• Status
    Not open for further replies.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    I bought my 16S FDE in February of 15 and all Blythe's had to do was get it shipped to them. I talked to Blythe's and Copper Custom. They said the 17's in black have been gone for 4/5 months and it's been almost a year since they've come across the FDE 17. Go figure I want the FDE 17 to match it's little brother. I guess I'll see what I wait longer on. The scar 17 or a Glock 19 MOS

I was in the same boat I wanted an FDE 17 to match the 16, but couldn't find one. So I got an LWRC REPR instead.:dunno:

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Yes I have, stood many a long night on watch with one strapped to my leg, while I was in the Navy. The whole nostalgia thing was getting to me, so I started looking at them. Just to have one in the safe.

Then a buddy of mine from the Navy starts telling me about the Wilson Combat ones, one thing led to another, and after I promised myself no new guns until next year. I ordered one!

Sometimes you just have to listen to the voices... Admittedly though, I'm biased. I like the look and feel of the Baretta family. Never actually held a glock, I just enjoy being contrary to the masses who all get in line to drool over them.

Don't just put it in the safe though. Shoot that thing!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Settle down folks. Didn't mean to start a quarrel.

Waited to respond so I could check the links and talk to a couple medical friends (medical doctor and ER nurse) and make sure I didn't miss something in paramedic school.

Snap, sorry but most of what you said/linked involves the introduction of cold water to a normothermic body or is being discussed within the framework of digestion. The situation I mentioned involves hyperthermic individuals in an environment with no shade, high heat, and high humidity. There was almost no environmental cooling effect to work with our natural cooling process. There is some debate about absorption rates while consuming cold water when a person is hyperthermic. I found several articles by doctors that state ... cold water is more readily absorbed. I don't think I found one by a medical doctor that said otherwise. As to heating/cooling, I think Acteaon already addressed (correctly) the heat flow issue ... you want the cold water to "rob" energy from the body. That is the point ... bring the core temp down. If the person was sitting all day in air conditioning, then yes, the body would use energy to maintain normal body temp but in my case, we're starting with a hyperthermic individual.

My medical friends agree that each case is evaluated individually but there are even times when a cold saline lavage is in order.

As stated already, do what works for you. For us, a cold drink works best. Oh yes, to be clear ... even though my camelbak was packed with ice and filled with water. The water reaching my mouth was rarely ice cold anyway after traveling through the tube (sitting in the sun). Ice was long gone by mid afternoon and water was room temp by end of day.

Yeah, whatever works. I learned from a lot of landscapers and craft show veterans about avoiding drinks that were too cold, and it was what has always worked for me. I stick with anywhere from room temperature to cool, but not icy cold, and I seem to do a lot better.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Sometimes you just have to listen to the voices... Admittedly though, I'm biased. I like the look and feel of the Baretta family. Never actually held a glock, I just enjoy being contrary to the masses who all get in line to drool over them.

Don't just put it in the safe though. Shoot that thing!

I always liked the looks and the feel of the 92. I'm not a Glock fan boy, but I do like them,and understand not everyone else does. To each their own, but to be honest the m&p guys are getting worse than the Glock guys.

i don't think we have met, but trust me none of my guns are safe queens.:ar15:

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Ohhhhh don't tell me that lol. I've been holding out for this long. I just gotta keep the faith that someone will get one in their shop so I can snag it

Keep your eye on the prize, and stay the course:D. When I was looking for my bushmaster ba 50, I lost hope a couple times. Then a brand new one fell in my lap, figuratively.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I always liked the looks and the feel of the 92. I'm not a Glock fan boy, but I do like them,and understand not everyone else does. To each their own, but to be honest the m&p guys are getting worse than the Glock guys.

i don't think we have met, but trust me none of my guns are safe queens.:ar15:

Uh oh, I do have an M&P :@ya:.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This also might be old news, but NRA is offering dues roll back and you can snag a lifetime membership for $500 through July 31st. They are normally $1500 now

They need to pro-rate the lifetime rate for us older folks. Even at the $500 for a lifetime, I might as well keep paying the $25 a year. Most years you can get a gift card to Cabela's or Sportsman's Guide that covers the cost of the membership.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Jasper County
    They need to pro-rate the lifetime rate for us older folks. Even at the $500 for a lifetime, I might as well keep paying the $25 a year. Most years you can get a gift card to Cabela's or Sportsman's Guide that covers the cost of the membership.

I went and upgraded to the lifetime. I figure at 27, it'll save me some money so I have cash to really support the 2nd amendment by buying guns and ammo

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought that would make you feel good.

I just got my lifetime on the payment plan. Just because.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom