• Status
    Not open for further replies.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Looking for suggestions for a appliance shop in the area other than Best Buy and home improvement stores. Anybody know of an outlet or scratch and dent place in the area? Looks like I need a new gas dryer.

One of my co-workers used this place to buy a clothes washer. Just a basic non hi-efficiency washer. I think she said it was $100, totally refurbished.

https://affordableappliancesandparts.com/

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Hello all. Finally back after a long hiatus.
    Does anyone happen to know if any non fudd ranges?
    I need to be able to rapid fire and work from concealment, and I'm finding the region lacking.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Nason's in Crown Point is not an outlet, but it's a mom and pop that has competitive prices. They sometimes have scratch and dent items. They're on Summit St near Buddy and Pal's.

That being said, Lowe's had a really great appliance sale running that was supposed to end yesterday (Weds) but it's still up on their website as of 5am Thursday. https://www.lowes.com/c/Appliances We picked up an upright freezer for really cheap.

One of my co-workers used this place to buy a clothes washer. Just a basic non hi-efficiency washer. I think she said it was $100, totally refurbished.

https://affordableappliancesandparts.com/

Thanks guys.:yesway:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I need to be able to rapid fire and work from concealment, and I'm finding the region lacking.
    I am unaware of any ranges that let you draw and rapid fire. Sad. Granted, I think there are membership ranges, and personal ranges around if you can get in on that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

There is a chance that Isaac Walton Griffith would be one to check out. If you and another member were switching safety back and forth, I could see it working. It is not something I would be comfortable with with just one person, for first aid sake.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    So I checked out their website and the rules say no rapid fire.
    I guess I have to rely on the kindness of strangers with private ranges.
    Anyone looking to adopt an orphan? I clean up my messes and
    I dont take up a lot of space.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Much needed pressure washing completed. Lots of outside and garage chores complete. Met the new neighbor. He works for NIPSCO and got to hook up his gas and electric while getting paid for it. We both probably would have been done sooner if chat breaks quit happening.

Kid has has his allergy appointment to confirm he's allergic to cats and dogs...and about everything under the sun. He seems to be most allergic to trees (I'm guessing the pollen), so the woods in the back...ya :rolleyes: As of now, the kid better grow up and get a desk job. We'll see in about a year and a half if anything changes or he can get a once a year shot.

Massage tomorrow, trip to pick up a transfer, then on to Pierogi Fest!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Much needed pressure washing completed. Lots of outside and garage chores complete. Met the new neighbor. He works for NIPSCO and got to hook up his gas and electric while getting paid for it. We both probably would have been done sooner if chat breaks quit happening.

Kid has has his allergy appointment to confirm he's allergic to cats and dogs...and about everything under the sun. He seems to be most allergic to trees (I'm guessing the pollen), so the woods in the back...ya :rolleyes: As of now, the kid better grow up and get a desk job. We'll see in about a year and a half if anything changes or he can get a once a year shot.

So I heard you will have my grand daughter in your class this year.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    well he is a snob so does that rule him out. :)
    never heard of that place however.
    how much was the range fee?

Guntown is closed and is now for sale. I just did a search to see if anyone had posted anything to the forum regarding the closure, and this thread popped up. Ross decided it was time to retire so now it is just sitting there empty. :(

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hoping for a nice weekend. Thankfully, at work we SHOULD be done moving at the end of the month. We'll see, but I'm really over moving. Twice this year with huge moves. Although I have learned a lot about moving furniture

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Guntown is closed and is now for sale. I just did a search to see if anyone had posted anything to the forum regarding the closure, and this thread popped up. Ross decided it was time to retire so now it is just sitting there empty. :(

I think my brother said that Top Shot Armory bought the inventory

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

Some good friends of ours have a daughter that is allergic to EVERYTHING. They started doing the shots a year or so ago and the results are AMAZING. I would seriously consider it if I had a kid with allergies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think my brother said that Top Shot Armory bought the inventory

I knew it was for sale a while back. When Taurus sent my replacement pistol from the class action deal/settlement, it was shipped to the guy that was in Knox at Ed's Auto Parts. He had mentioned that Ross had it for sale and had asked if he was interested in buying the business and/or inventory. Guntown closed on a Wednesday and a few days later when I was on my way to work, I noticed a vehicle with an enclosed trailer backed up in front of the building so I figured things were being moved out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom