• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    I always like to support my local gun shops. I do a lot of business at Blythes in Griffith. Sometimes a good online sale is tough to beat. In the past I have used Indiana Defensive Firearms and never had an issue. They raised their price to $30 per transfer this year which still isn't bad.

Anyone use someone else in Northeest Indiana for online transfers?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Although I don't often en have much fun money, I have an ffl less than a block away from me. Ed's Work Clothes/Elk Dog Motors in Lake Village. $20 for a transfer.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I called Blythe's and was quoted that the transfer fee started at $35. I asked what started meant, and they said it varied based on the value of the gun because they had to insure the guns that came into their store. That was it for me. I don't deal with any BS like that.

I use Matt @ Front Toward Enemy in DeMotte. Flat $20 fee, and no tax/insurance BS. Best dealer I've dealt with.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Blythe's is still in business?

I use South County. I like to give them the opportunity to shoot me a price as well. If it's even close, I'll give them the money. If the online price cant be beat, they are always happy to handle the transfer with no awkwardness.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Last time I used Blythes in Griffith, they charged me $50 for a transfer. Now I go to South County Gun Co. The only reason I step into Blythes is to see all the overpriced stuff they can't sell and to compared guns before buying some online.

It's amazing how much driving an hour south can drop the prices by like 15% versus NWI.

Last edited:

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    +1 for south county guns, I've done several transfers through them without issues. They even call within hours of receiving a gun to let me know it's in. Haven't done any transfers with Matt at front towards enemy but I have purchased suppressors from him and he's great to work with

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    cedarlakeden.com handle all my online transfers if I am not buying directly from Blythe's or South County. Cost is $30 per transfer

lamboz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    United States
    counterstrike tactical in portage is $20 per transfer, good guy

also south county guns in schererville is $30 for first gun, $10 for second if you order more than one at once

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Gauntlet Gun Shop in Kouts charges $20. I have not used them. I did use another guy in the same building, Cross Saber Custom Gunsmithing, but he stopped doing transfers.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I always like to support my local gun shops. I do a lot of business at Blythes in Griffith. Sometimes a good online sale is tough to beat. In the past I have used Indiana Defensive Firearms and never had an issue. They raised their price to $30 per transfer this year which still isn't bad.

Anyone use someone else in Northeest Indiana for online transfers?

South County Guns is nearly across the street from Indiana Defensive Firearms. South County charges $30 also, but if you have multiples they only charge $10 for each additional.

Also, I thought Indiana Defensive Firearms went from $20 to $25 this year. I still will use South County for the extra $5.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    South County Guns is nearly across the street from Indiana Defensive Firearms. South County charges $30 also, but if you have multiples they only charge $10 for each additional.

Also, I thought Indiana Defensive Firearms went from $20 to $25 this year. I still will use South County for the extra $5.

You might be right on this Snapdragon. I know they raised their price this year, and it used to be $20. One of my reasons for the thread is to hear about any FFL's further north in the county. I live in Hammond, but work in Schererville.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom