• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Unless you've been in suspended animation over the past week you surely have seen the firestorm of activity over Rudy Giuliani's comments about Barack Obama and his love or not of America. Of course some are taking Giuliani's side, others are taking Obama's side, still others are oddly quiet.

Personally, I think Giuliani is right on target but was, IMHO, quite gentle in the words he chose. I'd have likely used terms like "lying sack of sh_t" or "doucheb_g" but that's why I'm not an elected official. I'm guessing that most INGO members are much closer to Giulani's thinking that say the latest from another "doucheb_g" Lindsey Graham:

[video=youtube;hx37QUEsszA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx37QUEsszA[/video]

My question is to any and all INGO members who think Barack Obama actually does love America. Why do you think that? Please explain...

BTW - If you think the way I do about Obama, you can post but I don't really want to pile on. So let anyone who can support Obama speak their mind so the rest of us can perhaps learn something. I'm hoping more than just crickets chirping will be heard here...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think the issue is the perception of what America is and should be. His is nowhere near what many of ours is. I would not say that necessarily means that he does not love our country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think the issue is the perception of what America is and should be. His is nowhere near what many of ours is. I would not say that necessarily means that he does not love our country.

This. I think he loves America, but that doesn't mean that his vision of America is consistent with a great many other Americans.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think the media and many politicians bring this very issue up to be divisive, but of course they will point at Obama and say that's the pot...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think I disagree with both of you to this extent: yes, his vision for America would make the Founders spin at gas turbine velocity in their graves. But he evinces no sincere sympathy for the people whose lives he is ruining by pursuing his vision for America - despite his verbal expressions to the contrary, and until compelled by public opinion, he has shown little respect for American traditions and practices when they don't suit his purposes.

Besides all that, his whole early life he was immersed in the company of people who hated America, or at the least were indifferent to it. I don't know how he could be expected to have developed a patriotic "love of country" for a place he has always been told is corrupt and was founded illegitimately upon the backs of (half) his people.

On another note, since he will obviously say or do anything to advance his goals, it's difficult to place any credence in anything he has to say - his actions speak much louder than his words.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Holding a hand over the heart (or saluting the flag) during the National Anthem would be a nice start. Visiting veterans with some regularity would be nice. Perhaps showing a little respect for the laws of this nation and his position rather than seeking out ways to circumvent the checks and balances which were put in place to prevent his office from becoming a dictatorship.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I disagree with both of you to this extent: yes, his vision for America would make the Founders spin at gas turbine velocity in their graves. But he evinces no sincere sympathy for the people whose lives he is ruining by pursuing his vision for America - despite his verbal expressions to the contrary, and until compelled by public opinion, he has shown little respect for American traditions and practices when they don't suit his purposes.

Besides all that, his whole early life he was immersed in the company of people who hated America, or at the least were indifferent to it. I don't know how he could be expected to have developed a patriotic "love of country" for a place he has always been told is corrupt and was founded illegitimately upon the backs of (half) his people.

On another note, since he will obviously say or do anything to advance his goals, it's difficult to place any credence in anything he has to say - his actions speak much louder than his words.

This fits as I see it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They held a hand over their heart or saluted the flag, visited wounded veterans and showed some respect for the laws of this nation.

View attachment 36120
    View attachment 36121

and before you post the pic of Obama without his hand over his heart...

View attachment 36122
    View attachment 36123

Check out this link (vid with audio):
    Moon Speech / John F. Kennedy / Rice University / USA / 1962 | HD Stock Video 120-422-816 | Framepool Stock Footage
    JFK, and apparently very few others are observing the hand over heart gesture....

View attachment 36126

And here's a crowd full of people that apparently we can question their patriotism too (enlarge to see how many people aren't following protocol)...

View attachment 36124

As far as showing respect for laws, I don't think there has been a president in any of our lifetimes that can say they did that.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    He displays no love of our country as envisioned by the founding fathers. No defense of borders, national sovereignty, language or culture. Guardians of Liberty understand that some ideologies don't fit with our Constitution and therefore have no place to be implemented in the Unites States.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He displays no love of our country as envisioned by the founding fathers. No defense of borders, national sovereignty, language or culture. Guardians of Liberty understand that some ideologies don't fit with our Constitution and therefore have no place to be implemented in the Unites States.

Would I be wrong in saying that I have no love for the country envisioned by the founding fathers?

Top Bottom