• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the 1st 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looks like this one will be on the 20th. I cannot make it, I have a karate tournament in Naperville.
    Here's an idea, just for discussion; if one month is on a sunday, make the next one on a saturday, the third month would be open to vote for sat or sun. again.
    This would give members that cannot make it on day x, because of work or whatever, a chance to come out and play too.
    Just a thought.

I like **THAT** idea Bill B. Part of the reason last year we did either Sun or Sat was that our grill guy (*COUGH* Melensdad *COUGH*) could only do Sundays I think. Thus since he was bringing the grill we did it on the date he could come.

We are going to run into some issues with this first one (i think) since I'm not sure Melensdad can make ANY of the march ones so we will be grilless (for right now). Unless someone else has a portable propane grill for the dogs/burgers. Granted it's not needed that we have food but its a nice treat.

I just voted for a non-Appleseed weekend, but now there are three dates in a tie. Good luck choosing, jediagh! ;)

Yeah I just saw that! Way to go! :faint: I was thinking about this 2 days ago. What would happen if we have a tie. What would I do? I figured I toss a coin and call it. Or pick the next sporting event and say well if the XYZ wins then it's on date ABC, else its date DEF. Now with a 3 way tie. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

You guys and sole girl are KILLING me. :D
    If we still have a tie I think I'm going to tell my little one pick which "number" she likes best.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    We have been sharing vehicles and I'm waiting to see if my son gets his truck fixed. Saturdays are always better for me than Sundays though.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Uh-oh, looks like Sat. the 19th is in the lead...decisions, decisions...Karate practice or shooting.
    I should know by then if I get my license back.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ the winner is....

SAT, 19 MAR 2011!!!!

So for those that have yet to sign up. Go ahead and please post along with what you will be bringing so that I can update the main post.

Also if you have NOT see we have a "NWI INGO SHOOT"coming as well.
    (Special thanks to Wild Deuce for taking the lead on it!!!)
    See here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/136884-nwi_ingo_members.html#post1705033

This other event is less of a social and more of a smaller tips & tricks gathering along with some mini competitions. It won't be at Winamac and may even be during the week! So go put yout 2cents in that one as well.

Looks like we (NWI INGO) are by far the most active so far this year.
    :rockwoot:

groundhog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Munster
    As of today I have become an active member of INGO. I would love to join the NWI INGO event and join the group. I’ll be sure to bring some sides, drinks and paper items.

I will bring:

POF-USA P415 (.223) Carbine. (I’ll have some ammo, or use your own non-steel case)

I have been to Winamac a few times and love it. I usually go to Willow Slough and sometimes Jasper-Pulaski. Easier on the gas tank.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Why schedule this at the same time as an Appleseed??

That is why there is an events section to try to avoid overlapping events.

Hmmmmm let's see we fought hard to get Appleseed into this area then we will just schedule an event at the same time.

I hope your little social gathering does not effect the participation in the Appleseed program, with the safety issues at some of the previous NWI events I would suggest everyone go to an Appleseed.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Let me know if I'm wrong but the Appleseed is in Porter country and I don't go over there because I would like to keep my freedoms and firearms... Got proof that they are real bad over there, so couldn't go to that anyway...

Now there was a voting process set up for this event and most of the people that voted picked that date... Guess that's the date that most of the people who are going to attend it want it to be on then...

What safety issues ??? I was at the event in question and did not see anything that the one individual who stated it all claims to have seen. Can a group get a little out of hand, of course... Can a group police themselves better, of course... But I've seen much worse on a certain USPSA ran competition range before than I've ever seen at one of these events...

End of .02 cents worth or rant whichever way it came off to whomever is reading it...

I'll be there, hope to have a good time with all that show...

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Let me know if I'm wrong but the Appleseed is in Porter country You might want to get some more information about Appleseed.and I don't go over there because I would like to keep my freedoms and firearms... Got proof that they are real bad over there, so couldn't go to that anyway...That's funny I OC at the Wally World in Porter County, there is a very nice private range I plan to join in Porter County, I attend Popcorn Fest while OCing in Porter County, I did get a warning for doing 87 on 49 at 4:00am once. Damn Porter County Cop gave me a warning. BAD LEO!!

Now there was a voting process set up for this event and most of the people that voted picked that date... Guess that's the date that most of the people who are going to attend it want it to be on then... The date of the Appleseed should have never been included.

What safety issues ??? I was at the event in question and did not see anything that the one individual who stated it all claims to have seen.Several in attendance commented on getting sweeped, overcrowding, improper and unsafe gun handling. Can a group get a little out of hand, of course... Can a group police themselves better, of course... But I've seen much worse on a certain USPSA ran competition range before than I've ever seen at one of these events...

End of .02 cents worth or rant whichever way it came off to whomever is reading it...

I'll be there, hope to have a good time with all that show...

I hope I answered your questions.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Appleseed is in Rochester. I cant blame anyone for scheduling one for the weekend of appleseed. He put up the days and let everyone vote for them. Most people dont want to drop 70 for an Appleseed and drive to Rochester. Thats why they voted for the weekend of the seed. Why get your panties in a bunch over scheduling. Are you going to Appleseed that weekend? I made my choice along with a few others as to what I am doing, most people here are big enough to make their own decisions as to what they want to do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll be unavailable this time.

Have fun in France! Bring us back some "stale" cheese for the next MEET & SHOOT. :D

As of today I have become an active member of INGO. I would love to join the NWI INGO event and join the group. I’ll be sure to bring some sides, drinks and paper items.

:welcome: 2 :ingo:

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

If you have not done so already.

Why schedule this at the same time as an Appleseed??

That is why there is an events section to try to avoid overlapping events.

Hmmmmm let's see we fought hard to get Appleseed into this area then we will just schedule an event at the same time.

I hope your little social gathering does not effect the participation in the Appleseed program, with the safety issues at some of the previous NWI events I would suggest everyone go to an Appleseed.

Not everyone can make it to the appleeseeds for a variety of reasons (location, cost, lack of interest, etc...). In addition the members of NWI INGO have voted for what date they wanted the event. The majority voted for the weekend in question. I have no control over how they vote or why they may be choosing one event vs the other. :dunno:

As NWI INGO grows we will bump into these issues again I think. But it's no big deal. This year it looks like we have added a new event as well NWI INGO SHOOTs which are more shooting specific then social in nature and will be done at the various DNR ranges which are "closer" to some members.

The more events the merry as it shows we are growing and are spreading events out that are tailored to the various group member's interest.

---
    @Those close to Winamac
    Can someone please go to the range before the event and ask the RO if he needs more plywood or post please. In NOV he had a lot of plywood but I think was low on post. Can someone please verify this.

Thanks!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I want to answer your what's wrong with Porter Country but I'd rather do it in person than on a public forum... Maybe we'll catch up sometime this year...

I have a growing list of people who would agree with my statement on porter and they aren't just the people that were wronged, but include attorney's, police officers, and judges to boot...

One person commented on being sweeped, and a couple people stated after the conversation had gotten heated on the forum that it may have been better controlled. The person that stated he was sweeped, didn't bring it to anyones attention until back home and on the forum again. If someone is sweeping me I don't care who they are, I'm gonna let them know immediately... You can't take back a bullet after it leaves the firearm, so it is my or anyone elses responsibility too each other to make sure that the person conducting the unsafe activity is told that he or she is doing it on the spot.

Well if the Appleseed date was going to be a problem someone should have brought it to the attention of the OP of the thread that set the date early on... Not sure I didn't set up this meet and shoot event...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Rochester ??? Well it's a nice location, but it's a haul farther than Winamac...

Gotta keep my fuel money up as thier expecting 4 dollars a gallon pretty soon and the Knob is coming up...

Still wouldn't goto one in Porter or anything else for the most part over there...

Pick a event and go to it....

Enjoy...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    GB the 1st NWI Appleseed was in Porter County at NPCCC, the 2nd and 3rd NWI Appleseeds are at:

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

I was aware of the Appleeseed in March and thus why I "opened" up the date even more than usual and did a 3 week spread as oppose to 2 like we usually do. Clif45 did hit the issue on the nose in terms of cost and distance of Applessed #2 and #3 for NWI. Sadly it goes back to the core issue that NWI has of a lack of ranges avaliable in LAKE/PORTER that we can use.

@ALL
    Just a reminder that if we continue to get "too much" off topic the MODs are going to pull this tread back to the GENERAL SECTION. Posts in threads in the EVENTS should be "specific to the event" per what the MODs have told us before. So please the "semi-off topics" we have can we please use the

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

or the 2010 End of Year NWI Meet & Shoots Review
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...i_2010_meet_and_shoot_end_of_year_review.html

or open a new post OUTSIDE of the events tread.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Back on subject...

I should have the Saiga 12 back out for all that want to shoot it, ammo required though... shoots any regular load 12 gauge ammo...

I'll have a Beretta 92FS, 9mm
    Couple 1022's, or charger 1022's 22LR
    Couple assorted 38/357 revolvers, Dan Wesson, Smith, Ruger included
    Probably a Marlin 38/357
    and a AR15 in 223...

All available to shoot if you bring ammo, I'm not picky on type of ammo, just no corrosive stuff please...

Also if there's enough people that want to shoot a 1919 and can bring 308 ammo to feed it, PM me and maybe I'll bring the heavy weight to shoot...

Later...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    GB, don't forget the mosin please!
    I'll bring some ammo for it. Oh the horror of having to go back to Byltes.;)

Also does anyone have a propane grill?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It will be in the back ready for you to beat your shoulder up...

I've got a fold up propane cook stove, but not a grill... Let me know...

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    does anyone have a propane grill?

I've got a "portable" propane grill w/fuel you guys can use...BUT...its really hard to squeeze in my trunk. (Toyota Corolla). So, is there anyone that has a minivan or truck? It folds down, but its kinda long and doesn't fit in my trunk. I have no problem supplying it.

Erick

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom