• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    Tryin on a pair of Oakleys vs. the cheap knockoffs is like night and day difference. Have had a pair for the last five years. The have survived being sat on numerous times, a rock to the face(she claims it was an accident...), and are still going strong! Actually thinking about buying a new pair of wire frames right now!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Well, I just got back from a prescription Oakley / Wiley X dealer here in town. The Oakleys were like 600 bucks for prescription lenses, frames and polarization. Wiley X weren't too far behind. The Wileys offer better protection (according to their booklet). The place said they accepted my insurance company but not the plan I was at, so I didn't buy anything. They then said I could have a 30% cash discount, which may help, and I had the cash on me but I'm going to wait.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, I just got back from a prescription Oakley / Wiley X dealer here in town. The Oakleys were like 600 bucks for prescription lenses, frames and polarization. Wiley X weren't too far behind. The Wileys offer better protection (according to their booklet). The place said they accepted my insurance company but not the plan I was at, so I didn't buy anything. They then said I could have a 30% cash discount, which may help, and I had the cash on me but I'm going to wait.

If you were actually Ferarri status, you would have bought 2 pairs right then.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville

Or you could actually read some of the posts in this very thread where people with usstandardissue accounts have offered to order Oakley's for others...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/196456-oakley_sunglasses-15.html

Like post 147 lol.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Still lovin' my Flak Jackets!!

46909156.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I just ordered some Flak Jaket XLJs from USSI. $70 ain't too bad too!

Nope, thats the great price. I have the Half Jacket XLJs, have clear lens as well as the shades. Debating on getting another set of lens, but trying to decide on the color. Was thinking something more for the indoor shooting ranges.

jrwca

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    I love Oakleys. My last couple pairs of eyeglasses have been Oakleys (currently wearing Currency frames) and my sunglasses have been Oakleys for a long time.

One of my friends used to work in the ballistic test lab at Oakley running tests on the lenses and comparing them to the competition. All his data showed that Oakley was hands down better than anyone else for eye protection.

Just threw down some cash on some prescription GasCans last weekend...

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My last two pair of sunglasses were both Oakley Half Jacket XLJs. I probably spentore money on replacent parts than on the glasses themselves. Most Oakley models I've seen don't have the same issues I had with the Half Jackets, though.

My new pair are ESS CDIs and I can't really say enough good things about them.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Currently wearing a pair of Polarized Monster Dogs. Took them to the Florida Keys last weak, and really got to see the advantage of polarization. I felt like I could see right through the glare of the water, and down to the ocean floor (which was only about 10 feet :D).

Top Bottom