• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    From the title, I assume that most of you coming into the thread are already fired up and ready to give a beating; however, you should know that I too wish it were never made law. Nonetheless, it is much more difficult to repeal a law than it is to make one. Which leads me to the point.
    I started to question the situation when MSM, SnL, and talk show hosts started to give light to the broken role out of the website. They would only do so to distract the citizens from something else- to give us a warm fuzzy that things are turning around. This is not the case, but only a distraction from the last battle to be won before our country is irrepairable: immigration. If an amnesty bill is passed, our country will no longer exist as it were. So don't be fooled by the obamacare fiasco for it will implode on itself - let the coyote chew its leg off. The right needs to focus on crossing the Trenton River at this last hour.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    What the?!? Granted some things are more pressing than others but ignoring bad laws just because they are now law doesn't seem to be a good idea to me....

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    How I wish social programs would simply implode and everyone would wake up and realize the government has no business doing our business for us. But the fact of the matter is we still have social security (we're too dumb to plan for retirement), Public School (we're too dumb to teach our kids), Welfare (too dumb to work), _________ (too dumb to ______), Obamacare (too dumb to know what kind of health insurance we want). It doesn't matter if it fails or goes broke. Every so often enough left leaning leaders are in charge because We-The-People put them there. They never go away.

Challenge: Name one national social program that failed and went away.

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    That is the whole point. Now it is very hard to get these programs off the books, but still possible- but it will be impossible if 40million likely-democrat voters are legally in the system.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Would prohibition count as a social program???

To follow along the vein of the OP, when I read that I thought - I bet native Americans sat and argued about much the same situation.

Swing and a miss! Prohibition was federal law and was repealed, but it was not a program to hand out free stuff. I will give you this, it was a nanny-state initiative that basically said we're too dumb to drink responsibly.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    What the?!? Granted some things are more pressing than others but ignoring bad laws just because they are now law doesn't seem to be a good idea to me....

Now is the time for all to put as much pressure on our elected officials as possible.
    Contact them daily demanding the ACA be revoked.

homer12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Just wait until there's a new scandal, a la Benghazi, NSA, IRS, etc. and Obamacare will be old news and just like any other social program, except that it will affect more people on a daily basis.

I expect a new scandal to be coming out any day now...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Swing and a miss! Prohibition was federal law and was repealed, but it was not a program to hand out free stuff. I will give you this, it was a nanny-state initiative that basically said we're too dumb to drink responsibly.

Two up, two down, one more for the inning. :D :D :D

Prohibition was a Constitutional Amendment as was what it required to repeal it. Much more complicated in it's enactment and repeal than the NSTBACA*

*Never Supposed To Be Affordable Care Act

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How I wish social programs would simply implode and everyone would wake up and realize the government has no business doing our business for us. But the fact of the matter is we still have social security (we're too dumb to plan for retirement), Public School (we're too dumb to teach our kids), Welfare (too dumb to work), _________ (too dumb to ______), Obamacare (too dumb to know what kind of health insurance we want). It doesn't matter if it fails or goes broke. Every so often enough left leaning leaders are in charge because We-The-People put them there. They never go away.

Challenge: Name one national social program that failed and went away.

I'm sure there have been some but I'd wager most were reborn again in some other program with more/better benefits. This is why Ted Cruz et al went after the last ditch attempt to stop it. We relied on the SCOTUS to stop it and we failed; "we" voted for folks that promised to fight to repeal it and we failed. As they fix the web site, enough people resign themselves to the new normalm once it becomes part of the American experience, I'm afraid we'll forever be tweaking, reforming, overhauling, and reparing this monster just like all the others--forever.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    that is a defeatist attitude, so once its a law then we just go along with it? How ridiculous. Side note:our constitution allows us not to follow anything that is "passed" that goes against the constitution, this law is unconstitutional from many aspects, regardless of the ruling of it being a tax, and if thats the case then it is unconstitutional as a tax since it originated in the senate. If they passed a law to kill your first born, would your attitude be the same? It needs to be heckled daily, the law needs to be in the news hourly about how its screwing people, the republicans should NEVER shut up about it, they are winning this argument, thats why the media tells you just what you posted...."its the law, get over it." Since when do democrats follow laws they dont like?????? WOW

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I agree that everything that can be done, should be done, I was only lamenting the history of such things. I will continue to fight, and expect my representatives to fight, but the chances of repealing it are slim.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's just not pragmatic to repeal obamacare. We need to chip away at it at a pace of 100 years for full removal. Full repeal can't win right now.

Top Bottom