• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Unless they are talking about an executive order, I just don't see any bills that I have seen making it through the house.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Strength in numbers: join the NRA.

Write your congressmen.

There are too many wobbly "pro-2A" legislators out there to assume nothing will pass.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Unless they are talking about an executive order, I just don't see any bills that I have seen making it through the house.

look how many RINO's joined the Dems on the fiscal cliff deal? IF we don't flood them with letters they will pass a ban. They may do it even if we flood them.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I saw something about Executive orders in one aritcle I read. I read it twice and it appeared to be talking about Mental Health changes and the line that scared me was something about Modernizing the ATFs way they keep track of something or other.

Thisis the article I read...maybe its linked in another post here...but its very similar to the article above

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action, according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries. Possibilities include changes to federal mental-health programs and modernization of gun-tracking efforts by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

I thought it was interesting that they were talking about trying to befriend evil Walmart to use evil monopolizers to try to help shut down private sales to try to force sales to happen at retailers...

For instance, this person suggested, Wal-Mart and other major gun retailers may have an incentive to support closing a loophole that allows people to bypass background checks if they purchase firearms at gun shows or through other types of private sales. That could result in more people buying guns in retail stores.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I wish it were a law that you could only watch the media if you were a 4-year college graduate....

Quit paying attention to this media nonsense! Once again....we control the House! The variables are nothing like 1994. There will be no ban of any kind! Barack Hussein cannot initiate anything by executive order. It would simply be ignored. Any such ban MUST pass the House. It won't happen.

Enough of this simple-minded women's gossip.

handdoc48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    look how many RINO's joined the Dems on the fiscal cliff deal? IF we don't flood them with letters they will pass a ban. They may do it even if we flood them.

Short, cogent letters definitely help. Money helps even more.

With that said, the so-call fiscal cliff had legislative dynamics and deadlines that backed Republicans into a corner. These same pressures do not exist for gun control legislation. I'm hopeful that any legislation would be DOA in the House. There is a small chance that Republicans could cave on registration, waiting periods, etc - anything that could be viewed as not abridging gun ownership rights.

The only (temporary) threat is from executive order. Obama and Holder have shown a jaded, cynical disrespect for the legislative process and the rule of law. Luckily, exectuive orders are neither law, nor permanent.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    I wish it were a law that you could only watch the media if you were a 4-year college graduate....

Quit paying attention to this media nonsense! Once again....we control the House! The variables are nothing like 1994. There will be no ban of any kind! Barack Hussein cannot initiate anything by executive order. It would simply be ignored. Any such ban MUST pass the House. It won't happen.

It'll only pass if we don't keep pestering the hell out of our reps and senators. :dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Personally I'm sick and tired of the use of "NRA".

The story should read something like:

"White house plans to overwhelm Constitution"

"White house plans to overwhelm gun owners"

"White house plans to commit treason"

100 million gun owners in this country. 4~ million nra members.

Ignoring the other 96 million is elitist. At best.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Well Said.

Personally I'm sick and tired of the use of "NRA".

The story should read something like:

"White house plans to overwhelm Constitution"

"White house plans to overwhelm gun owners"

"White house plans to commit treason"

100 million gun owners in this country. 4~ million nra members.

Ignoring the other 96 million is elitist. At best.

I too am tired of hearing the media spin the whole topic as the poor vulnerable defenseless American Citizens against the Powerful Narrow minded, Child Killing NRA Organization who's soul purpose is to defend these deranged shooters and their evil weapons. Like the organization is not made of of Mothers, Fathers, Children, etc. As you have said, they are also ignoring an overwhelming majority of the people who don't even belong to that organization. I believe the reason they do it is to try and polarize the voters against the organization and convince the reps to vote for bad legislation. It will not work for them. Either it fails and nothing passes, or bad legislation passes, and their worst nightmare begins. If it goes south and a full civil war breaks out the legislation will not have saved a whole lot of lives, but it's always been about control anyway.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

Tagged for review at the end of the month.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    80 million gun owners and only 4 million in the NRA. Time to join up to fight for our rights NOW. Come off of the coffee money next week and send in the dam $25 to give the organization some real clout. If not the NRA then one of the other pro-gun rights organizations out there. Too many so-called pro-gun legislators are answering the mail with "I will continue to support the 2nd Amendment" when what I want to hear is "I won't support an AWB or magazine restrictions or government oversight of private sales".

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    80 million gun owners and only 4 million in the NRA. Time to join up to fight for our rights NOW. Come off of the coffee money next week and send in the dam $25 to give the organization some real clout. If not the NRA then one of the other pro-gun rights organizations out there. Too many so-called pro-gun legislators are answering the mail with "I will continue to support the 2nd Amendment" when what I want to hear is "I won't support an AWB or magazine restrictions or government oversight of private sales".

Here's a few ideas. There are a few organizations that pretend to be pro gun but aren't .. I think the following are all Pro Gun rights, if I am wrong please PM me so I can edit the post.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/...sgiftwy&EK=Y3ARPPBD&pubID=148.30&hid=20299194

GOA Annual Membership

Second Amendment Foundation Online

Armed Females of America: Pro-Gun Women on Full Auto

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

Neal Knox -- The Gun Rights War

Liberty Belles - Second Amendment

Second Amendment Sisters - Self-Defense is a Basic Human Right

The Common Sense Gun Lobby Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

Women Against Gun Control

The Paul Revere Network

http://www.secondamendmentsupporters.com/directory_national.html

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

It's not about the money for many people. The NRA has stabbed it's members in the back many times in the past.

Up until the late 90's, early 2000's they were against "assault weapons".

Many people don't trust the NRA based on the way it's treated gun owners over the past several decades, and rightly so. As recently as Katrina and Heller vs DC, we've seen the delay and waffling until other groups such as GOA, JPFO and most notably the SAF have taken the first steps and the NRA has only decided to join in when victory was basically assured.

I think the NRA will either move into being a COMPLETE RKBA group or revert to the sportsmans group imentality it's had from the 60's to the late 90's over these next few weeks and months.

As they evolve and choose a side, they will either gain, or lose, membership by the millions.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Someone put brakes on gun control legislation in Senate. Feinstein said she would present her bill January 3 but media reports say no Senate gun control bills until later in January. Keep on you legislators lest they think monitoring and confiscating your removable magazine guns is OK with you.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    The best thing NRA does is ferociously defend the 2nd Amendment. Price of annual membership is worth their legal services.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I wrote my congressman today to voice my opinion. I feel like it falls on deaf ears but still felt good to write.

Top Bottom