• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    This weather is really kicking my rear end... I'm looking at some auto reloaders as full length re-sizing 308 brass is a workout for my nueropothy...

Thinking camdex baby...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, some jerk wrecked my furnace.
    First day of work this week, our temps were mid 2700s and the night was smooth as it gets.
    12 hours later we were fighting to keep the temps above 2400, lowest being 2330.
    12 hours after that, I walk in to a wrecked furnace and 34 tuyeres full of material.
    Cleared out 24 of them last night and they're supposed to try and fire up today.

FML.

Yup. And screwed up things down the line. Postponed tundish box changes. Running minimum speeds. Yuch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, some jerk wrecked my furnace.
    First day of work this week, our temps were mid 2700s and the night was smooth as it gets.
    12 hours later we were fighting to keep the temps above 2400, lowest being 2330.
    12 hours after that, I walk in to a wrecked furnace and 34 tuyeres full of material.
    Cleared out 24 of them last night and they're supposed to try and fire up today.

FML.

Crap. Someone on 14 got electrical arc flash. Transported to Illinois for treatment.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Crap. Someone on 14 got electrical arc flash. Transported to Illinois for treatment.

Not JUST, but yeah earlier.
    Rumor has it he was drilling on a box that was still hot. Got hit with the high voltage low amperage for the skip car motors. Far as I know he's stable, thank god.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I would say the weather is going to stay cool as the blood sugars are screwed and everything hurts.

Snap, they make makeup to cover those tats and my brother knows a guy that does a laser treatment to get rid of them if you need. He had both sleeves, his back and chest lasered, although he has most of it all covered again...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I was thinking. We have 595 for the youth shoot shirts and the cost should be around 275-300. How would the NWI section feel about doing a gun raffle to raise money for next years shoot with the left over and what ever is left after the gun purchase we put towards boards for Winamac?

I figure if we could get 200 tickets at 5 or 10 a piece we could raise 1-2k. We would also be able to use the FB family day to promote the raffle as a way for those families who attend to receive something special that their kids have shot already and are familiar with. Obviously it would more than likely be a plain jane 10/22 but this is what most of the kids will be shooting or have shot in years past.

When pulling for the winner if we decide to go this route I would like to have 3 witnesses to see the winning ticket. It would also be open to In residents only at this time. I'm not sure how we would purchase the rifle. Something for our resident lawyer to explain or those of you who have run a gun raffle before.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    So I was thinking. We have 595 for the youth shoot shirts and the cost should be around 275-300. How would the NWI section feel about doing a gun raffle to raise money for next years shoot with the left over and what ever is left after the gun purchase we put towards boards for Winamac?

I figure if we could get 200 tickets at 5 or 10 a piece we could raise 1-2k. We would also be able to use the FB family day to promote the raffle as a way for those families who attend to receive something special that their kids have shot already and are familiar with. Obviously it would more than likely be a plain jane 10/22 but this is what most of the kids will be shooting or have shot in years past.

When pulling for the winner if we decide to go this route I would like to have 3 witnesses to see the winning ticket. It would also be open to In residents only at this time. I'm not sure how we would purchase the rifle. Something for our resident lawyer to explain or those of you who have run a gun raffle before.

Make the prize a Henry Goldenboy in .22lr or .22mag and I'll take 5 tickets please!

Usually just a gift certificate to the LGS is the best way to go when raffling firearms...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

My opinion is that because we are not a charity having a raffle opens up a legal can of worms that we can ill afford. If it goes forward, what I have seen done is the winner is presented with a certificate from a lgs for the winning gun. The winner then has to go to the shop and do the 4473.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1775, Raffles are covered under State Gambling regulations and there is a license requirement to hold one even if you are a properly setup 501C3 which we aren't.... Just my .02 cents worth...

Live Free had to do this in order to have the raffle we did at last septembers Prepper show in Schererville.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    1775, Raffles are covered under State Gambling regulations and there is a license requirement to hold one even if you are a properly setup 501C3 which we aren't.... Just my .02 cents worth...

Live Free had to do this in order to have the raffle we did at last septembers Prepper show in Schererville.
    So gunbunnies is already versed in the .gov bureaucracy of raffles. I think he just offered to set it up for you 1775.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well it's two part, you have to be a Corporate entity that is allowed to have raffles. A 501c3 is the best one to do that. Now I could talk to Live Free and see if they would want to get involved with us on the Youth Shoot and therefore they could use their license to do a raffle, getting around the whole 501c3 thing for us if you like...

Live Free USA has been around for 50 years as a Survival or Prepper Organization and offers free training to the public as it's organizations foundation in self sufficient or off grid living and emergency skill sets for when there isn't a .gov supplied ambulance or Police Officer there to help you.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I mean if we don't have any interest in this then why bother. I'll wait till I get the shirts made and start a poll and if we as a group decide then we will get working on it.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Good news folks. I just got a promotion at my job. A bump in pay and a nice cushy chair are in order for me.

That being said, my supervisor is looking to fill my old position. The job is transporting supplies for a hospital and it's affiliate doctors offices (Think boxes of paper and non-narco pharmaceuticals). Based in merrilleville, area of operation is from the state line to Hobart and Gary to Hebron. It's part time, but I've worked full time hours since I started. M-F, 9-5. Amazing benefits and vacation time.

PM if anyone is interested

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom