• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Also wanting to hit the range soon. Today my tirant 9 will be delivered to blythes (copper customs actually) and they will let me "play" with it at their range. Next week my gf and I are planning on going but not sure what day yet. Tonight after work I plan on finishing up the last of my 300blk build if I get up the confidence to dimple my barrel for the set screw gas block. Should have gone with clamp on. Then will need to hit jp to tune her in. I am so done with this weather

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Never had a real problem firing a union worker either. If you really deserved it you were gone. Good workers often helped get rid of slackers, drug abusers, etc.

And if unions were better than me, then why did the union at my shop decertify and send the teamster thugs packing?

I never implied that union workers were bullet proof. A collective bargaining agreement works for both sides. But, it does protect wages (and other things) for the term of the agreement.

As for your specific shop, I wouldn't have the slightest clue, not knowing any of the details.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Never had a real problem firing a union worker either. If you really deserved it you were gone. Good workers often helped get rid of slackers, drug abusers, etc.

And if unions were better than me, then why did the union at my shop decertify and send the teamster thugs packing?

Yes, a union worker can be fired.
    If the mill follows the procedure.

We have had junior management try to fire good workers for not washing their car.
    How does that help the company?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Actaeon, You went to the range and didn't invite us....

Where is breakfast this morning ? With a waking 58 blood sugar I'm thinking on eating some carbs...

Sadclown I hope Kingsman is better than Lucy as I finally got to see that last night and am very happy I didn't spend the money to see it at the theater...

Kingsman is so good, Liz and I are already planning on seeing it again.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I never implied that union workers were bullet proof. A collective bargaining agreement works for both sides. But, it does protect wages (and other things) for the term of the agreement.
    Yes, I agree it does protect wages at an artificially low rate.

Teamsters prevented us from giving bonuses to good workers who were productive. Teamsters prevented us from giving incentives to employees who had extra skills. They do a great job of lowering the standards so everyone lives at the artificially lower wage.

I have no problem with a private sector employee who wants to join a union. I have a huge problem with a union telling an employee he/she MUST join them. People should be allowed free association, it's actually in our Constitution.

Yes, a union worker can be fired.
    If the mill follows the procedure.

We have had junior management try to fire good workers for not washing their car.
    How does that help the company?
    i would have fired a manager who tried to do that crap. My managers were there to help increase productivity and safety, not to decrease it.

Kingsman is so good, Liz and I are already planning on seeing it again.

Looking forward to seeing this one too.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I never got the concept of working for someone that doesn't take care of their own employees. I mean if the company is that bad towards their employees then rather than getting a union to force them into submission why don't you just work somewhere else. If enough people don't want to be treated a certain way then the business will either have to move where the employees will put up with the unfair treatment or go out of business... Forcing the employer to follow someone elses guidelines to run their business is just as bad as working for someone that you can't stand. It's their business and your labor...

Did I tell you guys it is freaking cold..... it is.... I'm not going on top of any water towers today.... Nope....

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    In other news the TN has been acting up since yesterday. It's not fun, extreme weather changes seems to make it flare.

But, now I shall make some vittles, this shall suffice.

71d4a2a168fd27ae4f06f7f71b1535da.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Blythe's has a couple hundred boxes of XM855 PMC XTAC 62gr green tip 5.56mm ammo available for $12.99 a box if anyone is looking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom