Not open for further replies.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Sorry to hear it, if id have known I would've pulled some strings

It was kind of a last minute thing, my last day was SUPPOSED to be next friday, but I got shuffled out today, so I didn't have a gate pass for my personal effects and nobody knew what to do. So, they called in for a patrol guy, who took 20 minutes to show up, he knew he wasn't the right guy, so they called in head of security, he took 15 minutes or so, talked with my supervisor who said he had my USS things and so guy said I was good to go. Then, got called back 5-10 minutes later, turned out he needed to take pictures of the stuff I had with me ;-)

None of that would have happened if I had just swiped out and kept on going, but I ripped out my window sticker and handed them that and my badge, which sparked the whole deal :-\ Oh well, I had planned on working out my last two weeks anyway, so not like I really had plans for that time frame anyhow.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Good time at Blythe's range (Valpo) today. I forgot that the range only goes out to 65 feet so I couldn't confirm a 25m zero. No matter, I did the math and am confident with the settings I finished up with at the end of the day.

@ Sadclownwp

I would have one suggestion. Provide a switch to shut off the lights directly over the shooting positions. A cheaper option to rewiring all the shooting stations would be to provide a couple metal (or heat resistant material) disks that could be slipped over the protective plastic lenses to block the light. Reducing the light would go a long way to reducing the glare on the sights ... a useful option for anyone sighting in their gun or rifle.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :runaway:
    aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh not only did my 10/22 get GLOCK touched it also went to that place on valpo as well. aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :faint:

:rofl:
    my 10/22 is now offically gonna need some therapy.
    good night all.

i need to dream of pink unicorns nows to help get these mental images of glocking touching my 10/22.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Good time at Blythe's range (Valpo) today. I forgot that the range only goes out to 65 feet so I couldn't confirm a 25m zero. No matter, I did the math and am confident with the settings I finished up with at the end of the day.

@ Sadclownwp

I would have one suggestion. Provide a switch to shut off the lights directly over the shooting positions. A cheaper option to rewiring all the shooting stations would be to provide a couple metal (or heat resistant material) disks that could be slipped over the protective plastic lenses to block the light. Reducing the light would go a long way to reducing the glare on the sights ... a useful option for anyone sighting in their gun or rifle.

And you did not come say hello? And we already have a switch to shut off the lights directly over the shooting positions.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    And you did not come say hello? And we already have a switch to shut off the lights directly over the shooting positions.

Ha ha ha ... I did say hello. You didn't recognize me. You were busy with a customer so all I said was, "Hello. How you doin'?" You didn't have time or I would have introduced myself in one of the following ways ...

• "Hi. I'm Wild Deuce, Jedi's nemesis."
    • "Hi. I'm Wild Deuce, the anti-Jedi."
    • "Hi. Is this where the INGO members pick up their free AR's?"

Lights

I looked all over the booth and didn't see a switch. If you mean a switch that turns off the entire line, I wouldn't want to do that.

It would be cool even if you only offered a "blackout" option for one or two booths. It helps tremendously when sighting in to take the glare off the sights. I know it's not a big deal for run-of-the-mill sighting in but when you are making 1/4 MOA adjustments, every bit helps.

I'll have to look harder for the switch if you indeed have individual switches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom