• Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Obama: I have it tougher than Abe Lincoln

Holy smokes, you mean Johnny Reb is on the march again?:rolleyes:

Governing is hard. Why won't you people line up and do as you are told just like that glittering example of progressive government . . . North Korea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2naSzb1psU[/ame]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lincoln did not free any slaves!

You mean other than

1. The Lincoln-Douglas Debates which were about slavery

2. Winning the election of 1860 which forced the South to make a decision--slavery or war. They chose war.

3. The Emancipation Proclaimation.

4. conquering the CSA which liberated the slaves from those who did not obey the Emancipation Proclaimation

5. Organizing African-American (Coloured in the term of the day) regiments in the Federal Army.

6. Advocating for the 13th Amendment.

Yes, other than these things Lincoln did not free a single slave.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    And your point is?

My point is that Lincoln advocated the passage of this 13th Amendment as well.

Lincoln didn't care about the slaves. He advocated sending them to the Caribbean or back to Africa. He said the white race and the black race couldn't live together on the same continent. And since he believed the white race was superior, the black race had to go.

And Kirk, the forming of Colored Regiments was just a sop to the abolitionists. Black troops were paid less than their white counterparts. Black regiments were segregated and led by white officers. And black regiments were frequently used as cannon fodder. In the Confederate Army, blacks were integrated and paid the same as white troops.

If the war was only about slavery, then why are there 26 black Confederates buried in Crown Hill Cemetery along with white, Native American, Hispanic and Jewish Confederates? There are 1616 Confederates buried in Crown Hill. They died as POW's at Camp Morton.

Also, if the war was about freeing the slaves, why did the camp guards at Camp Douglas, located in Chicago, have orders to shoot black Confederates on sight?

Finally, if the war was about freeing the slaves, why did my slave-owning ancestors join the Union Army and my non-slave owning ancestors join the Confederate Army?

Now, back to the topic. I seriously doubt Obama has it tougher than Lincoln. He is just a whiny baby who has had everything handed to him his entire life. Apparently, his mommy and grandparents never told him no.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    My point is that Lincoln advocated the passage of this 13th Amendment as well.

Your own link says that Lincoln only passed on this Amendment to the states without comment. The North didn't say the war was to end slavery, but to preserve the Union. The South said, repeatedly, it was about slavery, the right to own slaves and the states' rights to deny citizenship or personhood to African descendants within their borders. Are the lost causers still trying to dress up that pig? Lincoln was a product of his time and not exactly Martin Luther King, but to say that he neither desired the end of slavery, or freed any slaves, or sought to free any is, at best, mistaken.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Obie is just going back to his chicago community organizer roots. Call the media, get in front of a sympathetic audience, whine until someone gives you money. It's really all he knows.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Lincoln has a lot in common with fearless leader...

1. Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration. Obama used
    the same Bible.

2. Lincoln came from Illinois. Obama comes from Illinois.

3. Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature. Obama was present in the Illinois Legislature.

4. Lincoln had very little experience before becoming President... Obama had very little experience before becoming President.

5. Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration. Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.

6. Lincoln was a skinny lawyer. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

7. Lincoln was a Republican. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

8. Lincoln was highly respected. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

9. Lincoln was was intelligent... Obama is a skinny lawyer.

10. Lincoln was honest, so honest he was called Honest Abe. Obama is a skinny lawyer

11. Lincoln saved the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    hope obama goes to ford theater for a break.....................

jake

Actually, I would hate for something to happen to him now. He's already ruined his presidency (and had his hand in ruining the country), there is no good reason for all that to be forgotten because someone killed him.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    ^ I would much rather him suffer the same fate as Carter and be the one term presidential failure that he is rather than become a martyr to the democrats.

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    Obama should have his skin tested , it must be some form of living organism of teflon cause nothing sticks to him , everything is the fault of others.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well, he does have to clean up all of Bush's mistakes... That must be hard. Actually, it probably is hard. Thats why instead of cleaning them up he added to the mess. I wonder how long until we are bombing Syria now? Would starting another kinetic military action make him more like Lincoln?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Huh? Freedom of speech, right? right?

I agree it's freedom of speech, and I'd support it even if the ss decided it was a threat.

Just like I'd support anyone who open carried in IN without a permit, as I believe is their right.

It's just a matter of wanting to live with the consequences, which in this particular situation concern a board that belongs to someone else.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom