Obama planning on pulling a Ronnie Regan!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno:
    Hum... I did not read anything in the article saying about amnesty? Yes I'm sure given a clean slate that I7BO would want amnesty cause that would be 10-11 million votes for him in 2012.

Also did Regan do amnesty when he was in office? I was a little lad (in transformer underwear) when Regan was in office. The only thing I remember of the time was his star wars comment and the fact that some general was on TV (Iran Contrat issue) all the freaking time and those hearings made me miss my GI Joe and Transformer cartoons! For that I did not like Regan back then.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Yep, like Regan did in 1986 Obama wants amnesty for tens of millions of illegals:
    FOXNews.com - Obama: Start Immigration Overhaul This Year

Different decades, different parties and we get screwed just as hard... as usual.
    :xmad:

Why not, sure worked great when the republican head on the monster tried it.:dunno:

picture.php

If people would only quit worrying about the head promising them something and just step on these...

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :dunno:
    Hum... I did not read anything in the article saying about amnesty? Yes I'm sure given a clean slate that I7BO would want amnesty cause that would be 10-11 million votes for him in 2012.

The video accompanying it contains it.

Also Regan said amnesty would only legalize 2-3 million, the final number was nearly 10 million.

Obama is saying 10 million, we can bet the real number will be 20-30 million. All of them will vote for him in 2012.

Also did Regan do amnesty when he was in office? I was a little lad (in transformer underwear) when Regan was in office. The only thing I remember of the time was his star wars comment and the fact that some general was on TV (Iran Contrat issue) all the freaking time and those hearings made me miss my GI Joe and Transformer cartoons! For that I did not like Regan back then.

I was young at the time as well, doesn't mean I didn't pay attention in American History and World Civics classes....
    Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think now I understand why so many people look at me funny when I say reagan was a dirtbag... they either forget or don't know how many times he screwed over America. 1986 was a particularly bad year, he also banned a boatload of guns in 1986.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think now I understand why so many people look at me funny when I say reagan was a dirtbag... they either forget or don't know how many times he screwed over America. 1986 was a particularly bad year, he also banned a boatload of guns in 1986.

Bull****.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Bull****.

You don't believe me that Ronald Reagan banned the manufacture of any new fully automatic weapons in 1986? He is responsible for the price of an M16 going from $800 to $15,000+ as just one singular example.

Twice in a thread of just one page, people ignorant of major events that happened less than 25 years ago. :rolleyes:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You don't believe me that Ronald Reagan banned the manufacture of any new fully automatic weapons in 1986? He is responsible for the price of an M16 going from $800 to $15,000+ as just one singular example.

Twice in a thread of just one page, people ignorant of major events that happened less than 25 years ago. :rolleyes:

How did that provision get in the bill? Who supported the bill and who opposed it? Who supported and opposed the bill after this provision was added? Who added it? What was Reagan's reaction to it? What was the purpose of adding the provision? How was that amendment adding it passed? We've been over this before, here and elsewhere; saying "Reagan did this..." is simplistic to the point of idiocy and it's extremely, cynically dishonest. Talk about ignorance.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well CarmelHP did Regan sign or NOT sign the bill into law? He could have VETOED the bill.
    Just like I7BO signed the last budget and then said "it's not perfect".
    You sign a bill you are taking responsibility for it.

It's like you saying, well I'm only cutting this here pie that was baked with poison but I'm not poising you since I'm only severing it to you and did not make it. You could throw the whole pie away.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What was Reagan's reaction to it? He SIGNED IT INTO LAW!
    <snip>
    saying "Reagan did this..." is simplistic to the point of idiocy and it's extremely, cynically dishonest.

HE banned MILLIONS of firearms, arguably what would have been tens of MILLIONS of firearms by this point in our history.

You can spin it however you'd like, but the man committed TREASON and stabbed conservatives in the back.

If you want to justify his treason by the fact that 250~ other people voted for it, go ahead. I'm not sticking my head in the sand and giving him a pass for it.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    HE banned MILLIONS of firearms, arguably what would have been tens of MILLIONS of firearms by this point in our history.

You can spin it however you'd like, but the man committed TREASON and stabbed conservatives in the back.

If you want to justify his treason by the fact that 250~ other people voted for it, go ahead. I'm not sticking my head in the sand and giving him a pass for it.

Absolute bull****. He announced he was vetoing it because of the Democrats poison pill added at the 11th hour on a voice by a Democrat House. He only relented because gunowners begged him not to because the sponsors said they would get it taken out by next session, then he waited until the last possible time to sign to let manufacturers get as many receivers in the pipeline as possible. Democrats were trying to kill the bill with the Hughes Amendment, gun owners were clamoring to get the regulatory relief, the deregulation of ammo and components, safe passage, and legislative veto of BATF portions of the bill. So, you give the blame to Reagan for the one portion of the bill he opposed. Brilliant, I love all you historical and political experts. No compromise, all or nothing, so you get nothing. Go down with the ship so everyone drowns. There is no gray, only black and white, no hard decisions ever have to be made. I thought signing the bill was a mistake at the time, but in retrospect, it saved shooting and brought in millions of more shooters to what was then a dying avocation. Trillions of rounds of ammunition were distributed because of it, and tens of millions of imported military firearms which were previously banned from import. But you folks know it all.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ...and here in this thread we have the perfect example of how the 2 headed snake remains in control of the country. A perfect example of how the snake keeps the population in control with the useless public education system pumping out mindless automatons incapable of self directed thought.

The king is dead! Long live the king!
    (deleted)

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Absolute bull****. He announced he was vetoing it because of the Democrats poison pill added at the 11th hour on a voice by a Democrat House. He only relented because gunowners begged him not to because the sponsors said they would get it taken out by next session, then he waited until the last possible time to sign to let manufacturers get as many receivers in the pipeline as possible. Democrats were trying to kill the bill with the Hughes Amendment, gun owners were clamoring to get the regulatory relief, the deregulation of ammo and components, safe passage, and legislative veto of BATF portions of the bill. So, you give the blame to Reagan for the one portion of the bill he opposed. Brilliant, I love all you historical and political experts. No compromise, all or nothing, so you get nothing. Go down with the ship so everyone drowns. There is no gray, only black and white, no hard decisions ever have to be made. I thought signing the bill was a mistake at the time, but in retrospect, it saved shooting and brought in millions of more shooters to what was then a dying avocation. Trillions of rounds of ammunition were distributed because of it, and tens of millions of imported military firearms which were previously banned from import. But you folks know it all.

I have had this debate with you before and we will never agree but one thing that does seem to occur is that YOU are the only one that thinks Reagan did the right thing and helped gun owners.

Barack Obama+Ronald Reagan= two great minds think alike:D

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have had this debate with you before and we will never agree but one thing that does seem to occur is that YOU are the only one that thinks Reagan did the right thing and helped gun owners.

Barack Obama+Ronald Reagan= two great minds think alike:D

No, he is not the only one. Reagan did what he could within his limits. You have to remember that Reagan was a gun owner and shooter.

If you compare Reagan to Obama, then you are very naive about our history and what is going on.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Politics is a dirty business, requiring ugly compromises. Can any of you purists point to any government that has existed anywhere, that behaved with the imaginary purity you guys advocate? Or does this only exist in your mind, or in an Ayn Rand novel?

Here's a newsflash - if you got purists into power, which is impossible, but if you did, don't you understand that they wouldn't remain pure for long, or they would be out of power? In our system, lots of people disagree with you. They are going to elect representatives. Those representatives get a vote, too, even if you think they are dead wrong. If all those folks who disagree with you elect enough representatives, your pure ones will have to compromise, or they'll lose on every issue.

Your ideological purity is unworkable unless you can get an overwhelming majority who agree with you. And you can't even get the most like-minded people you know to agree with you.

The real world is governed here in the real world, not in your made up world.

Top Bottom