• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Like executive orders, presidential memoranda don't require action by Congress. They have the same force of law as executive orders and often have consequences just as far-reaching.
    There's no distinctive difference between them, Oak. Just terminology.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    There's no distinctive difference between them, Oak. Just terminology.
    They are separate from one another, and Executive Orders must have a citing of legal authority. This is not a requirement for Presidential Memoranda

fgN9H8v.png

ZrAkiHK.png

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thanks. Sometimes differing terms are euphemisms for one another and sometimes words really do mean things. In politics, it's often difficult to tell.

They are separate from one another, and Executive Orders must have a citing of legal authority. This is not a requirement for Presidential Memoranda

fgN9H8v.png

ZrAkiHK.png

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Thanks. Sometimes differing terms are euphemisms for one another and sometimes words really do mean things. In politics, it's often difficult to tell.
    You're welcome. It seems to be one of those strange Constitutional areas, and there is little clear guidance so I can see why it would be easy to conflate the two if you are unfamiliar with them

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    In politics - it IS impossible to tell. Lying through your teeth is part of the job. I have always believed that the sort of people who really want to go into politics are PRECISELY the sort of people you DON'T want in office. They are exactly like used car salesmen. Politicians should make a fair basic wage and should have no power or influence or special benefits or compensations or Secret Service protection. They should be limited in their terms of office. What we have now is the total opposite and we are being sold down the river so they can build their portfolios and fill their offshore bank accounts. Politics have become exactly the same as prostitution - which, curiously, is illegal in most of the United States.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You're welcome. It seems to be one of those strange Constitutional areas, and there is little clear guidance so I can see why it would be easy to conflate the two if you are unfamiliar with them
    Like MrJ.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IOW, you're incapable of admitting that you were wrong, exactly the same affliction under which the Community Organizer-in-Chief suffers.
    The smartest person on Ingo can never be wrong.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    (Have found a thread on this in the other politic section: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ms-ingo-threatened-new-obama-regulations.html)

Reading this article today although it doesnt include a ton of facts, it is bringing to my attention a focus on online forums and online information pertaining firearms and ammunition (esp of interest to me, reloading). It is saying the State Department is looking to make it illegal to post or provide information without permission by the gov. Is this a stretched version by the NRA of what they are actually looking to do or does anyone have any info?

NRA: Gun blogs, videos, web forums threatened by new Obama regulation | WashingtonExaminer.com

This is the only forum I participate in, but I use a vast number of resources online about firearms and reloading. Thanks.

Last edited:

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    There is no valid excuse for not belonging to,and contributing to the NRA. (remember,the gov does not support the NRA-only your contributions support the fight for your gun rights)-----------------If every gun owner were a member of the NRA---it would be real quiet in the antis' corner

tallend

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    There is no valid excuse for not belonging to,and contributing to the NRA. (remember,the gov does not support the NRA-only your contributions support the fight for your gun rights)-----------------If every gun owner were a member of the NRA---it would be real quiet in the antis' corner

tallend

1934 and 1986 are 2 good reasons

Top Bottom