NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Some of you may recall that I used to coach a young Russian girl named Dasha who is a Saber fencer. She traveled to events around the US with my family over the past couple of years. Honestly she was too good for me to coach and I brought in other, better, coaches to help her.

I just got off the phone with her and I can't even begin to contain my excitement.

Dasha will be one of 3 Notre Dame women's saber fencers going to the NCAA Championships. At this point I don't know if she is going as the Alternate or as one of the 2 competitors. I just know she is going.

NCAA rules require that only fencers who win at least 20 bouts can qualify for the Championships. She easily did that. But NCAA also only allows a maximum of 2 fencer from any school to compete. Dasha is only a freshman. Notre Dame qualified 5 of their Women's Saber fencers to attend. But can only take 3 women's saber fencers, 2 to compete + 1 as an alternate, which is the maximum allowed. Dasha is only a freshman on the team but is one of those 3 fencers. We find out later this week if she is the alternate or one of the competitors.

FWIW, most of the teams cannot qualify 2 fencers, many of the teams cannot qualify even 1 fencer. Notre Dame qualified 5 for NCAAs but only 3 get to go. So the competition at this level is amazing. I know that one of the 3 is a 2 time ACC Champion. Another of the 3 is a member of the US World Team (1 step below the US Olympic team). The 3rd member is Dasha. So we wait until later this week to find out if she is a competitor or an alternate.

Below is Dasha with one of my dogs over her last school break. She will be back home with us for Easter. But she goes into NCAA quarantine tomorrow morning and stays there until after the competition.

View attachment 130499 e
    Congratulations to you and especially her. Amazing achievement

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Another coffee and I actually got some work done.

Hauled a small table and 4 chairs from the house out to the back garage/workshop in the bed of the pick up truck to store them for use later. The table and chairs were in our family room but with a 1 year old foster son in the house we had to make room for TOYS. The floorspace is now occupied by a baby ball pit and a tiny swing & slide.

While I was over at the workshop/back garage I brought back several large storage bins worth of Christmas decorations that were sitting there, but actually belong in storage in the crawl space of the house. Once returned here I then put the correct lids onto the correct bins as several were mis-matched and didn't quite fit. Now everything is secure and in the proper location in the crawlspace.

More coffee.

I'm also tasked to take down an old ceiling fan in bedroom 2 ... throwing that one away because after 25+ years its taken a dirt nap. Then I remove a fan from bedroom 3, reinstall that into bedroom 2. Then I have to put a brand new fan into the bedroom 3. Why? Because my wife said so.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I'm with chef here. People who show up to a public range to shoot in costume is weird.
    Eh, I can't say I'd ever costume up to the range (I also said I would never own a handgun, haha!), but so long as they're happy and not hurting anyone, then who am I to judge?

At this point, though, I just want to see the YouTube video they made about it. ;)

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Hey you gave you permission for a pink background on your avatar. :p
    The gods of generic avatars or maybe it was the lord's of laziness, rulers of those who don't put forth the effort to change their avatar. Either way, I'll get around to changing eventually.... probably..... maybe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom