• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gibson90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I purchased a Nylon 66 and the rear sight was missing the elevation screw and the windage screw was broken. Long story longer I was able to acquire a complete rear sight, but need a gunsmith to rivet it on. Who you would recommend in the indy area? The gun currently shoots very accurately at 100 yds, but know I'll need to adjust sooner or later. Thanks in adnvace for any advice!!!

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    If that broken windage screw can be removed, and none of the threads in the holes for the windage or elevation screws on your original rear sight have been badly stripped or otherwise damaged, I'd personally try installing the screws from the replacement you bought first. If the threads in those holes show signs of light-to-moderate damage, it might still be possible to repair that by carefully "chasing" them with taps of the correct size and pitch.

If not, there's a fairly comprehensive list of 'smiths in a "sticky" in the General Discussion forum here. You could make some calls and find out which might be willing to do the job and what it would run you for the work. I'd try Numrich for the special rivet it'd need, as reusing the old one won't be an option.

Hope this is of help.

Top Bottom