Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm so damn tired.

The new puppy is trying to kill me. Lack of sleep dominates what little life I now have.

Let the packing begin. Accepted an offer on our house and already had a contingent offer on another. We are closing June 27th. So who's helping?

Tell you what, I'll help, but I'm going to fill up a van with assorted living room and bedroom furniture and drive it to my daughter's apartment in Bloomington so that I can get out of having to go furniture shopping with her to outfit the apartment. You can file an insurance claim and tell Jackie that you never met me before, don't know who that "moving guy" was, and get her some new furniture for your new house.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Woke up at 1:11am. I guess that means its 'today' now. Damn. Snuck out of bed without waking up the puppy. Ate some strawberries and am now sitting quietly in the living room reading internet news stories about the multiple coordinated terror attacks in London.

If anything is good about the terror attacks recently its that they seem to be getting less and less effective at actually killing people. While they are clearly becoming lower tech, at least in many areas, the death toll is typically fairly low. Maybe the Twin Towers, Pentagon and Flight 93 attacks on Sept 11 set a high standard? In any case the "new" death toll number seems to be under 25 people, injuries seem to average below 100 and often below 50.

So here I sit reading news about a tragedy and thinking 'wow this is great, not many dead or injured' and wondering WTF is going on in this world. The radical Muslims are nothing like the peaceful Muslims that I know. But should I now distrust the peaceful Muslim? Honestly I don't think so. These are friends and relatives that I know and love. I'm certainly glad that Christians are not going around and terrorizing parts of the world. At the same time, every time there is some sort of attack in the world the first thing I think is [strike]radical[/strike] Muslims.

I need a drink. This life sucks. What happened to the nostalgic years of the the peaceful childhood of the 1960's and 1970's? Do I not remember the bad **** that happened then? Am I just ignorant. After all there was Vietnam. The killing fields in Cambodia. The Cold War with the USSR/CCCP. The Symbianese Liberation Army. The Bader Meinhof Gang. The attacks/massacre in Munich at the Olympics in '72. The Irish National Liberation Army.

And since Al Gore's internet didn't exist back in my innocent childhood, what else did I miss?

Yup, its now pushing 2:00am and I'm in need of a drink to put me back to sleep. But seriously WTF is going on in this world? Is it different now that we have Muslim terrorism? Or is it the same but we just have a new villain to blame?

Is that thunder I hear outside? All I know is that if any time was a good time to have a drink its now. I need to go to sleep. But its already today and I'm awake. It must be 5 O'clock somewhere?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When we were younger, you saw the 5 o'clock news or the 10 o'clock news and/or read the paper. That was the only time you really heard about the bad stuff. It was pretty easy to escape the news if you wanted to.

Contrast that to now: with the 24 hour news channels, the networks breaking into regular programming constantly with updates and breaking news, news feeds from the internet pointing at the plethora of websites trying to get you to click on them, etc. It is very hard to escape the news today.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You still can break the news if you are not plugged in.
    Try it and you will find a beautiful world, minus your boss the smartphone. We are all slaves to that master.

@bob
    The christian/muslium war has been going on for over 2000 years. It will continue long after you, your grandkids, and your great, great grandkids are old and dead.

There is no way for either side to win as you can not extinguish an idea/belief.
    The christisans are not willing to wipe out every last muslim, man, women, child to do this. The musliuma might try but so long as a human exisit and knows about christian/jewsish teachings it is not possible to win.

The only way i can see it is if a muslim took his
    Group into space and then blew up earth

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I went to church with my parents today. The homily was about the Coptic Christian family from the next town over (Tinley Park) that were slaughtered on their tour bus in Egypt. It was infuriating.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I went to church with my parents today. The homily was about the Coptic Christian family from the next town over (Tinley Park) that were slaughtered on their tour bus in Egypt. It was infuriating.

Why infuriating?
    Did you expect the priest to ask for volunteers for the crusade?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    Ah the old forgive them message.
    I dont have the article anymore. It was in the nra 2nd amendment magazine years ago. It was an article on the bible and how jesus/god was ok with self defense and fighting to live vs just the forgive them route.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom