• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The SCN will connect cities, city-level practitioners and the communities they represent through a series of workshops, trainings and sustained city partnerships. Network participants will also contribute to and benefit from an online repository of municipal-level good practices and web-based training modules and will be eligible for grants supporting innovative, local initiatives and strategies that will contribute to building social cohesion and resilience to violent extremism.

It's not a police force. It's an intelligence sharing and training resource that allows cities to see how other cities have dealt with terrorist threats, etc. It's not an enforcement body, in other words, it's a way for City X to learn from City Y what they did and how it worked, or didn't, and establish best practices.

source: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/laun...ommunity-resilience-against-violent-extremism

You can poke around on their website yourself if you like: Strong Cities Network | Inspiring Local Resilience on a Global Scale

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Obama Administration and UN Announce Global Police Force to Fight 'Extremism' In U.S. - Breitbart

Could someone comment, fact check this? Seems like a complete end-around the US Constitution and rule of law. The article is from October 2015 and I did not find anything on INGO or Snopes about this.

Mike

Mike, it's nonsense. Sharing information is not creating a police force.

I think it was Geller (might have been Jones) that started the silly rumor to drive click numbers.

Plenty of reason to fear Big Government, this isn't one of them.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    It's not a police force. It's an intelligence sharing and training resource that allows cities to see how other cities have dealt with terrorist threats, etc. It's not an enforcement body, in other words, it's a way for City X to learn from City Y what they did and how it worked, or didn't, and establish best practices.

source: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/laun...ommunity-resilience-against-violent-extremism

You can poke around on their website yourself if you like: Strong Cities Network | Inspiring Local Resilience on a Global Scale

Mike, it's nonsense. Sharing information is not creating a police force.

I think it was Geller (might have been Jones) that started the silly rumor to drive click numbers.

Plenty of reason to fear Big Government, this isn't one of them.

Thank you both. With the lack of information I was seeing about it, I was starting to get the impression this was FUD, rag mag material.

Appreciate the confirmation. :ingo:

Mike

Top Bottom