• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    WFT? Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe - News Story - WTOV Steubenville
    Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe
    President: Those Who Died Deserve Justice, Not Political Stagecraft

PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer
    Posted: 6:00 am EST November 14, 2009
    Updated: 9:12 am EST November 14, 2009

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama on Saturday urged Congress to hold off on any investigation of the Fort Hood rampage until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their probes into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

On an eight-day Asia trip, Obama turned his attention home and pleaded for lawmakers to "resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater." He said those who died on the nation's largest Army post deserve justice, not political stagecraft.

"The stakes are far too high," Obama said in a video and Internet address released by the White House while the president he was flying from Tokyo to Singapore, where Pacific Rim countries were meeting.

Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, was charged on Thursday with the shooting spree at Fort Hood last week. Army investigators have said Hasan is the only suspect and could face additional charges.

Obama already had ordered a review of all intelligence related to Hasan and whether the information was properly shared and acted upon within government agencies. Several members of Congress, particularly Michigan Rep. Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, have also called for a full examination of what agencies knew about Hasan's contacts with a radical Muslim cleric in Yemen and others of concern to the U.S.

Hoekstra confirmed this week that government officials knew of about 10 to 20 e-mails between Hasan and the radical imam, beginning in December 2008.

A joint terrorism task force overseen by the FBI learned late last year of Hasan's repeated contact with the cleric, who encouraged Muslims to kill U.S. troops in Iraq. The FBI said the task force did not refer early information about Hasan to superiors because it concluded he wasn't linked to terrorism.

Lawmakers, however, already have announced they want their own investigations and were frustrated with what they view as a less-than-forthcoming administration.

Rep. Howard McKeon, R-Calif., said he wanted to go ahead with an investigation from the House Armed Services Committee, where he is the top Republican. He said he wanted an investigation that wouldn't compromise law enforcement or military investigations that were continuing on separate tracks.

In the Senate, Sen. Joe Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, said his Homeland Security Committee was opening an investigation.

Obama said he was not opposed to hearings -- eventually. But he strongly pressed lawmakers to hold off until the probes now under way are completed. "There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said. "That investigation will look at the motives of the alleged gunman, including his views and contacts." "We must compile every piece of information that was known about the gunman, and we must learn what was done with that information. Once we have those facts, we must act upon them."​

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    WTH!!!!

1. How many trips are we paying for the Family to take?

2. When is he going to start doing the F'ing job he is paid to do?

3. When are we going to elect a leader that has a spine?

4. When are we going to get a Politicain that sees the Military as more than hired gunman and future terrorists?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I actually find myself in agreement with him on this. Congress should stay the h*ll out of things and let the military investigators and FBI do their jobs. There's plenty of time later for these useless **** to have their moment in front of the cameras.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Personally I think this needs to stay in the hands of the Army...

There will be more than enough time for him to rot in Leavenworth... UCMJ has many charges that he will be charged under during his Court Martial. As long as the Poloticians try not to make this a Cilivian matter, that is... Even if he is only charged with the people who he killed...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I actually find myself in agreement with him on this. Congress should stay the h*ll out of things and let the military investigators and FBI do their jobs. There's plenty of time later for these useless **** to have their moment in front of the cameras.

I agree...if anyone needs to be investigated, it should be congress.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I agree with this decision. The law enforcement agencies, Army CID,... should complete the criminal investigation, the Army should confuct their own investigation and then congress can get involved if there is a need. If they get involved too early there is the risk that they screw it up.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I agree...if anyone needs to be investigated, it should be congress.

I agree with this decision. The law enforcement agencies, Army CID,... should complete the criminal investigation, the Army should confuct their own investigation and then congress can get involved if there is a need. If they get involved too early there is the risk that they screw it up.

I say I agree with everyone's post so far. But alfahornet if you do not mind I would say "If they get involved, they will screw it up!" But I find myself doing the samething, thinking that they can do something RIGHT at least once! :twocents:
    Mrs. one more and the Daughter went to town to stand on Michigan Street for SSgt. Justin DeCrow's Services. (He was one of the 13 Killed at Fort Hood) They say where they were the crowd was a bit thin. I was at work myself.

one more

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Obama Still Covering Up Fort Hood Muslim Terrorist Attack

President Barack Hussein Obama continues to demonstrate that he is more interested in not hurting the feelings of Muslims than protecting our soldiers. This means pretending that Maj. Nidal Hasan's execution of 12 Army soldiers and one civilian employee last week at Ft. Hood was something other than a Muslim terrorist attack. In his weekly radio address today, Obama referred to Hasan's deadly assault as a "terrible tragedy" and referred to him as "an alleged gunman." "I won't compromise that investigation by discussing the details of this case," he said. "Alleged gunman!" Is this guy joking? This is the same man who concluded that the Cambridge Police "acted stupidly" in their arrest of his friend, Prof. Gates before he knew any of the facts about his arrest. You would think this was another random shooting on Chicago's South Side to hear President Obama speak.

Obama assured us there would be a complete investigation and he "will insist that the full story be told." But he quickly added, "[A]l of us should resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater that sometimes dominates the discussion here in Washington." "The stakes are far too high," he added. Did you hear that? That's code for saying there will be no talk of a Muslim terrorist attack. Anyone who claims that in this case will just be playing politics, or so says President Obama. We know what the full story will be. The guy was just a lonely man who snapped under the pressure of secondary post-traumatic stress syndrome from providing counseling to soldiers shipping out to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq. They can no longer claim he suffered the stress of listening to soldiers returning from battle because we now know he never counseled those soldiers. So put out of your mind the silly notion that he was devout Muslim carrying out jihad on the United States. Never mind those contacts with an al Qaeda supporter, his former iman for the mosque he attended, which coincidentally was the same mosque of some of the 9/11 hijackers. Don't read anything into his statement that "we (Muslims) love death more than you love life." Ignore the personal calling card he handed out advertising the fact that he was a "Soldier of Allah". Forget the fact that one of the only personal items he left behind in his modest apartment was a paper shredder. He just snapped. Get it?

Top Bottom