• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Results arrived this afternoon for our fencing team.

Can't scream this loud enough but I am THRILLED that my girls saber team managed to come in 5th Place in our Great Lakes H.S. Fencing Conference.

5th may not sound like an achievement, but I'm so damn proud of these girls for so many reasons and this is a real accomplishment.

• The GLHSFC is a 3 state conference (Indiana, Illinois & Wisconsin)
    • This is only the 2nd year our team has been a member of the conference (3rd full year as a team).
    • We only have 5 girls on the team & 3 are freshman, 1 sophomore & 1 junior.
    • Overall our team is one of the smallest and clearly among the youngest.
    • I'm the only unpaid/volunteer saber coach in the conference.
    • I have less fencing experience than other coaches in the conference.

My Junior leads the team in scoring, followed very closely by my sophomore. One of my freshmen started weak and then really took off strong during the 2nd half of the season. One of my other freshman is just fearless and while she doesn't win a lot she scores a lot of touches because she is unafraid to get into battles with even the most experienced competitors. My final freshman is still finding her way in the sport but when I prompt her she does OK, even to the point of running one of her competitors off the back of the fencing strip and into the scoring table at a recent meet :laugh:

I can't wait until next year.

My girls KICK ASS :rockwoot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Can't scream this loud enough but I am THRILLED that my girls saber team managed to come in 5th Place in our Great Lakes H.S. Fencing Conference.

5th may not sound like an achievement, but I'm so damn proud of these girls for so many reasons and this is a real accomplishment.

• This is only the 2nd year our team has been a member of the conference (3rd full year as a team).

My Junior leads the team in scoring, followed very closely by my sophomore. One of my freshmen started weak and then really took off strong during the 2nd half of the season. One of my other freshman is just fearless and while she doesn't win a lot she scores a lot of touches because she is unafraid to get into battles with even the most experienced competitors. My final freshman is still finding her way in the sport but when I prompt her she does OK, even to the point of running one of her competitors off the back of the fencing strip and into the scoring table at a recent meet :laugh:

:woot:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

:rockwoot:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm not in the special class yet to own a full auto so this one is in semi auto but she is pretty cool. Eats ammo faster than my business can provide cash for bullets and still not in full auto... Ths is one of JMB's awesome designs, they should have kept it in service, although the big brother isn't anything to be upset about...

I should have her out to a meet & shoot this summer if you want to give her a try....

That sounds good! I have shot an acquaintece's 1919 that was not set up with the stock and bipod. It ws the tripod mounted model (MMG version?). I think it was Israeli surplus that was re-chambered for 7.62 NATO as opposed to the .30'06.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Gongrats! Given that the Saber is/was primarily a cavalry weapon, do the ladies fight mounted and where do they keep theri horses? :)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hawkeye, The configuration of the 1919 is stated with the addition of the A4 or A6 on the end of the name. Mine in the configuration with the stock/handle and bipod is considered a 1919A6 as the ones tripod mounted without the stock would be a 1919A4. There is also a A3 which has a electrically fired trigger which I guess isn't allowed as a semi auto version. The 1919 comes in 308,30.06, and 8mm with the change of a couple parts. It can be done in the field. Now there are some conversion kits out there with a little more entailed which convert it to fire 22LR, 762x54R, and 762x39. Mine is in 308 right now but I found a new 30.06 barrel which should be on it's way soon... Thi thing is a blast to shoot for sure....

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Hawkeye, The configuration of the 1919 is stated with the addition of the A4 or A6 on the end of the name. Mine in the configuration with the stock/handle and bipod is considered a 1919A6 as the ones tripod mounted without the stock would be a 1919A4. There is also a A3 which has a electrically fired trigger which I guess isn't allowed as a semi auto version. The 1919 comes in 308,30.06, and 8mm with the change of a couple parts. It can be done in the field. Now there are some conversion kits out there with a little more entailed which convert it to fire 22LR, 762x54R, and 762x39. Mine is in 308 right now but I found a new 30.06 barrel which should be on it's way soon... Thi thing is a blast to shoot for sure....
    I live a mile away from the guy and he never invites me out to have fun. :(

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BillB, I had to do computer work to get on that property this last sunday. Once the weather clears though I'll have to get out with you with the 1919 and you can probably show me a thing or two about these awesome bullet eaters...

Got another can belted last night.... First reloading the ammo and then loading it in belts is getting a bit time consuming... but playing on the line is all out cool.... Therese has already made it clear that she needs time with the Browning also....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If anyone looking for 50cal. and 30cal. ammo cans Hobart/Merrillville Costco has about 10 left. There a package deal for $19.99. Not the greatest deal but they are in excellent shape and seal up really tight.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooooo thought I was going to refill my ammo can with that ok priced 308 stuff at Walmart today..... Wrong none left....

I feel like it's last year again already...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom