Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    20150208_080700_zpsm5e6e5yv.jpg

Just tossed these bad boys in the oven. Bacon-spinach-mozzarella-egg "muffins." Looking really good. For GB/snap and the other low carb folks....these are net 3-5 carbs per muffin, probably 250 calories each.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    20150208_080700_zpsm5e6e5yv.jpg

Just tossed these bad boys in the oven. Bacon-spinach-mozzarella-egg "muffins." Looking really good. For GB/snap and the other low carb folks....these are net 3-5 carbs per muffin, probably 250 calories each.

Yummers. Will def have to try these. They have to cook at pretty high heat to cook the bacon, don't they?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    When I made mine I did 350 I think, can't remember for sure. I did bacon, sausage, cheese, and whisked eggs. I'll see if I can find mine, they turned out awesome.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Wow, you anti union guys sound like you want a race to the bottom. Would you really want someone with 8 weeks of training to build you a new home? Carpenters, electricians, plumbers, ect? Or better yet, let them assemble and repair your car that transports your wife and kids? Or maybe build and repair commercial aircraft? Sounds like a GREAT idea to me. SHM...

Proud Member of IAM&AW Mechanics Local 701

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I don't have any problems with a union or a non union... I got a problem with paying more for fuel than what it should be costing all along... 1.60 a gallon is what it should be at and it hasn't been there for years....

Off to video day 3 of Live Free's survival medicine course.... DVD coming soon.....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I don't think you can call anything that can be learned in 8 weeks skilled labor. Just means you can take anyone off the street, put them in an 8 week class. It isn't like it takes 3 years of training. I will say it may be semi skilled labor, but skilled labor, not in 8 weeks. once you hit journeyman, then it can be called skilled labor, but until then, sounds entry level to me. So if negotiations do break down, sounds like you could replace them in about 8 weeks, less if you train them right.

I guess you must of skipped over the duties involved. Till you become a journeyman its 8 weeks schooling and on the job training and even after that you still are learning. In our Dept you never know what you may see you have to be able to problem solve and that takes skill especially when your the one which will decide how long that train carrying your precious goods sits on the main. So yes it is in fact skilled labor. If you have a problem with unions take it up with the leadership not the rank and file. We work just as hard if not harder than in the past because its a sour economy and we were lucky to snag a job that pays extremely well for our families to be taken care of. The leadership has mostly leaned demo till these past elections. To me sounds like you want all us union guys to give up our pay and struggle like you. Sorry buddy if your jealous of the pay and benefits or couldn't pass a test to move up that's your problem not mine. We need manufacturing jobs in this country and the skilled labor. To bad the demos are against it since we could pump so much oil out and export to the world. This not unions is why our gas prices are going back up. Middle class jobs are union jobs.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I've seen this from both sides many times as I do both union and private work. Bash away brotherhood... I've worked with the best AND worst of private crews and the best AND worst of union crews. Just because you are union does not mean you do superior work. Just because you are non-union does not mean you don't have the proper training. This is where the dig comes in from the other side - the unions implying they do **** work.
    Oh, and this 8 weeks of training stuff - you guys on both sides make me laugh with the comments.
    Sometimes the unions are good - even great for the workers and other times the unions do more harm by inflating costs so high that in the end those workers jobs are lost forever. IBEW almost single handedly put McCormick Place out of business depending on who you talk to.

At the beginning of the call, I just hope I am on a good crew - either way. Nothing makes the day longer than working with morons.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've seen this from both sides many times as I do both union and private work. Bash away brotherhood... I've worked with the best AND worst of private crews and the best AND worst of union crews. Just because you are union does not mean you do superior work. Just because you are non-union does not mean you don't have the proper training. This is where the dig comes in from the other side - the unions implying they do **** work.
    Oh, and this 8 weeks of training stuff - you guys on both sides make me laugh with the comments.
    Sometimes the unions are good - even great for the workers and other times the unions do more harm by inflating costs so high that in the end those workers jobs are lost forever. IBEW almost single handedly put McCormick Place out of business depending on who you talk to.

At the beginning of the call, I just hope I am on a good crew - either way. Nothing makes the day longer than working with morons.

I was explaining my craft and how even after the 8 weeks of formal schooling the learning is never done. I guess people need to go back and reread. I'm proud to be union and glad to be making the wages i make it allows my wife to stay at home and work on her small business. Its put a roof over our heads, allowed us to buy toys and have fun. We are not struggling and can't see the demoralization of unions this isn't the 1930's anymore. The unions that are on the news majority for bad publicity are the ones everybody thinks the rest are like.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yummers. Will def have to try these. They have to cook at pretty high heat to cook the bacon, don't they?

I cooked the bacon first but left it floppy, then greased the cupcake sheet and wrapped the bacon from the bottom around the sides to create the cup. Put some fresh spinach in the bottom, cracked an egg on top, then topped with cheese. Cooked at 350 for about 12 minutes.

Next time I want to put a little cream cheese between the egg and spinach to make it a little creamier. It was delicious this way, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom