Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    none.png

• Jeannette
    • Santa Barbara, CA

I am a teacher and mother and I find it terrifying that children would be more exposed to guns. They are immature and are not always in control of their emotions, while they are growing. They often act first, and think later, and there are a lot of insecure bullies.

However, the real issue is money. It reminds me of cigarettes. Finally, when the issues of cancer were published, and our country started educating the public of smoking dangers, the cigarette companies moved into Europe and Asia, because money was really the issue. The gun lobby speaks of the Second Amendment, but it is about money.

Someone should sign up and tell her ,parents of students are terrified of teachers havimg affairs with their children. :):

Last edited:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Wouldnt it be better for their blood pressure if they just ignored fly over country? I mean why do they even bother? They accuse gun owners of having a disease but its sounding more like they are projecting their own malaise; pathological obsession with other peoples' business.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Wouldnt it be better for their blood pressure if they just ignored fly over country? I mean why do they even bother? They accuse gun owners of having a disease but its sounding more like they are projecting their own malaise; pathological obsession with other peoples' business.

Great vocabulary!!! Malaise----Man, you're "classing" us up!!!! I love it!!!

David202

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A friend just tweeting a link to this article with the comment "so disgusting." The comments are terrible. I guess they think that letting kids learn about guns from movies is better than actually learning how to safely handle a gun in real life. Sigh.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    A friend just tweeting a link to this article with the comment "so disgusting." The comments are terrible. I guess they think that letting kids learn about guns from movies is better than actually learning how to safely handle a gun in real life. Sigh.

They obviously learned about guns from the movies. If it was good enough for them...

But as to sex education, well, of course we should teach our kids about 'safe sex' because someone could get hurt!! :runaway:

Funny, but a lot of my posts there are deleted! I guess that's part of the national conversation Barry wanted to have on gun control.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have no interest in creating an account to reply, but I find it fairly ironic that a very large percentage of the comments are from folks that live in an around NYC. They are claiming that all of these programs are based upon greed, yet they hail from the epicenter of greed. NYC is fueled by greed and corruption.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pffft, we need an INGO thread of our kids shooting and then send it to the New York Times.

This article reinforces the need to make firearms education mandatory in public schools.

AlphaSig112

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Lawrence
    The type of comments expressed on this article were drawn out by the bias of the writer of the article. They demonized the gun industry and the people who would rather their children understand and respect guns than be fearful of them. The comments are not at all surprising to me.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    These people would have had a cow during the founding days of this country. Today they talk about the "well regulated militia" part of the second amendment, not realizing or wanting to admit that when the constitution was written, that well regulated militia was a father teaching his young son how to handle the smoke pole! The horror!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    To paraphrase Van Halen, there's no way they can stop us now.

Didn't bother to read the comments.

But this gets right to the crux of the matter.

Teach the children to value their rights, to shoot well, to appreciate arms, and we will have done more for the Second Amendment in this nation than one hundred thousand million enthusiasts can do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh the poor children being subjected to the horror.

Ok, now for reality.
    Ummm, really how much pushing to they think is going on? Really. Try hard to get a kid intested? How does that work out?
    Seems to me it would be harder to get them "not interested",
    which is exactly what they're trying to do, with BILLIONS of dollars they're putting out.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I read 1/2 the article and many of comments. I certainly hope that our voices are louder and more reasoned to the ears of our policy makers. Very sad and scary.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Which is funny considering I was scared of guns as a kid and didn't know anyone who owned one. Now look at me.

I dunno. You seem pretty scary to me! :):

The NYT did a fine job of sifting out pro-gun comments, at least mine.

I guess it's not surprising that the pinheads who read the Times would have such panty-waisted opinions (is that sexist to say?).

Top Bottom