NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    This is where it get stupid. The idea that we had to cross state lines to go to a restaurant. One in our group is not vaccinated, which is just fine with me, but the City of Chicago and its horrific mayor have an issue. So, we left McCormick place, went to El Taco Real in Hammond, always a good choice....then drove my daughter back to Moody, then back home to Indiana. Two giant loops of most of Chicago.
    regardless of my vax status, I will never "show my papers" to eat at a restaurant or attend a concert/game whatever. Even if (when because they're already backing down) chiraq lifts that requirement they will never see another dollar from me. The rest of the state I'm not thrilled with, but chiraq is a never again. From what I've been told by friends that do frequent that cesspool, not one has been asked to see vax status at a restaurant or bar, there's signs up but that's the end of it

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    So, I had an enjoyable, yet stupid Saturday.

Went to the Chicago Auto Show. My son and his fiance came down from Michigan, we drove in and picked up my daughter from Moody (River North), then went to McCormick Place for the show. It was smaller than in years past, but still fun and I got a close look at the trucks I am considering.

This is where it get stupid. The idea that we had to cross state lines to go to a restaurant. One in our group is not vaccinated, which is just fine with me, but the City of Chicago and its horrific mayor have an issue. So, we left McCormick place, went to El Taco Real in Hammond, always a good choice....then drove my daughter back to Moody, then back home to Indiana. Two giant loops of most of Chicago.
    My boys were up there on Saturday as well, big brother/little brother day. They get up there and my youngest, he's 11, has his RTIC water bottle with him, always takes it everywhere, coach says "gotta stay hydrated" They see that they can't take it in and he's afraid he's going to have to toss it or try to stash it somewhere and hope it's there when they get done.

One of the security guards sees them looking around and asks what's going on. They tell her and she asks if he plans on buying a souvenir from the show. He says he is and she said "Good, what you do sweetie is tuck that bottle in the waistband in the back of your pants and pull your sweatshirt down over it. Go in and go buy your souvenir right away, make sure they give you a bag then just toss your bottle in the bag."

I'm just glad they didn't run in to some flashlight toting cop wannabe on a powertrip.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    regardless of my vax status, I will never "show my papers" to eat at a restaurant or attend a concert/game whatever. Even if (when because they're already backing down) chiraq lifts that requirement they will never see another dollar from me. The rest of the state I'm not thrilled with, but chiraq is a never again. From what I've been told by friends that do frequent that cesspool, not one has been asked to see vax status at a restaurant or bar, there's signs up but that's the end of it
    Most of the rest of Illinois is a lot like Indiana. The Chicago and to a lesser extent Springfield and Saint Louis metro areas are what Fs the state.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Massage Chair ?
    Cute Redhead that Stops by for a Hour ?
    Business in Shopping Center ?
    My massage therapist has a room set up at her house ever since covid shut everything down. She is working on renting an office and starting back up full time in April.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And which of u called for this rain!
    Melting the last of the fake news snow.
    :(

Let's see if the roof patch holds up. Since All State is a worthless POS insurance company that can't be bothered to help. :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom