• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    While listening to Dana Loesch today, one of the callers mentioned that Obama called the Constitution "that piece of paper". Is that true? Did he really say that about the Constitution?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    While listening to Dana Loesch today, one of the callers mentioned that Obama called the Constitution "that piece of paper". Is that true? Did he really say that about the Constitution?

For a "Constitutional Scholar", he should know better... it's parchment.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Are you insinuating that being shot through the head front to back, 5 months in the hospital followed by more months of rehab and then having to resign your job anyway are not an 'ordeal'?

No insinuation was intended. The use of quotes was to restate the word Obama used during his description of Gifford's trama. And to cite another INGO comment, there was no mention of her shooter's background. I have both seen and personally experienced a gunshot wound. I was not, however, shot in the head. Therefore, I am not diminishing Mrs. Gifford's injuries or continuing struggle to recover. I am sorry you misinterpreted my comment(s).

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, when will the dithering republicans move to press charges against Obama and his cohorts? I doubt they'll do more than wag their tongues and fingers and let this go.

"Gun Control" ? Can Someone Please Make That Man a Ham Sandwich? | The William Lloyd Garrison Center for Libertarian Advocacy Journalism

Under US Code Title 18, Section 241, “If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same … They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section … they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.”
    I’ve heard it said that a grand jury will, if asked to do so by a prosecutor, “indict a ham sandwich.” Is there a prosecutor and a grand jury in the US brave enough to bring Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch and their co-conspirators before the bar of justice?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Didn't I catch at the end, "I hope some gun dealers will do the right thing and stop selling guns without background checks... and stop selling high capacity magazines and semi-automatic rifles..." This is totally from memory, but I think it was something very similar. "Dealers" was the term he used. Put the background check thing aside, he is saying that you are doing the WRONG thing by selling semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines..?

He indicated later that "we'll do this and then we will do more". On one hand we hear the message from Democrats in general that this isn't the beginning of the slippery slope toward taking our firearms, but then he indicates that the background check expansion IS the first step toward something... Well, hell, he already told us the next things on his list = semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines!

Anyone else watch the whole thing and catch that?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    top selling guns without background checks... and stop selling high capacity magazines and semi-automatic rifles..." This is totally from memory, but I think it was something very similar. "Dealers" was the term he used. Put the background check thing aside, he is saying that you are doing the WRONG thing by selling semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines..?

He indicated later that "we'll do this and then we will do more". On one hand we hear the message from Democrats in general that this isn't the beginning of the slippery slope toward taking our firearms, but then he indicates that the background check expansion IS the first step toward something... Well, hell, he already told us the next things on his list = semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines!

Anyone else watch the whole thing and catch that?[/QUOTE]

Yep.....that is basically what he said. If you want to keep your health care provider.............Blah Blah Blah!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It sickens me that he pretends to care about the Newtown victims, and children in general, when he continues to advocate government funding of the abortion industry that profits from the murder of innocent children, millions and millions of innocent children, and that's just in America. He speaks of the abolition of one kind of slavery, while advocating government funding of another. When human beings are treated as property that we can treat as we please, including killing them, that IS slavery. A government that so easily the dismisses the God given freedom of an entire class of human beings can easily justify away the freedom of any other class of human beings. This is becoming painfully obvious with this administration. The government sorely needs to be reminded that they do not grant rights. It is just the opposite. It is the people that grant rights to the government.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think the OP was insulting HER, rather the USE of her as part of a larger discourse. It's the same reason I get upset when politicians parade children on stage as they sign documents.
    Her tragedy certainly was an ordeal. By the same token, a pro-gun politician from either party could have a man/woman/child on stage who used a gun in self-defense.

Then he had better brush up on his use of quotes.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He knows absolutely NOTHING about guns and is only doing this as a ploy. Now let's see what Congress has to say about it.

Do you think if he had been in the Army, for example, his stance would be any different? Based on his bitter clingers comment, it is hard for me to regard this crusade as the result of simple ignorance of the subject, combined with some political opportunism. He has a hard-on for this issue. There is obvious resentment in his demeanor, and the most casual observer can see he has a distaste for guns in civilian hands which is not the product of mere ignorance, but rather some significant degree of philosophical reflection. This is an expression of his bedrock beliefs.

I think we're too easy on him when we let him off the hook with a simple allegation of ignorance or opportunism. He's not a misguided political striver whose ignorance has led him astray. This man is the personification of our enemy, Que.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture. His last year in office, at this point he is going to chip away and do tons of little things behind the scenes and parade the talking points. This is meant to upset a lot of people. This is meant to be political. POLITICAL. Everything this man does is political, NOTHING MORE. Refugee--political to paint the right as racists. Obamacare-political to paint the right as not wanting people to have health care. Hands up dont shoot, trayvon, etc--political to paint the right as racists. The list goes on. The whole time he's in background doing the real sinister things that are eroding our freedoms and actually hurting people while everyone tries to analyze and bicker about one or two points in his 4000 executive actions, or the 2,000 page obamacare bill, or the 1000 page omnibus bill.....Its all political and liberalism is winning. I heard a quote once "like a theif in the night." We've doubled our debt in 7 years, we've flooded this country with countless people who hate this country, we've allowed the gov't to take over 1/6th of the economy, an actual presidential candidate is a proven criminal and under investigation.....at this point i'm not sure i want half this country to reap the benefits that the other half is providing. In a just a few short years this country has changed beyond what anyone seems to realize. We've been heading this way for a while, but in no time its gone from kinda crazy to out of control. Cheers!

Grifd21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2014
    Bloomington
    Zippy - well said. This is just the latest of Obama's very carefully plotted political agenda, and the scary thing is he still has more time left in office. This country has been slipping since he stepped in office, and now it just seems like we are in more of a freefall. And he's winning, because like you mentioned, every time a SANE person that doesn't believe in his bull crap speaks up, they are the bigot/racist/supremist/whatever. I don't know if it's scarier that the liberal agenda is progressing, or that every time someone tries to say something about it they get chastised by the media? Sick of it!

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond

I mentioned that in the second comment. I give my best effort to pay attention to political speeches, etc without getting hot blooded. I'll try to listen, analyze, and research to find the truth somewhere in the middle. But hearing that from our President this afternoon got my blood a'boiling.

Top Bottom