• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    That was the intended purpose of their existence, cheaper cost of material=more sales. If I had one, I would keep it. Added bonus of not needing oiled might be advantageous if ever in a position where one cannot properly maintain a firearm for an extended period of time?

And it is a small piece of history, such as it is (first nylon/zytel stock and receiver?).

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Nylon 66 Bicentennial on Gunbroker. !8 bids and now at $731 with over 3 days left. How many 10/22's are going for that much. As my grandpa would say.....who came up with the idea?

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a a regular Mohawk brown Nylon 66 in used but mint condition, that I wouldn't trade for that 10/22. 10/22s are good rifles, but they are everywhere, but pristine Nylon 66s are not.

Dave

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm on the fence here,

Financially the Nylon 66 I think is worth at least 1/3 more than the 10/22

As a Shooter

I think the 10/22 is worth double the Nylon 66,

Are you hang it on a wall or go out and put 1k rounds through it every 3 months, Maybe if they guy gave you some boot, there are people that cherish thier 66's

good luck

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Back in the day, my dad being a timber man bought a new Remington chainsaw and they gave him a Nylon 66 as a bonus. I loved that gun but can't see paying the 700 plus that they are selling for today to replace it. If I owned one it would never be traded or sold,

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think you can compare them. One is a classic rifle which is more of a collectors item, regardless that the price, and the 10/22 is a very common mainstream plinker. If you can only have one, I'd choose the 10/22 every time, but I think the Nylon is a cool rifle to have and certainly not easily replaced. :twocents:

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    I agree its worth more than the 10/22 but I am a shooter not a collector but I don't think he will give me any coin in the deal my way so I think a polite no thanks is in order.

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have a Nylon 66 that is used but looks new.
    My Dad bought it for me for my 1st gun. I would not sell or trade it for a 10/22 or any other for that matter.
    Keep the Nylon 66 & go buy you the 10/22 and you will have the best of both worlds.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm pretty sure every Nylon 66 other than the basic Mohawk brown, is probably worth more than the 10/22 as long as it's in decent shape. The Nylon is a cool little rifle, and plenty shootable.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I agree its worth more than the 10/22 but I am a shooter not a collector but I don't think he will give me any coin in the deal my way so I think a polite no thanks is in order.

If the Nylon has little or no sentimental value to you... put it up for sale (GunBroker, Armslist, local paper, etc) with an asking price of $650. You can always come down a bit on price, if it doesn't sell quickly.

But I would be willing to bet there are a few 'collectors' out there who would snatch it up pretty quickly. Then, you can buy a NEW 10/22, AND a good aftermarket match-grade barrel, AND ammo enough to shoot for a while.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Didn't many gunnies dismiss the 66 when it first came out because of the plastic?

I remember Remington hired a famous shooter (can't recall who; might have been Lones Wigger?)... when these Nylon 66's were 'newer'... and he shot two different ones and shot at, and hit, something like 1500 2"x2" wooden blocks in the air.... before missing a shot. Not a single FTF or FTE....

Someone was reloading rifle # 1 while he shot rifle #2, and so on. Anyone else here old enough to recall that?

Top Bottom