• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Glad they caught him before he could do any real damage. But two guns is an arsenal? Come on Fox. That is journalistic malpractice.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I did read the original NYP article. I was ready to rag on them for using the word "arsenal", but they never did. That was strictly on Fox.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Glad they caught him before he could do any real damage. But two guns is an arsenal? Come on Fox. That is journalistic malpractice.

I'm glad they caught him too... BUT, I will point out that there's nothing illegal about taking about killing cops. I hope the PC for the warrant was based solely on it. As distasteful as his words probably were civil liberties must remain intact.

Edit: Fox has crappy reporting. The house was searched based on consent.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    2 guns?

900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Glad they stopped him early though

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A pistol, a shotgun, 2 bulletproof vests, brass knuckles and a bag of weed. An Arsenal? Sounds like a good time!

Glad they caught this guy before he caused any trouble.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    He was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail Thursday night on felony weapons charges, along with charges of felony aggravated harassment, unlawful use of a police uniform and pot possession.

What part of what he did was 'unlawful use of a police uniform'? Is it because he had bulletproof vests, or because he admitted to stealing one from a detention center?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What part of what he did was 'unlawful use of a police uniform'? Is it because he had bulletproof vests, or because he admitted to stealing one from a detention center?

You'd have to check NY code. I can't think of anything comparable in ours.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You'd have to check NY code. I can't think of anything comparable in ours.

Impersonating the po-po under 35-44.1-2-6 and unlawful use of body armour.

IC 35-44.1-2-6 Version b
    Impersonation of a public servant
    Note: This version of section effective 7-1-2014. See also preceding version of this section, effective until 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 6. A person who falsely represents that the person is a public servant, with intent to mislead and induce another person to submit to false official authority or otherwise to act to the other person's detriment in reliance on the false representation, commits impersonation of a public servant, a Class A misdemeanor. However, a person who falsely represents that the person is:
    (1) a law enforcement officer; or
    (2) an agent or employee of the department of state revenue, and collects any property from another person;
    commits a Level 6 felony.

IC 35-47-5-13 Version b
    Unlawful use of body armor
    Note: This version of section effective 7-1-2014. See also preceding version of this section, effective until 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 13. (a) As used in this section, "body armor" means bullet resistant metal or other material worn by a person to provide protection from weapons or bodily injury.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally uses body armor while committing a felony commits unlawful use of body armor, a Level 6 felony.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've never seen unlawful use of body armor prosecuted. Maybe they do it in Marion County a lot, I don't know.

I've only had one impersonation of a public servant and that was years and years ago. Guy in a bar in West Lafayette. He was hitting on women, getting free drinks and then wanted to "inspect" the bar . . . claiming he was a DoD cop.

Top Bottom