• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooooo I'm really loving this Tavor... and the new trigger is pretty cool too...

hhhmmmmmmm no one bothered me about my sidearm today.... so......

Now that the trigger is fixed I'll have to get a collection of loads to try through her...

tavorar5327.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Good point on Point Blank, I hadn't thought of it when I'd been there. Granted the system is brand new so give it time, hahaha. Prices were a little high there, so I'd hit Blythes or Cabela's first.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is not much, but you get 5% off ammo if you are All Access(1/2 price since you are a veteran $29.99 a month).

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Overall pricing isn't all that bad at PB if your comparing apples to apples on items. Now the rock bottom 9mm ammo pricing that is currently showing up at Cabelas hasn't showed up at PB or Walmart yet, 9 bucks for brass cased 9mm has me letting the dust settle on my 9mm re-loader and concentrating on 38's...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I need to hit Cabella's. The problem is I have to buy 9MM at PB because I run it through their (free) rentals.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    well that is the cost of shooting someone elses guns... lol...

if your shooting rentals over there try out that little pmr 30, it is a blast... I wish I would have picked one up when they had two of them in the case a couple weeks ago. Cabelas has one used now for 430.00 which is high as PB had them new for 399.00 and I see them pop up for 349.00 from internet dealers...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I watched three videos when they first came out and I was turned off. All three had malfunctions on the first or second magazine. Hickock and one produced with Kahr both accidentally dropped the mag and had jam ups. I do not remember what happened in the third one.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I watched three videos when they first came out and I was turned off. All three had malfunctions on the first or second magazine. Hickock and one produced with Kahr both accidentally dropped the mag and had jam ups. I do not remember what happened in the third one.
    That sucks on a range gun like that. But at least it saved you down the line. I've thought about getting the military membership, but still thinking on it. Have a lot of other things first on my list before that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That sucks on a range gun like that. But at least it saved you down the line. I've thought about getting the military membership, but still thinking on it. Have a lot of other things first on my list before that.

Like getting a LTCH? Or are you waiting for them to vote this away?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I've shot the one they have at PB a couple times now and I shot three other people I knows PMR30's and they haven't had any of the issues I have read about on the internet. Not sure if Im just really lucky or the guys with the issues are just really not lucky... I'll probably get one once I get my Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor paid off and scoped...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How are you feeling today, Act? How did work go?

Work went surprisingly well.
    I didn't keel over.
    The heavy work I thought I was going to get stuck with, was done.
    So, I had to calibrate CO detectors that were a week overdue.

Haven't stood enough today to see if I'm still dizzy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom