• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    i guess this can go here...i am a avid viewer of his channel, love his reviews, and the guy really knows what he's talking about....now.......i was on this forum and ran across a thread about "nutn's full of **** he says hes served in all these military branches, just lies, full of **** etc"...so went on his page and just simply told him peeps were talkin' down on him and that i would like to know for my info what branches he has served in....DUDE WENT PLUM NUTS..:ranton:..he filled his entire channel comments section with his angry ranting...go check it out...

Last edited by a moderator:

chayne02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Well, I would not say he went nuts, but rather is sick of having rocks thrown at him from folks who do not contribute to the firearm community. I think he said it best that serving in the military does not grant someone magical review abilities, but he he does reviews because that is just who he is and what he likes to do.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You hold yourself out for public scrutiny, you're going to collect admirers and detractors. You make public statements and you're going to get people accepting what you say without question, people correcting you where you're wrong, and people nitpicking every little detail you say. Welcome to public life. Don't like it, don't hold yourself out in public. I can't say I'm overly impressed with his style, but I give him some points for actually doing some reviews and the like. For every person who actually does something there's a thousand who are willing to be passive watchers.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    i guess this can go here...i am a avid viewer of his channel, love his reviews, and the guy really knows what he's talking about....now.......i was on this forum and ran across a thread about "nutn's full of **** he says hes served in all these military branches, just lies, full of sh*t etc"...so went on his page and just simply told him peeps were talkin' down on him and that i would like to know for my info what branches he has served in....DUDE WENT PLUM NUTS..:ranton:..he filled his entire channel comments section with his angry ranting...go check it out...

1. If you started at the beginning and watched his philosophical video's you'd know his father was an Airforce pilot and that he was in the Airforce as well.

2. If you followed his channel for any amount of time or did any investigations you would know that morons around the world try to discredit him constantly. I can completely see where he is coming from if he gets a little defensive about it.

I'd get sick of dealing with it long before he does. He puts a lot of effort, time and money into TNP and it's pretty much a personal attack whenever people just make crap up and start bashing him.

Here's the thing, you're not the first, 10th or thousandth person to ask. All you have to do is review his body of work and you would already know the answer.

The problem with asking though is that it's not really relevent which branch he served in or what unit's he's been assigned to. He's dead to rights the real deal every time he picks up a firearm/hiking pole/knife/backpack and he's put more rounds downrange with more equipment than 99% of the rest of us. He actually uses all kinds of gear in ways that people looking to use the gear might use it. How many of us have the time or resources to do that?

Not many.

Well, I would not say he went nuts, but rather is sick of having rocks thrown at him from folks who do not contribute to the firearm community. I think he said it best that serving in the military does not grant someone magical review abilities, but he he does reviews because that is just who he is and what he likes to do.

Rep headed your way.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i watched a few of his videos a couple years ago. I got sick of his "reviews" because no matter what firearm he was "reviewing" it always ended up being a comparison between a glock. then the glock somehow "wins". how was that a review?

I also got sick of his silly comments "if you can do better then this after 43 takes, by all means do." i could care less how many takes he has to do, but if your doing a gun review, keep it on that and keep them little balloon messages out of it. or atleast on topic.

and some of his made up words... wow.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I like the guy and Tactical Doodle too (his son). I've learned a lot from the guy. Yes, he does compare everything to the glock: "This walking stick rates very well but the Glock is better." Doesn't bother me because I can draw my own conclusions.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I like the guy and Tactical Doodle too (his son). I've learned a lot from the guy. Yes, he does compare everything to the glock: "This walking stick rates very well but the Glock is better." Doesn't bother me because I can draw my own conclusions.

he did have good points about what ever his comparisons were, but if you reviewing then leave the glock out of it!

i love glock and have no issues with them, but if you are doing a taurus or something leave the glock out. really simple. its been a while since i have seen his comparisons but id prefer to keep it that way too.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    At first he drove me nuts with the "dude" thing, but after 10 videos, I got over it.

At least his videos are well lit, have good audio and he speaks proper English. And he doesn't have fat hands and sinus problems like most reviewers on youtube do! ;)

Lastly, I appreciated the fact he has a script for his table top reviews, rather than some ad hoc series of thoughts strung together. (although he can ramble on a point at times)

Do I take what he says as Gospel? No. Does he know more about firearms than I do? Yes. He's predictable, in a good way, and I know what I'm going to get with one of his videos.

"ROCK ON DUDES!" :D

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Whenever a person puts themselves in the lime light for millions to see, they should expect a certain amount of pansy wansy negative criticism. He has been making videos long enough to realize that Youtube is full of trolls and what not.

Yet, he still seems to wear his heart on his shoulder. He does ramble frequently and does makes comparisons to the glock too much, but all in all I watch his vids and am able to gather useful information from them. Nobodys perfect for sure, but he should be able to shrug off the trolls and nay sayers by now.

Last edited:

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    duty_calls.png

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm with henktermaat - Sitcoms are only 20 minutes long, give or take, and I can't sit through one of those completely sometimes. That's my only beef, I've watched less as the videos have gotten longer. The old 10-minute points-of-use videos were pretty good..

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't think he's any better than any other firearm product reviewer on youtube. He has more "um"s and "ahh"s than a freshman level speech class, and most of the time (of the ones I watched before giving up) he'd never even fired the weapon. That and his silly sheet of paper reminding him of his talking points takes away from his presentation as far as I'm concerned.

As for being in the military, I'll agree it's not necessary to know what you are talking about when it comes to guns and gear.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You're talking about him........ he wins ;)
    Exactly! I've watched of few of his videos, and, he's not great, he's not horrible, he's just another guy on the internet doing something that some people may find useful. This isn't the first thread that's been posted here about him, so, he's obviously doing something to get peoples attention.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some of his stuff is good, but I agree with the main criticisms here....one, he can ramble and that can be a real test of my patience. But what kills me is his gun reviews when he hasn't shot the gun. "Well, it's pretty! And it comes from the factory well oiled!" doesn't help me much with purchase decisions :)

Top Bottom