NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm betting is was a normal phone number it said was calling you too. I've gotten that same call a number of times. I let Google screen the calls for me. Wastes a little of their time without me having to actually talk to the idiots.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I currently have the block on my phone turned off, because with my knee surgery I have a lot of people and companies calling that I do not have saved.

It draws in breath quickly.

Cut out my aspirin and naproxen on Sunday, just wore off completely today. I feel like I've been beat with a baseball bat. I did not think it was working anymore, because I still had a lot of pain.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I currently have the block on my phone turned off, because with my knee surgery I have a lot of people and companies calling that I do not have saved.

Cut out my aspirin and naproxen on Sunday, just wore off completely today. I feel like I've been beat with a baseball bat. I did not think it was working anymore, because I still had a lot of pain.
    This isn't a block. Google answers the phone and asks them who it is and what they want. Then shows me a transcript on the phone of what is said.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Made it. Started telework again this week. Good part, I can sleep in. Bad part, all of the files stay in the office so I write notes for things to do when I get back. So, heading in now and trying to get caught back up.
    Also, got quite a bit more that I'm able to do electronically that wasn't prior to this year.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Made it. Started telework again this week. Good part, I can sleep in. Bad part, all of the files stay in the office so I write notes for things to do when I get back. So, heading in now and trying to get caught back up.
    Also, got quite a bit more that I'm able to do electronically that wasn't prior to this year.

Boy, I get the bad part. Notes everywhere!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Taking Daisy to the vet for another recheck on her eye. She's had a corneal ulcer for at least six weeks now. She is sure tired of the cone, and we're all getting a bit weary of drops and ointment in her eye four times a day. Poor baby. I know how painful that is.

[url=https://postimages.org/] [/URL]

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Tom, it is a long process, but it does get better slowly. My wife just had that done, and she was at the M&S. PM me if you have any specific questions. Did you start therapy yet?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Anyone been out to Willow Slough lately? I know they were closed for a while, but looking on the DNR website it doesn't say they're closed anymore.

Just got my permission slip to build my SBR and I wanna shoot it but don't want to drive all the way out to JP if I don't have to.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Anyone been out to Willow Slough lately? I know they were closed for a while, but looking on the DNR website it doesn't say they're closed anymore.

Just got my permission slip to build my SBR and I wanna shoot it but don't want to drive all the way out to JP if I don't have to.

I haven't been out there since they reopened. But it was my go-to place before they closed. Nice facility now, and very secure. You can find their hours of operation and such on the DNR site. Before they closed, it was like $7 per hour, if I recall. I don't know what the setup is now. It was worth the money to me to not have to deal with certain elements that showed up when it was free.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Can you setup steel targets at any of the DNR ranges?

I have a range in my back yard, but only shoot 22 because I don't meet the distance requirements for a range. Parents have a lot more land and I have steel on their property I use with handguns, but I'm wary to shoot a 10" AR there. I would prefer to just go to a proper range so I don't cause problems.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Can you setup steel targets at any of the DNR ranges?

I am pretty sure that is a big no.

The only exception is they have a bunch of these,
    iu

That they set up at our youth shoot at Winamac.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    slough does charge now, not sure of pricing but it's less than indoor for sure. no steel either. heck, join the izaak walton in shelby, we're members there, it's typically real quiet, there are 5 lanes for shooting and steel plate at 4 of them. only down side is longest range is 100yds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom