• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you read the comments o the original article a couple of folks have an interesting conspiracy theory thbat 0 actually allowed the attack to go on so that the terrorists could take the ambasador hostage, inorder to use him as a bargaining chip for the blind shiek.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    The Fox special was very damning if it actually is factual. The deaths occurred in different locales and Stephens in the hospital. Why no US assets were dispatched is criminal considering how long this went on. The Obama administration is definitely in CYA mode this close to Election Day. Their story just doesn't jibe.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm not buying anything. I am, admittedly, poorly informed on the entire issue.

Gotcha. No prob. Unfortunately - that's the game that the Obama admin is playing. For two weeks they called it a "reaction of a crowd that got out of control - to the video" and "demonstration against the video". That was total BS.

The family of the Ambassador and the others who died need to know that their relatives did not die over a stupid video.

Depending on how this proves out they died because of
    a) Incompetent bungling by the Obama administration that did not give them the help that they sought to protect the embassy and staff.
    b) Unwillingness of the Administration to take action to protect them
    c) Unwillingness or inability of the Administration to squarely face the situation and call it what it was.
    d) Wanting to fit the current events in the Muslim world into the Administration's worldview, instead of basing their worldview on reality

Most likely a combination of all of the above.

Probably best to resist the urge to look at conspiracy theories and stick to facts as they are uncovered. The administration screwed the proverbial pooch on this one - and indeed they are in cover up mode - when they should be sharing the facts. This fact alone renders them untrustworthy at a minimum and likely far worse.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You need an embassy anywhere you have or want to have semi-friendly relations with another country.
    For all the "trade with all, alliance with none" arguments, you'd think they'd understand that, huh?

If you read the comments o the original article a couple of folks have an interesting conspiracy theory thbat 0 actually allowed the attack to go on so that the terrorists could take the ambasador hostage, inorder to use him as a bargaining chip for the blind shiek.

Someone here on INGO already tried to bring that up. Or something very similar. The article they used to support it blamed the SEALs for screwing it up by defending the compound and "forcing" the attackers to kill out of self defense.

gunshop73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Evansville
    All I can say is this administration has been asleep at the wheel for the last 4 years. There has been speculation that the reason Amb. Stevens was there was because we were supplying Libyan rebels with arms. Just like we are doing in Syria. So Obamas MidEast policy is something like: Give a bunch of radical muslim extremist the weapons they need to overthrow their government and really hope they like us better because of it!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    All I can say is this administration has been asleep at the wheel for the last 4 years. There has been speculation that the reason Amb. Stevens was there was because we were supplying Libyan rebels with arms. Just like we are doing in Syria. So Obamas MidEast policy is something like: Give a bunch of radical muslim extremist the weapons they need to overthrow their government and really hope they like us better because of it!

You would think that by now they would have learned that the loyalty of these people cannot be bought and can be rented for only the shortest of time (like until the check clears or the shipment arrives).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

So there's a possibility our embassy was attacked in retalliation for our meddling in their affairs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So there's a possibility our embassy was attacked in retalliation for our meddling in their affairs.

Absolutely. Had we kept out of that one, Moammar would still have the place in acceptable order albeit not what one would consider a bastion of freedom, but then again, freedom and that demographic seem to be mutually exclusive--and this would never have happened.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Absolutely. Had we kept out of that one, Moammar would still have the place in acceptable order albeit not what one would consider a bastion of freedom, but then again, freedom and that demographic seem to be mutually exclusive--and this would never have happened.

The Us is that relative that talks to all the other family members and spreads the gossip to stir up trouble. Once trouble happens, they act shocked.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ditto with Iraq and Egypt.

Agreed without reservation. I would even go back and scoop up Carter setting the Shah up to get taken down. I simply don't understand the rationale behind replacing the arguably bad with even worse.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Agreed without reservation. I would even go back and scoop up Carter setting the Shah up to get taken down. I simply don't understand the rationale behind replacing the arguably bad with even worse.
    Forgot that one. Arguably had we stayed out of Iran in 1952 it might have gone Red. Then the great Satan might have ended up being the Russians instead of us.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Forgot that one. Arguably had we stayed out of Iran in 1952 it might have gone Red. Then the great Satan might have ended up being the Russians instead of us.

That one is in the dead space for me. I can just barely remember the Three Mile Island event and the Iran Hostage crisis (1973 vintage here) and the 1952 event was too recent to turn up as history.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't have an active memory of that one. I do remember Tet, however.

That would have been a little while before my dad had his sunny southeast asia tour. He would have been there 1970/71 I think. He won't talk and I don't ask.

Top Bottom