• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Ya made fun of those INGO members that said this was coming 2 years ago. That "your papers" would be checked.

Well here it is on USA soil. The JBT, following orders, and checking papers to see if you are a proper person.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ok, so in NYC, you have to show proof of vax to dine (stupid and I certainly am not defending it). I watched the video. Did I miss where the officer asked to see the vax cards? Honest question. I did hear a blurb about leaving or it would be considered trespassing. The Instagram account is VERY biased. What it appears is that the restaurant wanted them to leave and the officers were relaying that to the patrons. That if they refused to leave (I guess since they didn't show their vax card to the restaurant staff) that would be considered trespass. How did we get to "police checking vax"? I saw no proof of that in the video.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Ok, so in NYC, you have to show proof of vax to dine (stupid and I certainly am not defending it). I watched the video. Did I miss where the officer asked to see the vax cards? Honest question. I did hear a blurb about leaving or it would be considered trespassing. The Instagram account is VERY biased. What it appears is that the restaurant wanted them to leave and the officers were relaying that to the patrons. That if they refused to leave (I guess since they didn't show their vax card to the restaurant staff) that would be considered trespass. How did we get to "police checking vax"? I saw no proof of that in the video.
    I heard at the very beginning "if you don't have the card you have to leave"

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I heard at the very beginning "if you don't have the card you have to leave"
    Yes, that is the rule in which the business is asking them to leave. The officer is explaining that to the family. That is NOT the same as "Police checking vax cards". I've been in their shoes hundreds of times (not for vax cards), responding to a business wanting a person to leave and I have to enforce their wishes and relay the law to the person. I have to explain to them that if they refuse to leave when asked by an agent of the business, it is considered trespass and they will be arrested. I do not have to agree with the reason for the business to kick them out, only that they have the right to make them leave for whatever reason.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Once again, the police are demonized and in all likelihood, did nothing wrong. When a private business wants a person to leave and they refuse, they call 911. I have no opinion on the rule/reasoning they are using. That has nothing to do with me. What DOES matter to me is that they refuse to leave when asked by the business and it become a criminal matter. It appears that the NYC situation is no different.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Are you saying that NYPD is going around checking vax cards and making arrests if they do not have them?
    Kinda, yes, under the guise of “trespassing”.

Provide your vax card or leave, don’t provide it government will lock you up.

Their property their rules... but don’t act as if NYPD isn’t enforcing it in some way or another.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I understand people being ticked off about this situation but don’t blame the cops yet. Let’s start with the politicians who push mandates. I mean do you not want to be able to remove someone from your premises? Property rights kind of trump any buts in this situation. Now if the cops were actually doing what was stated then yeah grab the torches and pitchforks but I’m not seeing that.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I understand people being ticked off about this situation but don’t blame the cops yet. Let’s start with the politicians who push mandates. I mean do you not want to be able to remove someone from your premises? Property rights kind of trump any buts in this situation. Now if the cops were actually doing what was stated then yeah grab the torches and pitchforks but I’m not seeing that.
    Yep they’re just “doing their jobs”.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Once again, the police are demonized and in all likelihood, did nothing wrong. When a private business wants a person to leave and they refuse, they call 911. I have no opinion on the rule/reasoning they are using. That has nothing to do with me. What DOES matter to me is that they refuse to leave when asked by the business and it become a criminal matter. It appears that the NYC situation is no different.
    When Starbucks was catching flack for the two guys that were arrested for tresspassing I remember a very different reaction here.

Kinda, yes, under the guise of “trespassing”.

Provide your vax card or leave, don’t provide it government will lock you up.

Their property their rules... but don’t act as if NYPD isn’t enforcing it in some way or another.
    Yes, same as any other unwanted guest that won't leave when told. NYPD is not going around and checking they are responding to a trespassing call.

Top Bottom