Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    In my inbox today...
    ---
    Jedi, just heard that Gander Mountain is being sold and re-opening as a gun only store. This is the rumor I heard at work. Maybe you can email all the NWI group guys and get some more information for us. This rumor was started by a Gander employee and from the activity at Gander this last week it seems to be true. There have been alot of contractors goingin and out of the store this week. Thanks in advance if you can help.
    ---

:dunno: So anyone have any connections on this?

I had heard this as well, from more then one person. I know they have been remodeling, but the employees did not say anything about the change when I was last in there. Prices for ammo was still high despite the sale, although some of their firearms were pretty well priced. Still not sure on the "official" rumor, so I am just going off of what I had heard from a couple others.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    As much as I have been in Gander Mountain over the years, I have not see it as a hot bed of activity and always had more employees than customers. Bought my last new rifle from them this fall.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you open your eyes as you walk into the store, you will see a sign that says they are remodeling their gun department, to look more like cabelas/bass pro.....its not that big of a deal.....don't believe everything your coworkers say......

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Gander mountain is going to be called Gun World, and as of right now it will be the same minus fishing plus a lot more guns. And 5.11 gear and blackhawk.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Stupid weather forecasts. I took yesterday off work to go shooting because today was supposed to suck. It rained on me yesterday. Today? not a drop of rain and it's warmer than it was yesterday.
    Now I'm bored, although I did apply for my LTCH renewal. Maybe I'll go for a walk

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Stupid weather forecasts. I took yesterday off work to go shooting because today was supposed to suck. It rained on me yesterday. Today? not a drop of rain and it's warmer than it was yesterday.
    Now I'm bored, although I did apply for my LTCH renewal. Maybe I'll go for a walk

renewal? no lifetime? get one now, i hear they're gonna get rid of them next month :D
    you go to the ike's?

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Gander mountain is going to be called Gun World, and as of right now it will be the same minus fishing plus a lot more guns. And 5.11 gear and blackhawk.

The rumor I heard was quite the opposite. I heard they were getting rid of guns all together, and focusing more on the 'outdoor lifestyle'... We'll see.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    renewal? no lifetime? get one now, i hear they're gonna get rid of them next month :D
    you go to the ike's?
    Didn't have the scratch for lifetime for the wife and I 4 years ago, but I do now.
    Yep, went to the ike's, had the place all to myself. Didn't help though, I still suck with a handgun. Went for a walk by the river afterwards, it was nice even though it was drizzling. Anyone want to loan me a canoe some weekend?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Melen takes home another medal.

The good news is she intimidates the hell out of boys with her fencing so I don't have to dig too many deep holes out in the corn field.

:rockwoot: awesome. If you do ever need a few holes dug, I'll be glad to let you borrow Daisy, she could dig some monster holes.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Melen finally lost. That's OK. She made it up to the finals and did better than 98%of the fencers here. Can't complain about today's winning streak, and its another medal to hang at the fencing club on the award display.
    She did better than everyone else that didn't show up.:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom