• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Are you kidding? This bunch that occupies the white house and controls congress and advises the bammer is the biggest bunch of clowns and idiots and zealots that I have seen in my nearly 60 years on this planet. There is something new to be amazed at nearly every day. It is getting so that I am not even surprised at their next trick. I really wish that someone would find his Kenyan birth certificate or his Indonesian citizenship documents. Just my two cents.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I fail to see how the UN has any jurisdiction here. Even if the pres WANTS them to, congress would have to change a few things to allow for it.

Kinda like if a child doesn't care for his parents rules, so he asks crazy uncle Leo. As if Uncle Leo has anything to say about it....

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Obama Hauls Arizona Before the UN Human Rights Council

Soooo the UN is more power than our own U.S. Constitution thanks BARRY SOETORO

Only if we allow it! I don't have an opinion on the Arizona law yet. I do have an opinion on the UN telling a sovereign state that they can't pass a law.

A fistfight with the federal government and the united nations is just what this country needs right now. :yesway: Citizens, open up your gun cabinets and take out your back-bones and your rifles, they are both sorely needed right now.

techamber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    I don't get why this is an international case. It has to deal with one stable country that should be able to deal with it's own jurisdiction. Should have just kept it to our own courts.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Somehow, this has to violate the U.S. Constitution. I'm pretty sure it says that the final authority on matters between states and the federal government is the SCOTUS, not the U.N. Human Rights Commission. It would seem this could very easily be construed as an impeachable offense.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Somehow, this has to violate the U.S. Constitution. I'm pretty sure it says that the final authority on matters between states and the federal government is the SCOTUS, not the U.N. Human Rights Commission. It would seem this could very easily be construed as an impeachable offense.

If so, I'm not sure how. As a poster upthread compared, it's like the kid asking crazy uncle Leo, who might give any of several answers. Of course, none of them are binding upon either the kid, the parents, or anyone else. If the UN HRC makes a ruling, Arizona may ignore their decision with impunity, as I see it, so if Barry wants to waste time with that, that's his choice.

Blessings,
    Bill

techamber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010

Would be ironic if it was, but I too am not sure. Using unconstitutional methods to fights things that he believes to be unconstitutional.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If so, I'm not sure how. As a poster upthread compared, it's like the kid asking crazy uncle Leo, who might give any of several answers. Of course, none of them are binding upon either the kid, the parents, or anyone else. If the UN HRC makes a ruling, Arizona may ignore their decision with impunity, as I see it, so if Barry wants to waste time with that, that's his choice.

Blessings,
    Bill
    It could be an impeachable offense if it can be proven that he is attempting to turn over American sovereignty to another nation, or nations.
    That is Sedition, and falls under the "High Crimes And Misdemeanors" clause of the Impeachment Proceedings.
    Mike

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Martin Luther King Jr. tried to do the same thing with Civil Rights. He was ignored. But were does a sitting President of the United states get this authority? Isn't it treason?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's just a report, nothing the U.N. can do is binding on us internally. I think this is part of Obama's ongoing apology to the world.

This kind of crap would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic. The U.N. isn't scary, it's a pathetic, sick joke.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Martin Luther King Jr. tried to do the same thing with Civil Rights. He was ignored. But were does a sitting President of the United states get this authority? Isn't it treason?
    It IS treasonous! But probably no more than any of the other BS that he has pulled, and NOBODY has done anything to stop it. It makes me want to cry to watch what this man and his goons are doing to OUR country on a daily basis. It's gonna get REALLY ugly before it gets any better, and I'm beginning to think that when it does get ugly, it may very well be one of Americas finest moments.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Remember when Mexico sued the USA in the world court when Texas was putting a Mexican citizen to death. Then President Bush told Texas to obey the ruling. However, the Supreme Court said that Texas did not have to obey the ruling because of seperation of powers. They said that Texas was a sovereign and because Texas signed no treaties did not have to obey the ruling. The court also said the President did not have the authority to order Texas to not execute the Mexican citizen. Texas did carry out the execution. I would say based on this case the UN has no leg to stand on in ordering a "state" to do anything.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Remember when Mexico sued the USA in the world court when Texas was putting a Mexican citizen to death. Then President Bush told Texas to obey the ruling. However, the Supreme Court said that Texas did not have to obey the ruling because of seperation of powers. They said that Texas was a sovereign and because Texas signed no treaties did not have to obey the ruling. The court also said the President did not have the authority to order Texas to not execute the Mexican citizen. Texas did carry out the execution. I would say based on this case the UN has no leg to stand on in ordering a "state" to do anything.

Please provide cites.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I sincerely hope we vote better as a nation in the upcoming election...
    Lol... look at the primaries in most areas...

Heck Dan Coats won the Senate primary... he's as liberal as Lugar!

People fugged up this time around, it's lessor of two evils or 3p.

People need to vote in primaries!

As to this debacle... Arizona needs to secede. Plain and simple.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom