• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That's disgusting and unforgiveable. I hope everyone involved is charged.

Thanks for the two stupid comments above also. The man admitted to it, there's no excuse for it and I doubt any will be given by people here. :noway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If its true then there should be a federal investigation into the departments charged.

Who do you think is aiding and abetting this, at very least fertilizing the soil? It's the feds.

The War on Drugs is set up never to be won. The drug arrests allow more DoJ money to go to local police. NYPD needed the body counts to get money. Sooooo, the temptation is create bodies out of thin air or out of the innocent.

While a fraction of these arrests is the keeping of the brown down, often it is non-White officers involved in these false arrests. Follow the money as they say.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This comes on the heels of the NYPD getting caught trumping up cannabis possession. The scenario- in NY small amounts are an infraction if they do not occur in public. If it is publicly visible, it escalates to a misdemeanor. As we know, "stop and frisks" are on the rise around the nation, particularly in poorer areas of larger cities. So, cops do a stop and frisk, ask you to empty your pockets (in some cases they do it for you) and boom, cannabis in public and a misdemeanor.

Police Commissioner Calls on NYPD to Stop Improper Marijuana Arrests - WNYC

Lots of sick puppies out there, stay safe.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Who do you think is aiding and abetting this, at very least fertilizing the soil? It's the feds.

The War on Drugs is set up never to be won. The drug arrests allow more DoJ money to go to local police. NYPD needed the body counts to get money. Sooooo, the temptation is create bodies out of thin air or out of the innocent.

While a fraction of these arrests is the keeping of the brown down, often it is non-White officers involved in these false arrests. Follow the money as they say.

Oh, i am familiar with how government money is handed out. I have no idea how such a system can even exist, other than as a way to keep elected officials in office.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Technically, the law says that the marijuana has to be burning or in clear public view.

NYS Penal Law Section 221 said:
    S 221.10 Criminal possession of marihuana in the fifth degree.
    A person is guilty of criminal possession of marihuana in the fifth
    degree when he knowingly and unlawfully possesses:
    1. marihuana in a public place, as defined in section 240.00 of this
    chapter, and such marihuana is burning or open to public view
    ; or
    2. one or more preparations, compounds, mixtures or substances
    containing marihuana and the preparations, compounds, mixtures or
    substances are of an aggregate weight of more than twenty-five grams.
    Criminal possession of marihuana in the fifth degree is a class B misdemeanor.

So, is it the interpretation that by the cop frisking you the weed magically becomes "open to public view?" I ask because last I checked, the inside of one's pocket was not open to public view. Also, one would hope the inside of one's pocket was simultaneously not burning. I don't see how these cases even got prosecuted.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Technically, the law says that the marijuana has to be burning or in clear public view.

So, is it the interpretation that by the cop frisking you the weed magically becomes "open to public view?" I ask because last I checked, the inside of one's pocket was not open to public view. Also, one would hope the inside of one's pocket was simultaneously not burning. I don't see how these cases even got prosecuted.

That's the game. They conduct a stop and frisk and demand you empty your pockets or open your bag. Public view. Of course, you could also refuse to empty your pockets and find out what happens. This was department policy until the media picked up on it then the chief had to walk it back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/24/n...es-require-public-view.html?_r=2&ref=nyregion

NYPD cannabis arrests soared off of the charts after they figured out the loophole. 400,000 arrests from 1997-2010. 50,000 arrests alone in 2010 at an estimated taxpayer cost of $75 Million to process. Big business, big profits since you have no overhead.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    "A large bureaucracy, once established, turns away from whatever task it is supposed to do, and instead works mainly at administering itself"
    ...Sociologist Max Weber, who coined the term "bureaucracy"

This NYPD stuff is a perfect example of the above.

During my youth with Cincinnati PD if our vice squad was low on their arrest quota, they would call the owner of one of our after hours joints (a bar/gambling establishment being operated without the government's plethora of permits).

They would announce they were low on numbers and would be there later. This was a courtesy that allowed the owner to warn his patrons so that anyone with warrants or who was otherwise wanted could vamoose, leaving nothing but old black men who were there with nothing else to do. Sure enough, the vice squad would "raid" the joint and issue citations to the patrons. After the vice squad left, the owner would collect the citations and pay them for his patrons. He could then operate unmolested until his turn came up again.

The vice squad's goal was not to suppress unlicensed drinking or gambling. The goal was to make arrests. That way if our chief or one of our assistant chiefs was giving a speech to the Daughters of the American Revolution he could cite our vast numbers of "vice" arrests to prove how diligently we were protecting the city.

Want another example? How about these so-called "terror" plots being breathlessly exposed by the feds, where they talk some loser into coming up with a half-assed plan to blow something up and then arrest him with great fanfare?

The most current example is "Fast & Furious," certainly one of the most blatant false flag operations in history.

ATF's Plan:

1) Sell guns to drug cartels. If the dealers themselves balk at selling them, tell them to sell them anyway.

2) Wave bye-bye as they disappear over the border.

3) Wait for the bodies to start piling up. Some of our own guys may get killed (Mexicans don't count) but hey, there are more where they came from, right?

4) Express shock and outrage at the fact that the guns came from US dealers (the same ones who didn't want to sell them). Blame "lax" US gun laws for the carnage. Press for more laws.

5) Doing 1-4 assures that BATF will continue to exist for the foreseeable future. UNLESS....

6) The troops on the ground want to puke at what they're doing and they drop a dime. Even ATF has a few guys with some integrity.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's disgusting and unforgiveable. I hope everyone involved is charged.

Thanks for the two stupid comments above also. The man admitted to it, there's no excuse for it and I doubt any will be given by people here. :noway:

But how many times must we here repeatedly that it is just an isolated incident... :popcorn:

My question is was he already found out before he admitted to it?! :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ok, here's my question. Every person has a line on how far they will go before they will risk losing their job. IE, your boss tries to make you do something unethical and you say enough is enough and quit. So where is that line for those officers involved in this from fabricating drug charges against innocent citizens to following orders to confiscate guns during a gun ban?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    This comes on the heels of the NYPD getting caught trumping up cannabis possession. The scenario- in NY small amounts are an infraction if they do not occur in public. If it is publicly visible, it escalates to a misdemeanor. As we know, "stop and frisks" are on the rise around the nation, particularly in poorer areas of larger cities. So, cops do a stop and frisk, ask you to empty your pockets (in some cases they do it for you) and boom, cannabis in public and a misdemeanor.

Police Commissioner Calls on NYPD to Stop Improper Marijuana Arrests - WNYC

Lots of sick puppies out there, stay safe.

I've seem some videos on youtube of someone in NY watchin the police do these "stop and frisks" on schoolkids in poorer neighborhoods. I've yet to see someone say "NO!" was kind of curious what would happen if someone resisted the "stop and frisk"

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    As Jeremy has said,..."After an exhaustive investigation, it has been determined that only a few officers were involved with this heinous operation...."

Top Bottom