• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Bob, was going to post this to your FB wall, but it looks like you disabled posting there.

From the Chuck Cowdery Blog (excerpt)
    Because all of the assets of Michter's were abandoned, that included the name and its use as a trademark. The name sat untouched for several years after the demise, when anyone could have claimed it for not much more than the modest registration fee.

Eventually a New York liquor importer and producer called Chatham Imports recognized the value, and claimed and registered the name. They acquired some whiskey from one or more Kentucky distilleries and revived the Michter's brand name with some success. Operating as Michter's, they have built a new whiskey production facility in Shively, a suburb of Louisville. They have been bottling there for about a year and will begin to distill whiskey from scratch this year. The distillery equipment is installed and in the process of being broken-in. [emphasis added]

It is safe to say that Chatham has done better with the Michter's name than Michter's ever did.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm convinced no one runs out of Carmex, they just simply lose the container and have to buy another. The struggle is real here!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ho Ho Ho.....

Scored a 686 -1 2.5 inch without the Hillary hole today.... well got to put it on lay-away anyways....

Now if I could get rid of this shoulder and arm pain and the migraine headache I would be a happy camper....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Snap, I'm calling this one a rescue, this smith has seen some use but I think after a good cleaning she will be picture posing ready.... and launching lead down range once more...

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I have some ammo, that i have no need for anymore. I figure ill ask here before I post on classifieds.

I have 31 rounds of PPU Thunder 8MM Mauser 185 gr. soft points. 25 dollars

50 NSI Target shot shells in 20 gauge 2 3/4" 10 dollars

125 rounds of 5.45x39 surplus steel cased ammo. 30 dollars

25 Estate 16 gauge 2 1/2". 5 dollars

I am located in Portage.

nB7PVmBl.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I seen they jumped .20 cents a gallon already... someone sneezed I'm sure of it...

Did anyone else see that announcement by Tesla that they are getting ready to release their whole house powercell... betting it will work well in the south west but not here in the frozen tundra...

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    You gonna get the Timney trigger?

That's my main beef with the Tavor. For a gun at that price point, the trigger doesn't have to be perfect, but certainly shouldn't be the disaster it is.

Ive got the Timney in mine. Much better now. Still, not as good as the triggers that came in my Larue rifles, but a lot better than stock. You guys are more than welcome to try it out.

Last edited:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I seen they jumped .20 cents a gallon already... someone sneezed I'm sure of it...

Did anyone else see that announcement by Tesla that they are getting ready to release their whole house powercell... betting it will work well in the south west but not here in the frozen tundra...

I think the hydrogen drive systems with the removable cell that can power your house show some promise. That is, if the supply chain issues involved with getting hydrogen fuel to consumers can be worked out in a timely manner.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I had my first visit to Westforths today. Those bastards got me for a STI Spartan V 1911 in 9mm. Actually Alex was very good to me on a trade, and I didn't mind giving up my Trijicon 3-9 since i have nothing to put it on. This is my third venture into a 9mm 1911. Hopefully this one will stick. I have such a love/hate relationship with the 1911. I love the feel and how it shoots, I hate the weight and the capacity.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I had my first visit to Westforths today. Those bastards got me for a STI Spartan V 1911 in 9mm. Actually Alex was very good to me on a trade, and I didn't mind giving up my Trijicon 3-9 since i have nothing to put it on. This is my third venture into a 9mm 1911. Hopefully this one will stick. I have such a love/hate relationship with the 1911. I love the feel and how it shoots, I hate the weight and the capacity.

I still need to stop in. They always have the lowest prices in the area online.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom