Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I just don't understand it.
    My site is gravey, you're inside, heat in the winter, AC in the summer, not on a main drag, back with a bunch of other office buildings, no where near the PJs. Worst thing you have to deal with is skunks and the occasional lost driver that you have to point to Rt 30.

All you have to do is not fall asleep on your shift and not make an ass of yourself, heck if they'd let me I would replace half of my staff with scarecrows and call it a day.

I don't know. I guess they say bad things happen in threes. This would be my number three, car troubles, mom vs avocado, and this. I should be in the clear now.
    What kind of job is it? My BIL is looking for work.

Buy the way, I signed up for the sportsman's guide club. If anyone wants me to order anything at the discount, let me know.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ... I signed up for the sportsman's guide club. If anyone wants me to order anything at the discount, let me know.

JMO but Sportsman's Guide is only 1 step up from Cheaper-Than-Dirt on my list of crappy companies to deal with, using what I think are unethical business practices, and generally featuring cheap chinese junk too.

Then again, my opinion is worth what you paid for it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My two orders through them were good experiences. Pretty much everything these days is chinese junk. They have good prices, free shipping, and it's the same stuff they sell everywhere else. Sounds like you had a bad experience. Care to share?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Levin Tire in Highland screwed up. Took my car in at 8am this morning to get a replacement tire. They put the wrong tire on my car. I got about 5 miles away and they called me. Got to go back, but am going to finish my breakfast first. They have always taken great care of me, somebody is probably getting their butt chewed out now. I'm not happy, but based on many past dealings with them I'm sure they will make it right.

My two orders through them were good experiences. Pretty much everything these days is chinese junk. They have good prices, free shipping, and it's the same stuff they sell everywhere else. Sounds like you had a bad experience. Care to share?

Several. And they've been posted here before. They also participated in jacking up some prices during the last Obama panic. Finally took a phone call to the president of SG to get them to keep their crap out of my mailbox.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I hate when aesthetics interfere with function.

My phone(LG/Google Nexus 4) has a battery that had built in Qi wireless charging compatibility, so I bought their charging "orb" pad.

IMG_20130216_120342_zps5af7cd0a.jpg

As you can see, some idiot designer thought it looked cooler to angle the damn thing instead of being flat. Even though it's slightly magnetic and rubbery, the phone still slips off.

So with my trusty swiss army knife and the box it shipped in, I fixed it

IMG_20130216_120441_zpsec299fab.jpg

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I hate when aesthetics interfere with function.

My phone(LG/Google Nexus 4) has a battery that had built in Qi wireless charging compatibility, so I bought their charging "orb" pad.

IMG_20130216_120342_zps5af7cd0a.jpg

As you can see, some idiot designer thought it looked cooler to angle the damn thing instead of being flat. Even though it's slightly magnetic and rubbery, the phone still slips off.

So with my trusty swiss army knife and the box it shipped in, I fixed it

IMG_20130216_120441_zpsec299fab.jpg
    Looks like you need to dust...

Soupcan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valpo wasn't a completely wasted trip. Found .223 for .50 cents a round and bought a knife from Brad. Also got 375 rounds of CCI 22lr for $28. My buddy got a couple pmags for $20.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I tryed to go to the Valpo show but I wasn't gonna hang out in the long line around the building in 18 degree weather to buy overpriced ammo... etc... Went to breakfast and back still was too long of a line... I'm done with gun shows until this ensanity stops... I'd rather drive to J&G Sales in Arizona to pickup ammo than goto one of these shows... The thousand yard was open though.... Rant done...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom