• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm curious; what part of the Constitution supports forced sodomy as punishment for whatever crime you perceive the President as having committed?

I don't have my copy of the Consitution handy but I believe if you look in the index at the back there is an alphabetical listing. Impalement comes right before Impeachment.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I believe that is the same clause that grants the president the power to dictate bathroom access policy.

North_carolina_fireworks.jpg

Exactly!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm curious; what part of the Constitution supports forced sodomy as punishment for whatever crime you perceive the President as having committed?

Good question, despite what appears perilously close to trolling. However, Obama would probably enjoy it, negating any cruelty, and as often as privacy is violated, it would very quickly no longer be able to be called unusual, so there's the 8A negated with respect to this question.

Seriously, however, I don't believe that his remark was intended to be taken literally. But you knew that, right?

Blessings,
    Bill

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What difference does it make how he intended it to be taken?

Nuance. The meaning behind the meaning. One can usually expect someone of equal or better intellect to catch on. Everyone else is left blustering about the flaw in the face value meaning that wasn't the meaning at all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had no idea that that allowed cruel or unusual punishment. But hey, since you're willing to put that part of the Constitution aside....

First, my point is that it is disingenuous to scream "CONSTITUTION" in Obama's support when he has made a career of disregarding the Constitution.

Second, do you really believe that I am going to go to Washington and shove a plunger up Obama's ass? How do you on one hand treat a flippant remark as a travesty while not having any problem with a president flagrantly violating the Constitution?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    First, my point is that it is disingenuous to scream "CONSTITUTION" in Obama's support when he has made a career of disregarding the Constitution.

Second, do you really believe that I am going to go to Washington and shove a plunger up Obama's ass? How do you on one hand treat a flippant remark as a travesty while not having any problem with a president flagrantly violating the Constitution?

Well...it did derail the conversation.

It changed the conversation from how the president of the United States did actually act unconstitutionally to how your remark makes you the bad guy instead.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well...it did derail the conversation.

It changed the conversation from how the president of the United States did actually act unconstitutionally again to how your remark makes you the bad guy instead.

FTFY. I've lost count how many times he's done that personally, let alone what he's responsible for under his administration.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Read this morning that indian tribes in NE Montana gave the administration the middle finger and said their public restrooms will follow biology, not feelings. They have death, drugs, and a lot of other serious issues, this one has to take a back seat. I like what the council said, that no one cared what people did in their own bathrooms - that's their business - but for public bathrooms, are the council's business. The council said they'd rather adult males did not enter the same bathroom with female children. Settled.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Read this morning that indian tribes in NE Montana gave the administration the middle finger and said their public restrooms will follow biology, not feelings. They have death, drugs, and a lot of other serious issues, this one has to take a back seat. I like what the council said, that no one cared what people did in their own bathrooms - that's their business - but for public bathrooms, are the council's business. The council said they'd rather adult males did not enter the same bathroom with female children. Settled.
    Why does stating the obvious common sense approach seem brave in today's culture?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Why does stating the obvious common sense approach seem brave in today's culture?

I thought it was interesting this was even news - NATIONAL news. A council which governs about 6000 people in NE Montana states for the record to follow biology when using public restrooms on the res, and that's national news. Really?!

Top Bottom