• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You probably didn't mean it, but you explained privilege perfectly.

Dealing with other people doesn't mean you get your way regardless.
    Again, the point of the article was the notion that life is better and you get more privileges because you are white which I believe is completely bogus.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dealing with other people doesn't mean you get your way regardless.
    Again, the point of the article was the notion that life is better and you get more privileges because you are white which I believe is completely bogus.

I would say life is better, I'd say you get the benefit of the doubt more often..... actually, a lot more often.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So wait, you admit there's black privilege, but deny white privilege????

:headexplodes:

You mean there's black priveledge?

lets look at the situation,
    priveledge would mean that the emphasis is on me and my "priveledge" for being hired or not.
    Black priveledge would be getting hired for being black and deserving of preference.

I submit that the issue of "priveledge" is not in my life but someone else's perception.
    the interviewers ideas or presupposition of my possible priveledge does not mean that I have had any of said priveledge, but he/she thinks that I have and are more or less deserving because of his/her perceptions of me based on factors that may very well have nothing to do with me.

Priveledge is in your mind not my history

Whenever a person points to another and thinks that they have had an easier time in life due to (_____) then they put themselves in their own box and group irregardless of the truth of the perception.

white priveledge
    black priveledge
    rich priveledge
    hetero priveledge
    height priveledge
    weight priveledge
    Male priveledge
    economic, social, american priveledge, and don't even get me started on Jedi, Sith, or Federation Priveledge
    (those stuck-up, arrogant, goody two shoes)
    the only thing that doesn't have someone thinking that they have it easy is an Ameoba

the smallest minority is the individual, be one.
    if someone is a jerk to you for any reason, whether you know what it is or just want to perceive what you think it is, go on.
    You don't owe them anything and probably won't change their mind..

don't let them disturb your calm.

You may be wrong and they don't like your height, weight, tats, or eye color and really don't give a rip about your race. Positive or negative.

the idea is this. Your perception of me has little or nothing to do with me and everything to do with your own ideas of my group, race, height, weight, shooting ability, metacloriene levels, or ability with a light saber.

and is not my problem but yours.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Priveledge is in your mind not my history

Whenever a person points to another and thinks that they have had an easier time in life due to (_____) then they put themselves in their own box and group irregardless of the truth of the perception.

You're in denial.

Goshen sundown town resolution would acknowledge racial inequality in the city's past - Elkhart Truth

This is a knock on the residents of Goshen. They have very well not known of the practice. But never the less they were privileged, because of their ability to live where they wanted. The only confirmed racists in this are those who purposefully excluded black families from buying homes.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    You're in denial.

Goshen sundown town resolution would acknowledge racial inequality in the city's past - Elkhart Truth

This is a knock on the residents of Goshen. They have very well not known of the practice. But never the less they were privileged, because of their ability to live where they wanted. The only confirmed racists in this are those who purposefully excluded black families from buying homes.

I wasn't alive in the 30s or 50s.
    Have no intention of apologizing for them or justifying them.

If you know someone in particular who was denied housing or something to that effect in the 30s or 50s then they can sue for damages.
    Dont expect me to bend over and feel bad about it. I didn't have anything to do with it, no one I know had anything to do with it.

And don't put their actions on me. I don't know or care if they felt or had privilege. I should not be punished or receive and anti white bias due to someone else's action.
    If you want to say they had privilege, fine.

It doesn't mean that I have, or should be told to "check my priveledge"
    to lump all whites into priveledge is no better than to limp all blacks into underpriveledge.
    were their bad things done to blacks in the past? Yup.
    indians? Yup
    asians? Yup
    italians? Yup
    irish? Yup
    mexicans? Yup

do I as a person owe Italians, Mexicans, Asians, Irish, anything other than my understanding? No
    should I carry the stigma of what was done to another group?

absolutely not

we can go back and forth with examples forever. I don't give a rats backside about Goshen in the 30s and 50s. And for you to paint me with that brush is your problem, not mine.

their have always been bad people, groups of people, nations of people.
    The only problem with the world is that it is full of people.

You can recognize, understand, sympathize, empathize all you want but when you put me in a box of "priveledge" due to someone else's group, race, nation, it is your own bias and self perception. Not mine.

again, your perception of my possible priveledge is your problem.
    Not evidence of my "white priveledge"

think what you will, don't expect me to.

I have expressed myself clearly, and this dead horse is nothing but a grease spot left on the ground.

Last edited:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I wonder if we will still be talking about this in 1,000 years. Im sure we will do all we can to keep inequality alive by talking about it.

[video=youtube_share;z2d2SzRZvsQ]http://youtu.be/z2d2SzRZvsQ[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wasn't alive in the 30s or 50s.
    Have no intention of apologizing for them or justifying them.

If you know someone in particular who was denied housing or something to that effect in the 30s or 50s then they can sue for damages.
    Dont expect me to bend over and feel bad about it. I didn't have anything to do with it, no one I know had anything to do with it.

And don't put their actions on me. I don't know or care if they felt or had privilege. I should not be punished or receive and anti white bias due to someone else's action.
    If you want to say they had privilege, fine.

It doesn't mean that I have, or should be told to "check my priveledge"
    to lump all whites into priveledge is no better than to limp all blacks into underpriveledge.
    were their bad things done to blacks in the past? Yup.
    indians? Yup
    asians? Yup
    italians? Yup
    irish? Yup
    mexicans? Yup

do I as a person owe Italians, Mexicans, Asians, Irish, anything other than my understanding? No
    should I carry the stigma of what was done to another group?

absolutely not

we can go back and forth with examples forever. I don't give a rats backside about Goshen in the 30s and 50s. And for you to paint me with that brush is your problem, not mine.

their have always been bad people, groups of people, nations of people.
    The only problem with the world is that it is full of people.

You can recognize, understand, sympathize, empathize all you want but when you put me in a box of "priveledge" due to someone else's group, race, nation, it is your own bias and racism, not mine.

The article clearly said from the 1930s through the late 70s. So odds are if my parents had wanted to live there we would have been turned away. And what's up with this "owing" nonsense. Have I asked for anything? Is that the problem with people admitting the existence of white privilege? You think someone is going to want something from you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder if we will still be talking about this in 1,000 years. Im sure we will do all we can to keep inequality alive by talking about it.

[video=youtube_share;z2d2SzRZvsQ]http://youtu.be/z2d2SzRZvsQ[/video]

Isn't he the same guy who accused the Tea Party of racism?

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I dont know. I just agree with him here.

[video=youtube_share;kOiQgleiRtU]http://youtu.be/kOiQgleiRtU[/video]

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    The article clearly said from the 1930s through the late 70s. So odds are if my parents had wanted to live there we would have been turned away. And what's up with this "owing" nonsense. Have I asked for anything? Is that the problem with people admitting the existence of white privilege? You think someone is going to want something from you?

your parents could have sued for damages.

you have asked me to recognize, understand and agree with you that I have priveledge. Not going to happen.

Not denial just truth.
    Your thinking that I have had priveledge is your problem.

Claiming that I am in denial for not seeing that is a dodge (if you agree with me then fine, if not your in denial)

I don't live in Goshen, never have, don't want to be put in the same bucket as them due to being the same race. Anymore than you want to be put in the same bucket as all blacks just due to being black.

They have nothing to do with me, my assumed priveledge, denial of priveledge, or lack of priveledge.
    Pointing to them or any other perceived priveledge as evidence of mine or of my denial of same is what we used to call prejudice and stereotyping.

your in denial of someone not having your perceived priveledge.

I don't accept your stereotype of all whites as priveledged based on some past idea of a slight that has nothing to do with me or mine due to the amount of Melanin in my outer layer.

I do not recognize or accept that I am priveledged. You cannot accept that I am not priveledged due to your bias and therefore must be in denial of your superior knowledge and opinion.

This dead horse is now beaten to the point of unrecognizability, and I'm bored with it.
    your biased opinion and blinded assertions won't change, you cannot accept that white people don't all fit into your box.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

We need not go back any significant length of time. Racial discrimination is alive and well in the 21st century of America.

The problem I have with the wording of "white privilege" is the wording. For whites, the system works! People are hired, fired, promoted, and rewarded or punished on their merits! The idea of the American dream is available without the burden of an additional obstacle. For blacks, the colour of their skin is an additional obstacle. This is a fact. This is proven in study after study time and again.

Let us look at some, shall we?

For almost a year from July 2001 to May 2002 about 5,000 resumes were sent to employers for jobs such as sales, admin support, clerical, etc. Half of the resumes had "white" names like Emily and Brendan and half had "black" names such as Lakisha and Jamal. The study found that the whites needed to send 10 resumes to get a callback, while the blacks had to send 15 resumes to get a callback. They also check for results in improving the "quality" of the applicant. The whites who had a higher quality application received 30% more callbacks. The blacks who had a higher quality application only received a 9% increase in callbacks. In OTHER WORDS, the whites were able to benefit from improving themselves 300% more than blacks. Link: Chicago GSB | Capital Ideas

Even where the white folks have broken the rules and have a felony on their record, it is held against them far less than black folks with a felony record. From a study published in 2009 black men who admitted to being incarcerated were only 33% as likely to get a positive response as white men who had also been incarcerated. IN OTHER WORDS, the white folks were better 300% more likely to be "forgiven" for their "mistake" as the black folks. Link: Racist hiring practices exposed

I saved the best for last, because now we get to pick on LAWYERS and that is always fun, isn't it? In this study from 2013, 53 partners from 22 law firms were asked to review a memo from a hypothetical 3rd year law student. There were 22 errors deliberately inserted. The reviewers had agreed to participate in a voluntary "writing analysis summery." Both papers had the same name on them - Thomas Meyer. Both papers were for NYU Law. The only thing they knew was that race of the author, black or white. The "black" Thomas Meyer scored a 3.2/5.0 (64%). The "white" Thomas Meyer scored a 4.1/5.0 (82%). The black author got an F and the white author got a low B / high C. IN OTHER WORDS, among a diversity of lawyers, they were far more critical of the black man than the white man. Link: Does this Study Prove that Law Firm Partners are Racist?|Vault Blogs|Vault.com

So even if a black person drives for the American dream, gets his or her bachelors degree, goes to law school, they will STILL face obstacles that white counterparts won't even be aware of.

"But," you say, "No one hates black folks today. The vile racism of the past has been stomped out. It isn't as repugnant as in decades past." I will grant that. You may be right. So I saved a counter article for last, really. Picking on the lawyers was just fun.

In this article it argues that racism is "anti-black" it is simply "pro-white." We all like people like ourselves. Stick an extremely conservative person in a room full of east coast liberals and their comfort level will not be good. The same goes for an east coast liberal amongst some good ole' Kentucky conservatives at a "shoot it - clean it - cook it" event in the hills. This article proposes that we all will like people like us. As such, we are more likely to hire them, promote them, and overlook their foibles IF they are like us. The problem is that in many cases whites are already in positions of power in society and companies and by doing so they continue to, without malice, promote "white privilege." Link: Favoritism, not hostility, causes most discrimination -- ScienceDaily

Please note again that I am not promoting any new legislation, repayments, tipping of scales the other way, etc. But to ignore the facts of dozens of studies (I have shared only a small sampling here) is to deny a problem that many Americans face simply due to the colour of their skin. Most Americans today are not descended from slave owners. Most of us also aren't descended from patriots who fought in the revolution. Many millions of us have come from folks who have been here less than 150 years. When our ancestors arrived they too faced discrimination as has been brought up earlier. Irish, Italians, Germans, Poles and others all had issues that lasted for many decades. Yet for some reason they assimilated / were accepted very quickly. I do not presume the wisdom to know why.

Regards,

Doug

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Ha,ha yeah......still going huh........wow.....you betcha....great point.....you have really opened my eyes......
    whew.......the sky has opened for me......man.......
    well,..uh.......it's been exciting, you know.......making the same point over and over.....and over.....in all different ways......wow....
    ....22 pages, haha.....whew..........................anyway, I got a prior commitment....so.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ha,ha yeah......still going huh........wow.....you betcha....great point.....you have really opened my eyes......
    whew.......the sky has opened for me......man.......
    well,..uh.......it's been exciting, you know.......making the same point over and over.....and over.....in all different ways......wow....
    ....22 pages, haha.....whew..........................anyway, I got a prior commitment....so.....

What color is Jesus? Or Angels? Ever see an Asian or Black angel that wasn't considered a novelty? Privilege is having a god that looks like you, and convincing everybody that it's true, when it's not.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    What color is Jesus? Or Angels? Ever see an Asian or Black angel that wasn't considered a novelty? Privilege is having a god that looks like you, and convincing everybody that it's true, when it's not.

hey, hi.........yeah, your right........you know that awkward feeling when your still talking and people are walking away.............
    .sure,sure......yeah..
    I know...you...have....had.....that......feeling

see ya

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

hey, hi.........yeah, your right........you know that awkward feeling when your still talking and people are walking away.............
    .sure,sure......yeah..
    I know...you...have....had.....that......feeling

see ya

Enjoy your invisible privilege, and don't forget to drop your check off at the reparations office. Lol

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This whole "white privilege" crap is NOT what you think it is. Its meant to demonize white people and make others hate white people. Its political, as is all things in the media. This whole idea of white privilege is false. What exists today is reality. The truth is that if a man where's baggy pants and a long sleeve white t-shirt with a tear drop tattoo below his eye and cant speak english well enough to be understood and you dont hire him or he cant get a job making 100k being a family doctor......is this white privilege? Or is it reality that he wont have customers? Ben Carson sure makes a compelling case. Does a certain group have privilege in high level math jobs? Or how bout the rap music industry? NBA? NFL(minus quarterbacks :)) Even remotely entertaining the idea of a group of people having a privilege based solely on the color of their skin is flat out b.s. Whats true is the perceptions that are created from those groups by their collective actions, and the consequences they bestow upon themselves from their own actions. One group is said to be great with math....why is that? because so many are!!! if the shoe fits, wear it. Stop buying into the propaganda that you are bad because you are white. When the black panthers dont get prosecuted for video evidence of voter intimidation, who really has the "privilige"?? Is that even privilige? Or is that a racist justice department that wont prosecute a person based on their skin color or political ideology? Truth matters, not all this other crap meant to make you feel bad about yourself. Stop it

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    To All,

We all like people like ourselves. Stick an extremely conservative person in a room full of east coast liberals and their comfort level will not be good. The same goes for an east coast liberal amongst some good ole' Kentucky conservatives at a "shoot it - clean it - cook it" event in the hills. This article proposes that we all will like people like us. As such, we are more likely to hire them, promote them, and overlook their foibles IF they are like us. ---------IS THIS RACISM???? No. I would not think a business would hire a person that they know disagrees with them on everything and wants their paycheck for not working, for example. Would a democrat politician hire a person who votes republican? Would that then be a form of racism if their skin color was different? goodness.

The problem is that in many cases whites are already in positions of power in society and companies and by doing so they continue to, without malice, promote "white privilege." -------->>>>>So this is racism since we are already in power because we built the institutions and invented the stuff that made us rich and powerful?

Most Americans today are not descended from slave owners. Most of us also aren't descended from patriots who fought in the revolution. Many millions of us have come from folks who have been here less than 150 years. When our ancestors arrived they too faced discrimination as has been brought up earlier. Irish, Italians, Germans, Poles and others all had issues that lasted for many decades. Yet for some reason they assimilated / were accepted very quickly. I do not presume the wisdom to know why.---------------->>>>>>>Which groups have you left out because they havent assimilated and dont live the american dream? they try to change what this country is........and we are racist against them?

Racism is one of the most profitable ideas that is used by one party to legally steal from taxpayers and drum up votes.

Top Bottom