhere or another and causing discomfort. Granted I have not tried it with a 43. The j frame after a little getting used to it period disappears comfortably.

Top Bottom